It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake / Tsunami pre-cognition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I just want to get a show of hands if anyone experienced anything strange last night today. Before anyone says anything I just want to say that this is true and I am not trying to ride on the back of current events for goulish points. I really just want to know if anyone else had this.

Starting yesterday Friday, i had a headache that got worse as the day went on, resulting in my taking strong pain killers that had little to now effect. and taking to bed around 8pm. the pain was not unbearable but there constantly, accompanied by panicky feelings

This morning I woke up, and was checking the web, and went on to youtube, and found myself watching videos from the 2004 Tsunami, for no particular reason This is was before I checked the TV / ATS, and found out about the earthquake, and much earlier then when I saw about the resulting tsunami warnings.

I have heard of people getting headaches before major events such as this.

I found this quite odd, but wondered if anyone else experienced anything similar or had the same in the last 24-48 hours.

[edit on 27/202/1010 by JakiusFogg]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I had a dream that the ground I was standing on vanished before the Chile quake, and woke up suddenly!

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Freq Of Nature]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I had a headache all day Friday too. I thought it may have been a cold, but that was one of my only symptoms (except sneezing a lot when I woke up... but I didn't sneeze anymore through out the day)

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm quoite open to the possibilty that this is just a headache. and a coincedence!. but then would that not come under the heading of sincronicity. espeically considering I woke up thinking about Tsunamis!!

Just found it strange! I still have a bit of it know. which is strange in itself.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
I'm quoite open to the possibilty that this is just a headache. and a coincedence!. but then would that not come under the heading of sincronicity. espeically considering I woke up thinking about Tsunamis!!

Just found it strange! I still have a bit of it know. which is strange in itself.

I wasn't going to post anything, but I am having a bit of a headache now to. The only reason I posted something was because you mentioned it. MY headache isn't as bad as the last one though. It just came back maybe 20 minutes ago.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I found this on headaches and earthquakes. Apparently, there's been a study on it. The paper can be found at International Journal of Biometeorology

Headaches prior to earthquakes

Abstract In two surveys of headaches it was noted that their incidence had increased significantly within 48 h prior to earthquakes from an incidence of 17% to 58% in the first survey using correlated samples and from 20.4% to 44% in the second survey using independent samples. It is suggested that an increase in positive air ions from rock compression may trigger head pain via a decrease in brain levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin. The findings are presented as preliminary, with the hope of generating further research efforts in areas more prone to earthquakes.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
I found this on headaches and earthquakes. Apparently, there's been a study on it. The paper can be found at International Journal of Biometeorology

Headaches prior to earthquakes

Abstract In two surveys of headaches it was noted that their incidence had increased significantly within 48 h prior to earthquakes from an incidence of 17% to 58% in the first survey using correlated samples and from 20.4% to 44% in the second survey using independent samples. It is suggested that an increase in positive air ions from rock compression may trigger head pain via a decrease in brain levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin. The findings are presented as preliminary, with the hope of generating further research efforts in areas more prone to earthquakes.

So it is probably greater chance and a greater headache if you are closer, providing that the theory is true.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yes.

I have exceptional hearing in the high range.

Before the China quake, I had 9 months of ever increasing "ringing" which reached an unbearable crescendo just before the China quake. The ringing was head-bashingly strong.

Okay, I chalked that up to coincidence.

Last night I suddenly got the ringing (this is different than the high pressure ringing) and then got online and saw the Okinawa quake. Then, I got a sudden peak of 'near' unbearable ringing after that and went to bed. I told my spouse about it - it was that strong.

I woke up to the Chili quake news ( a mere 10 hours after the Okinawa quake.)

We'll have to go through a number of other quakes before I know for sure. So far, I can chalk it up to bizarre coincidence. The ringing isn't like the regular hearing of every electrical appliance's electricity.

I don't remember any significant ringing for the Haiti quake.

Evenso, it's rather useless because I don't know where the quake will be.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
So funny you should mention that, Last night (friday night) I did have the feeling of pressure and ringing in my ears!!

Now it could be maybe I'm about to have a heart attack, bu this is interesting.

The head ache is still with me, just a little.

but interesting none the less.

If it stays for much longer I think Ill have to go to the doc!! hahaha

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have had eye muscle aches almost feeling like a headache since 8 AM this morning. the last time i have exhibited these symptoms was well,, I can't remember the last time. ..
this is a remember able day.

i never get headaches but today is a first.
truly weird.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I experience the "elevator" feeling when these events take place and I'm in the states. Also I remember saying to myself last night about how loud the ringing in my ear was. I could hear the high frequency's many of them like they were sizzling they were so intense!
Ok now what's a trip on top of all this is my visions and dreams.
See my Sig.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I rarely get headaches, but woke up with a near-migraine Friday a.m.

Weird high-pitched tones sometimes as well. Makes me a bit of a hypochondriac.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I got a weird feeling in my stomach at the time of the quake..felt nauseous suddenly and got that 'elevator' feeling as well. I did not know that a quake had happened until like 45 minutes after the symptoms. I dont know if that means anything.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I wasn't going to post anything either, but I did record my dream in notepad just for myself.
I know I could have changed the date on this text file but please believe me when I say I didn't.

dream 17/2/10

I was walking along a path that had tall buildings one side and the beach on the other.
I looked out to sea and saw a huge wave coming, it looked weird as it had peaks (like looking at a distant mountain range) that were moving and changing, I yelled look at that and pointed, everyone turned and looked. It was very close and we could see it was taller than the buildings and we had nowhere to run to so we all (6-8 ppl?) huddled up close to the wall of the building.
The wave came over us but for some strange reason it was moving very slowly, like standing in a moderately moving river, I could feel the water flowing over most of my body but my head was in a sort of bubble of air.
I kept thinking I should hold my breath but the bubble stayed and gradually the water subsided.
I keep seeing this woman beside me, she was middle aged and was much taller than me, I don't know if that was because I was sitting down or I was seeing through the eyes of a child.
The scene then changed to us standing on the top of a buliding, not as tall as the first one, and another wave passing by that did not reach to the top, just lapped at the edges.
Most notable thing was the slowness of these waves, and that it was very clean water.
no idea where or when.

I've never had prophetic dreams before that I know of, I have been known to get 'hunches' but nothing like this.
It was so clear and real that for the first time I wrote it down.

PQ

top topics

join