It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My sister has ex an boyfriend who is basically trailer trash and he broke up with her several weeks ago. My sister then replaced this guy with a very nice guy who I really liked, a gentleman who knows how to treat a girl (apparently just friends).

My sister's ex basically beat him up tonight because he was close too her, put him in hostpital....am I only the only one who feels embassed and saddened to part of the same race as him? I am not a fighter, I never see the need to resort to violence and I feel so depressed tonight that people can fight for this reason...I hate humanity, we are the true evil

Am I being silly or does anyone feel the same as me?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hang in there man. My sister and my family were the same way. When you move out you will find humanity in a fresh different disappointing way.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Best wishes and hoping things improve for all involved.

Please be careful not to blame the entire race for the actions of some, however. Even some animals are capable of wanton acts of sheer brutality.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Awwww, be proud that you are the way you are. Not all of humanity sucks.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WeShallBeFree

Violence, unfortunately, is the way the world is and has been shaped

For some, it's part of their lives, either as victims or perpetrators (or both)

Our governments, for example, and those they send heavily-armed into places they claim are 'war zones'

Boxing matches, sport, tv, even violent political rhetoric

Several years ago we returned a faulty item to a store. We had to wait half an hour before someone spoke with us and then they insisted we would have to return the item to the manufacturer and await its decision as to whether it would repair, replace or refund, despite the item was fresh from the box and was clearly faulty. Same clerk suggested 'helpfully' that we could always buy another item while we awaited the manufacturer's decision

I complained about the situation, saying the store had our money and we had nothing. It wasn't fair

The clerk shrugged and eventually another clerk (who'd overheard the discussion) suggested to us that we 'make a noise'. When asked what he meant, he explained that earlier that day, someone else had returned a similar item and five minutes later had walked out the door with a brand-new replacement item. The other person had been 'gigantic', according to the second-clerk and when he'd been advised to return the item to the manufacturer, he'd 'flown off the handle', smashed his gigantic fist into the faulty item and started yelling his dissatisfaction. Result: suddenly helpful store-management and new item --- even offers to carry the item to the noisy customer's car

So you see, violence is often rewarded. It's effective. It gets results

For exaple, if someone ran at you in the street brandishing a weapon and demanded you hand over your valuables, what would you do ?

Someone accustome to violence -- perhaps a long-term victim of violence -- might tell the mugger to get lost or even kick or punch the mugger. They might be shot or stabbed. But if they'd absorbed a lot of physical pain already in life, it could have the result of making them meet violence with violence and they might succeed in overpowering the mugger or persuading him to go find a more easily-intimidated victim

Life is painful and extremely difficult for those with an aversion to violence, but unfortunately it's often violent people who appear to 'succeed'. Attila the Hun, Alexander, Ghengis Khan --- they ruled via the spear rather than soft words. No-one remembers their victims, many of whom were simply living their lives and posing no threat to others

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Wait, this trailer trash puke broke up with your sister, and then got upset because she was with another guy? Good grief!

Best wishes to your sister, and especially to her friend who took the unwarranted beating.

I really am never surprised by what humans can do, but I am still shocked that they do some things. Does that make sense? I dunno.

No doubt the universe will find some way to educate the trailer trash guy eventually. I just hope he can recognize the offer of redemption when it is given, because, well.............the universe can be a mean mo fo.

Karma can be a beeyatch, and it's nice to be on her good side.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

We are animals.

I dont see why it would should depress you, really. And to say humans are the true evil because of this is a bit overstating it, dont you think? Dogs fight, cats fight, deer fight, particularly when mating season is upon them.

It is what it is. I would say you should try not to be so judgmental about what is. That doesnt mean you should not work to make things better, if thats what you feel compelled to do. But getting depressed about it wont help anyone. Especially not you.

Instead of idealizing things, "what I think they should be" learn to look at things "as they actually are as far as my limited senses can perceive them." In general, we are not disappointed with things being what they are, we are disappointed because the fantasy we create about what they should be is destroyed by reality. There are two possible solutions, change all of human nature, so you arent disappointed by it. Which is admirable, but hard to accomplish. Or, stop creating fantasies about what we are.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Very impressive post

and very well articulated !

If it were possible, I'd be delighted to vote it for Post of the Week (or month)

Hope people see it and consider everything you've said

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
There really isn't much that surprised me about humanity.

The only time I'm surprised is when others are surprised by what we are capable of.

We can be the most loving, selfless, sacrificing, generous and righteous beings....we can also be the most evil, barbaric, sicking and sadistic beings.

Opposite sides of the coin, and ALL of us have each side within us.
Its only a matter of which each of us allows to take the lead and when.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeShallBeFree
I hate humanity, we are the true evil

Am I being silly or does anyone feel the same as me?

You realise this guy (soon to be prison inmate), you, your sister, and the chap in the hospital = humanity...all aspects.

As far as this guy...he simply is not evolved. violent rage was a sign of a alpha male during our knuckle dragging cave dwelling stages. As we moved away from physical to focus on mental superiority, some simply never turned away from the violent tendencys.

Some attributes of our more primitive past I think should remain for now, such as protective over women and children in general (yes, you go investigate the bump in the night, not her), but thats also a logical decision...men are physically stronger than women so it makes sense that we go into danger before them.

Anyhow, cheer up. at least now once this guy recovers, the two can go on without looking over their sholder...this guy is looking at potentially up to 25 years behind bars (but it will probably be plead out to 5-10)

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Sounds like your sisters friend needs to embrace his inner monkey, and be prepared for the inevitable next run in with the psycho. He needs to hurt him, badly, and viciously. Oh, your sister will probably end up running back to the psycho, but that's how it works.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Violence is a vicious cycle. If you try and be civilized you'll just keep getting beat down. Until finally one day you decide to stop being a victim and you fight back. At which point you've become just like them and the cycle continues.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I'd like to think there's more people out there who are just the opposite of this guy, but I get what you're saying, it's frustrating. I often feel the same way, there's so much bad s### going on what can you do?

The problem as I see it is the jerks like this get all the attention, it's really no different than the media, why focus on the group cleaning up the city when you can put those tearing it down in the spotlight day after day.

With that being said if your threads title was along the lines of "My sister's boyfriend is awesome" I probably wouldn't have even looked at it. I have no idea how to make the world a better place other than sticking with your morals and sharing them whenever possible.

Don't let that pos bring you down, in the grand scheme of things he means nothing. If it still bothers you a week, a month or a year from now take solace in the fact that this ahole can actually help you get through to people that we can all be better.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

i agree, but makind seems doomed anyways.

thismay seem insensitive, but i think we have it coming. sorry.

top topics

join