It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotation Usage Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Quotation Usage Dispute

As part of the completion requirements for the first course I took at my current university, the professor required me to write an essay summarizing material learned throughout the course. This was nothing out of the ordinary for me because I have written hundreds of essays during my elementary and high school years. I completed the draft essay and turned it in to the professor for review. After the professor returned it to me, I noticed that the he included several remarks concerning my quotation usage. He addressed a few issues with the American version of quotation usage. He, himself, was not American. As a matter of fact, he was not even a full-time professor at the University. He was an adjunct looking for a full-time position. Allow me to share some of the remarks he made about American quotation usage (located in the comments section to the far right). I will refer to American usage as ”flawed” and the professor’s usage as “suggested,” and I will use the professor’s logic to indicate why I agree with the professor’s reasoning.

To see the full article, see link:

Quotation Usage Dispute.pdf

[edit on 2/27/2010 by Mr Knowledge]

join