It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican budget alternative would create bigger deficit than Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
For those who think everything will be great after we get the chance to vote out the Democrats who are ruining our country, check this out:

House Republicans Call for Bigger Deficits Than Obama

An alternative budget proposal submitted by Congressman Paul Ryan (Wis.), the House Budget Committee's Republican ranking member, would increase the federal budget deficit even more than President Obama's bloated budget — nearly $1 trillion more — according to a February 24 analysis by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

Ryan's “alternative policy scenario” would make no serious spending cuts, but it would institute three new tax cuts. CBO Director Douglas Elmendorf explained to Ryan that “the three changes to the tax policy assumptions are estimated to increase deficits relative to the baseline projections by $9 billion in 2010 and $3.4 trillion over the 2011-2020 period, mostly from lower revenues but also from increased outlays for refundable tax credits.”

Elmendorf continued: “CBO estimates that, under the alternative scenario you specified, the deficit would amount to $1.2 trillion in 2020, about $500 billion more than the shortfall projected under baseline assumptions.” Overall, the Republican budget alternative would increase the federal budget deficit by $9.4 trillion over the next 10 years, while President Obama's fiscal 2011 budget would increase the deficit by $8.5 trillion over the same period of time.

Read more: The New American

Yeah, thats the ticket!

Lets get rid of those tax & spend Democrats and replace them with the BORROW and spend Republicans. That'll fix everything.

[edit on 27/2/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Once again we see that it's not the party but those that secretly control both parties and the media agencies that seek to push for agendas that only benefits the huge mega corporations in bed with government to ensure them huge profits at the expense of the American public.

This is just more proof that both the Democrats and the Republicans are both equally out of touch and represent a continued threat to the freedoms and economic policies of this once great nation.

Unaccountable criminal politicians who act and put themselves above the law must go and the old system of buying someones vote has to stop.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
As Glenn Beck said, one party is tax and spend, the other party is dont tax but still spend.

I feel sort of dirty saying the G.B. word, but sometimes its necessary...I think this is one in about 7 times I agreed with what he said during his entire career.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I feel sort of dirty saying the G.B. word, but sometimes its necessary...I think this is one in about 7 times I agreed with what he said during his entire career.

You mean you keep count?

What were the other 6 times?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The CBO is little more than a bunch of "yes" men (and women).

The possible candidates for Director of the CBO are selected by the incoming U.S. President, vetted,
then appointed by the Speaker of the House (Pelosi) and The President of the Senate (Bob Byrd).

They are appointed for a four year term, with no limit on number of terms.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well, which ever of the two major parties one chooses to support, the result, really, is much the same. Bigger deficits with no solution in sight. But, yeah, the old support the GOP because they are the party of less government and spending and lower taxes is just a ruse. But the Democrats fairy tales of how they will make sure there is plenty for all is just a ruse, too. Besides, what's a trillion here or there? Just a rounding error, eh?
By 2020 a trillion bucks will be just pocket change the way things have escalated recently.

Me? I don't trust anyone who can survive in the political arena to really give a good dang twit about us peons.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well you have not need to be an genius to understand the republicans gave you and many generations this present...see the link

THE PRESENT

new topics

top topics

join