It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I WANT TO START WRITING THREADS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I JUST DONT KNOW WHERE TO START, OR WHERE TO LOOK COULD I GET SOME HELP ON THIS, IV BEEN ON HERE ALREADY FOR ABOUT A TWO MONTHS SO I THINK I WANT TO START ADDING MORE UNDER MY BELT SO TO SPEAK

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Find a subject matter or issue that appeals to you and go from there. This world offers plenty of material to work from.

Looking forward to your future contributions. Good luck!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think you just did....

not exactly front page material, but no points off for tryin....

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
FIX YOUR KEYBOARD, I THINK IT'S BROKEN. THE CAPS LOCK KEY MUST BE STUCK!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This thread gets an:

A for effort

F for content

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Its always good to start writing about yourself.

Then again, nobody wants to hear how great someone else is. nor do they want to hear how much someone else sucks, so relating to everyone is key into getting readers.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Sometimes it's hard to start new threads, but there are plenty of threads existing already that need your opinion and input.

I can barely wait to hear from you.

PS,New keyboards are cheap, mine cost me $24.00 CDN.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The best threads imo are well thought out and contain at least a working knowledge of the subject as well as a clear follow up covering the posters opinions on the subject.

I think the best advice anyone here can give you is to 1) do your research and know what you're talking about, passion for a subject doesn't hurt either and 2) study some of the more successful threads for an idea of what works and what doesn't.

I won't point fingers at threads that I feel weren't interesting enough to get many replies other than to say check out the few threads I've started for examples of the fate of sloppily thrown together threads.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Before posting a thread make sure you:

1) Understand your content before posting
2) Do an adequate amount of research (Don't be biased because it will
bite you when the other side is arguing)
3)Don't make long paragraphs because they make peoples eyes bleed
4)Make sure no one has posted the same topic (unless the topic is outdated and you have additional information)
5) Have proper arguments for trolls.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

Its not broken mybe i wanted to type in all caps

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_of_truth

Are you new to the internet? If you aren't, then you should already know by now that typing in ALL CAPS is considered annoying, rude, attention getting, and just like SHOUTING.

So, why not make your first "Thread" be about a history of ALL CAPS on the internet and how its use has changed over the years?

[edit on 27-2-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Well, that is good then, Go buy a pizza with the money you saved.

Keep your ears clean, wash your eyeballs then the thread idea's will come to you, it's helps also to wash that area between the,... Oh never mind.

I am glad your keyboard is fixed, what did you do to fix it?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

thanks, i think a good wash would help
oh it was easy i pressed the caps button i almost freaked out when my words where not in caps anymore

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

well thank you now i know, i didnt mean to SHOUT ill reserve that right when i cant express my emotions ill be sure to use it

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hell, this thread already has more comments than several of mine.

Do not worry if they bomb. One only learns by doing. Someone has a thread called How to make a Killer Thread. Try searching for that and take a look.

Anyway, I have found besides the content of your thread, a very good attention getting title is needed. It should have at least 75% to do with the thread. Think of Barnum in this suggestion.

The biggest thing I have found though is the Time at which you release it though. I like to save my best efforts for like a Friday or Saturday release. Hey, do not spread that around.

Also, when you start a thread, stick around and at least parry with commenters for awhile. I oh so hate it when someone posts a thread and go offline immediately after posting. Also, if enough talk about the thread you could get in on the active threads section and boom-you are on your way.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Figure out an alternative topic you are interested in, be it UFOS, NWO, Atlantis, etc. Research the aspect of said topic you would like to go over or a particular event within the theory's history. Make the thread, if you need help with formatting click the HELP button over in the left corner of the new thread you are posting.

Make sure to post links to any sources you are quoting from.

Then sit back and wait for replies, stars and flags. Good luck

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I WANT TO START WRITING THREADS

Cool...

Keep dragging them knuckles across the keyboard a few dozen more times you'll get it sooner or later.

caps lock IS NOT YOUR FRIEND.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

G'day truth of truth

Just start a thread about NZ being in the wrong place.

You will get 100 flags & be on your way.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Congrats, you've just created a thread!

It's not really about anything, but it's a start^^. If you do anymore in the future make sure they're isn't another thread on the exact same subject. Seeing the same thing over and over again is annoying.

I'm looking at you, earthquake topics.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by KainRich]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. If you have any questions, about anything but if you're unclear on ATS policy, fire away. I WON'T SHOUT AT YOU!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join