It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalyptic Weather ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
I want to know what is actually so apocolyptic about the weather.

weather is cyclical, what seems strange now possibly occured 7 years ago. 70 years ago and then 700 years ago.

I will also point out earthquakes in diverse places is not weather, neither are tsunamis.

water levels have risen and fallen over the life of the planet, that is how we get ancient reef fossils in high ground locations as well as ancient forrests in lower areas under reefs.

North Queensland marine researchers have opened a window into the past by exposing ancient mangrove forests entombed beneath the Great Barrier Reef.

North Queensland marine researchers have opened a window into the past by exposing ancient mangrove forests entombed beneath the Great Barrier Reef. Dr Dan Alongi from the Australian Institute of Marine Science says they have unearthed 9,000-year-old mangroves in old river channels that were swamped when sea levels rose after the last ice age. He says the relic mangroves show an abrupt rise in the sea level, 20 times faster than previously thought. "Material was very much intact, it didn't even have time to fully decompose when it was buried, so it does tell us that when climate change happened at least when it happened in the past it was comparatively quick," he said.

www.s8int.com...

If you don't think the weather is strange then you are lost.
If you don't think billions of dollars go into misdirection when it comes to climate changes then there is nothing I can say that would reach you.
Weather is obviously cyclical. I'm not contesting that.
The Ice Age reference only highlights how dangerous Mother Earth already is to us , the domesticated primates who live upon her.
And on top of how dangerous she already is to all of us we abuse her...

What have we done to the earth?
What have we done to our fair sister?
Doors

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

If you don't think the weather is strange then you are lost.
If you don't think billions of dollars go into misdirection when it comes to climate changes then there is nothing I can say that would reach you.
Weather is obviously cyclical. I'm not contesting that.
The Ice Age reference only highlights how dangerous Mother Earth already is to us , the domesticated primates who live upon her.
And on top of how dangerous she already is to all of us we abuse her...

What have we done to the earth?
What have we done to our fair sister?
Doors

I am not lost, I am smart enough to listen to researches who did research before climate change become political.

I have seen the core asmples of 2,000 year old corals which shows 7 year, 70 year and 700 year cycles.

Mother nature or mother earth is dangerous, just as life on a dog is hard on a flea, eventually upset the dog enough and you get scratched.

we abuse and take from this planet and we have some effect, but ultimately it is the planet who decides, if you do the right thing, she looks after you, abuse it, she won't.
No matter what happens on this planet, I believe I will survive, I am willing to bend with the planet, not to be rigid and try to alter it

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
For those that use Firefox, you can addon Equake and whenever an earthquake happens anywhere on the planet, your browser will shake (seriously) and you can use the lit'l earth icon (which will be red if one happens, blue the rest of the time) to click on and it will show you the location and magnitude - you can choose to click off on it and see a map and other specs of the location or just check it from the earth icon and keep surfing.

I also have mine set to where it only shakes/alerts me whenever a 5.0 or higher hits. If you don't set it, California alone will have your browser shaking constantly.

Here is the link if you want to add it on to your Firefox browser.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
And might I add that my browser has been shaking like jello ALL day with the Chile aftershocks - all are over 5.0.

Skeery.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
For those that use Firefox, you can addon Equake and whenever an earthquake happens anywhere on the planet, your browser will shake (seriously) and you can use the lit'l earth icon (which will be red if one happens, blue the rest of the time) to click on and it will show you the location and magnitude - you can choose to click off on it and see a map and other specs of the location or just check it from the earth icon and keep surfing.

I also have mine set to where it only shakes/alerts me whenever a 5.0 or higher hits. If you don't set it, California alone will have your browser shaking constantly.

Here is the link if you want to add it on to your Firefox browser.

That's great

Thanks

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
And might I add that my browser has been shaking like jello ALL day with the Chile aftershocks - all are over 5.0.

Skeery.

Whoah.
Skeery indeed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join