It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rosy Cross influence on secret societies.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
upload.wikimedia.org...

“ What think you, loving people, and how seem you affected, seeing that you now understand and know, that we acknowledge ourselves truly and sincerely to profess Christ, condemn the Pope, addict ourselves to the true Philosophy, lead a Christian life, and daily call, entreat and invite many more unto our Fraternity, unto whom the same Light of God likewise appeareth? ”

It has several different meanings according to different groups. Here is each groups interpretation:
Ancient and Mystical Order Rosae Crucis

It has several meanings, depending on the source. Some groups, such as the Ancient and Mystical Order Rosae Crucis, from a non-sectarian or non-religious view, suggest that the rosy cross predates Christianity, where "the cross represents the human body and the rose represents the individual's unfolding consciousness."

The Rosicrucian Fellowship

The Rosicrucian Fellowship and akin groups of rosicrucianists, promulgating an Esoteric Christian viewpoint, hold that the Rosicrucian Brotherhood was founded in the early 14th century, or between the 13th and 14th centuries, as an Invisible College of mystic sages, by an highly evolved entity having the symbolic name of Christian Rosenkreuz in order "to prepare a new phase of the Christian religion to be used during the coming age now at hand, for as the world and man evolve so also must religion change."

Paracelsus

Paracelsus, who was called the "Luther of Medicine", describes these mystics sages as "persons who have been exalted (verzueckt) to God, and who have remained in that state of exaltation, and have not died (...) nobody knew what became of them, and yet they remained on the earth. (...)." Modern groups and researchers of the "Rosicrucian Enlightenment" suggest that there is much evidence that the Rosicrucian Order not only has made herself known in the early 17th century through the Rosicrucian Manifestos, but has been active since the beginning of the Renaissance period, not only as an hermetic Order, but also through forerunners – geniuses of the western world, sometimes also known to be Freemasons – in the literary, cultural, ethical, political, religious and scientific fields.

Karl von Eckartshausen

In the late 18th century, Karl von Eckartshausen, a German Christian mystic, describes the true Adepts of the Rose Cross in the following terms: "These sages, whose number is small, are children of light, and are opposed to darkness. They dislike mystification and secrecy; they are open and frank, have nothing to do with secret societies and with external ceremonies. They possess a spiritual temple, in which God is presiding." Later, in the early 20th century, Max Heindel, a Rosicrucian Initiate, emphasizes that the roots of the Brothers of the Rose Cross, immersed in the western mystery tradition, are almost impossible to be traced as "theirs is a work which aims to encourage the evolution of humanity, they have labored far back into antiquity--under one guise or another" .

Others

It has also been suggested that the rose represents silence while the cross signifies "salvation, to which the Society of the Rose-Cross devoted itself by teaching mankind the love of God and the beauty of brotherhood, with all that they implied." Others saw the Rosy Cross as a symbol of the human process of reproduction elevated to the spiritual: "The fundamental symbols of the Rosicrucians were the rose and the cross; the rose female and the cross male, both universal phallic [...] As generation is the key to material existence, it is natural that the Rosicrucians should adopt as its characteristic symbols those exemplifying the reproductive processes. As regeneration is the key to spiritual existence, they therefore founded their symbolism upon the rose and the cross, which typify the redemption of man through the union of his lower temporal nature with his higher eternal nature."
It is further a symbol of the Philosopher's Stone, the ultimate product of the alchemist.

Further quotes by these groupes...
FREEMASONS

"The Degree of Rose Cross teaches three things;—the unity, immutability and goodness of God; the immortality of the Soul; and the ultimate defeat and extinction of evil and wrong and sorrow, by a Redeemer or Messiah, yet to come, if he has not already appeared."

"But [the cross's] peculiar meaning in this Degree, is that given to it by the Ancient Egyptians. Thoth or Phtha is represented on the oldest monuments carrying in his hand the Crux Ansata, or Ankh, (a Tau cross, with a ring or circle over it). [...] It was the hieroglyphic for life, and with a triangle prefixed meant life-giving. To us therefore it is the symbol of Life—of that life that emanated from the Deity, and of that Eternal Life for which we all hope; through our faith in God's infinite goodness.
"The ROSE, was anciently sacred to Aurora and the Sun. It is a symbol of Dawn, of the resurrection of Light and the renewal of life, and therefore of the dawn of the first day, and more particularly of the resurrection: and the Cross and Rose together are therefore hieroglyphically to be read, the Dawn of Eternal Life which all Nations have hoped for by the advent of a Redeemer."

GOLDEN DAWN

Established in 2004 the temple of "The Rose-Cross" is a Lamen or badge synthesizing a vast concourse of ideas, representing in a single emblem the Great Work itself—the harmonious reconciliation in one symbol of diverse and apparently contradictory concepts, the reconciliation of divinity and manhood. It is a highly important symbol to be worn over the heart during every important operation. It is a glyph, in one sense, of the higher Genius to whose knowledge and conversation the student is eternally aspiring. In the Rituals it is described as the Key of Sigils and Rituals.

en.wikipedia.org...:Rose_Cross_Lamen.svg(This link will not work for some reason. To see the picture go to the link at the bottom of my thread, then scroll down and on the center-right side of the screen and there is picure of a cross.)
Here is the explanation of The Rosy Cross Lamen

This lamen is a complete synthesis of the masculine, positive, or rainbow scale of color attributions, which is also called the Scale of the King. The four arms of the cross belong to the four elements and are colored accordingly. The white portion belongs to the Holy Spirit and the planets.
The twenty-two petals of the rose refer to the twenty-two paths on the Tree of Life and the Twenty-two letters of the Hebrew alphabet. It is the cross in Tiphareth, the receptacle and the center of the forces of the Sephiroth and the paths. The extreme center of the rose is white, the reflected spiritual brightness of Kether, bearing upon it the Red Rose of Five Petals and the Golden Cross of Six Squares; four green rays issue from around the angles of the cross. Upon the white portion of the lamen, below the rose, is placed the hexagram, with the planets.
Around the pentagrams, which are placed one upon each elemental colored arm, are drawn the symbols of the spirit and the four elements. Upon each of the floriated ends (the arms) of the cross are arranged the three alchemical principles of sulfur, salt, and mercury. The white rays issuing from behind the rose at the inner angles between the arms of the cross are the rays of the divine light issuing and coruscating from the reflected light of Kether in its center; and the letters and symbols on them refer to the analysis of the Key Word - I.N.R.I.

This cross seems rather weird and influential. Make what you will of the information, but it astounding.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2/27/10 by Misoir]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
xadgdafdfghasHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
xadgdafdfghasHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Your first post wasn't much, but I'm completely with you on this.

Actually, thanks for posting the quotes and excerpts that you found. However, your post could be improved with some sort of bibliography.

Hopefully it starts some interesting discussion. I'm going to root around for some others' musings on the Rosy Cross. What exactly is it that you find astounding about it? I personally love the whole narrative of the Rosicrucian Movement. It's a very interesting story, to say the least.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
First of all you must understand the birth year of Christian Rosenkreutz.

A hotel in Bloomsbury (Central London) has a conference room with a movable temple: There is big white block of a triangle inside a circle and letters saying SKI HKT HAB.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c1b8aedca88.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a large block with kneeling-stool with symbols and letters from a Masonic temple. The abbreviations are:
273 = HAB = Hiram Abiff = Ch V R M A B I V
640 = HKT = Hiram, King of Tyre = Ch V R M M L K Tz V R
465 = SKI = King Solomon = M L K sh L M H
1378 = 273 + 640 + 465

(1+2+3+4+ … +52 = 1378)

1378 is the birth year of Christian Rosenkreutz.
1378 is the start of the Rosicrucian calendar.
www.sricf-ca.org...

Hiram Abiff (273) is decoded on the next link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Christian Rosenkreutz (C.R.) lives from 1378 till 1484, which is 106 years.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91eb2d921935.jpg[/atsimg]

According Paul Foster Case in: The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order:
The number 106 is also remarkable because it conceals a geometrical
formula of great importance in the mystery-teaching. 106 is twice 53, and
53 is the number of degrees formed by the junction of the lines of 3 units
and 5 units in the Pythagorean triangle of 3 - 4 - 5.

106 = 53 + 53
The corners of the 3-4-5 triangle are 37, 53 and 90 degrees.

varedi (of a rose or rosy) VRDI = 220
novus ordo seclorum = 220
ma-ha-bone = 220
Add 53 to 220 and we arrive again at 273.

Brother C.R. established the Rosicrucian Order in 1407.

C.R. leaves the cloister to go to the Holy Land with Brother P.A.L
Brother P.A.L. dies at Cyprus. (P.A.L. = 111 = Sun).
Cyprus was the birthplace of Aphrodite or Venus.
The venus transits in that period were: 1388 (Nov 26)- 1396 (Nov 23)

Now study the Tomb of Brother C.R. and find the numbers 1480 and 2368.
www.scribd.com...'

And again here: 888 , 1480, 2368 (3, 5, 8) (Page 2 and 3)
www.earthmatrix.com...
The connection to Venus should be clear now.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by hawk123]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
BACHs live was based on the Rosicrucian Calendar.

www.mail-archive.com...
www.arkrat.net...

[edit on 28-2-2010 by hawk123]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Does anyone here believe Christian Rosenkreutz actually existed?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Extant Taxon

Speaking for myself only, I do not believe that there was a person named Christian Rosenkreutz. I think it's fairly clear that the Rosicrucian manifestos of the 17th century - the story of his life, travels, and death - are intended to be read as allegorical hermetic lessons, not as history or literal fact. If I recall correctly, it is even stated at one point, "we speak unto you by parables," or something similar.

Apart from whatever meaning is contained within those documents, I personally find the sequence of events surrounding the publication of the manifestos fascinating. Contemporary references to the Fama, et. al, reveal a flurry of confusion, speculation and curiosity across Europe. It must have been quite exciting to be one of the people who first took a crack at attempting to understand what it was all about.

Whether or not a gentleman by that name ever did actually exist is rather beside the point, in my opinion. The value in the original Rosicrucian documents lies between the lines, as it were.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by articulus

Whether or not a gentleman by that name ever did actually exist is rather beside the point, in my opinion. The value in the original Rosicrucian documents lies between the lines, as it were.

Yes, sure. Allegorical myth and all that. But the question of whether he actually existed or not (I don't believe he did either) is not entirely besides the point. Enough modern participants in the "Great Work" believe he actually did exist. I've read a few texts by various occultists who seem to allude to, or explicitly state, his having being an actual person. Just wanted to see who takes this story literally.

I agree with you that the Rosicrucian mythos is a rich and fascinating one.

Here is a very good text for anyone else interested in the subject:

The Rosicrucian Enlightenment by Frances A. Yates

It was also claimed by Johann Valentin Andreae, who is acknowledged as at least one author of the original writings, that it was all merely a good wheeze. A joke, that is.

The Rosicrucian Vault - A Compendium of the Universal Unity - Presented at CMRC by Charles “Chic” Cicero on 15 Nov 2006:

Publication of the Fama caused a commotion. Traditionalists condemned the shadowy Rosicrucian brotherhood. Skeptics doubted its existence. Hermeticists embraced it. And several people tried to find and join the enigmatic fraternity. Printing presses all over Europe were kept busy publishing books and other documents on the subject. Within a couple of years two other Rosicrucian manifestos appeared: The Confessio and the Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosencreutz. The Confessio offered a few more details concerning the membership of the Rosicrucian Fraternity, while the Chemical Wedding was an alchemical fable filled with symbolism and allegory.

Some of the theories concerning the origin and motives behind the publication of the Rosicrucian Manifestos are worth mentioning. In her book on The Rosicrucian Enlightenment, Frances Yates describes how the Manifestos may have been part of a planned propaganda campaign to promote a Lutheran-Hermetic movement to support the reign of Frederick the 5th, King of Bohemia in opposition to the Catholic House of Habsburg. The manifestos were probably written by a group of college students, who attended the University of Tubingen and were members of a circle of Christian Hermeticists. Among them were Tobias Hess, a student of Paracelsus, and Johann Valentin Andreae, who became a Lutheran minister and later admitted to writing the Chemical Wedding as a joke.

Whatever the origins of Manifesto might have been—whether spiritual, political, or even mythological—their influence on the Western Esoteric Tradition was certainly no joke. As a whole the three Rosicrucian Manifestos described the beginning of a new spiritual age—an age structured around Lutheran idealism, social reform, alchemical teachings, astrological symbolism, Hermetic magic, and Christian mysticism.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
First of all I became worried about Supernova.

en.wikipedia.org... (Year 1054)
Split of Church between Orthodox and Catholic

en.wikipedia.org... (1604 Opening Tomb of brother C.R)
Split of Church between Catholic and Protestants.

Martin Luther’s personal seal appeared on the third Rosicrucian Manifesto, The Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cec3ecf7194d.jpg[/atsimg]

Christian Rosenkreuz was born in 1378 at Wartburg Castle (in Eisenach)
Wartburg castle is also the location for:
- Martin Luther (1483 - 1546)
- Francis Bacon (1561-1626) (New Atlantis)
- J.S. Bach (1685 - 1750)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (five weeks in the year 1777)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe translated the Bible into German.

Hitler was a big fan of the Wartburg, declaring it "the most German of German castles.

Links to other Orders:

Scottish Rite: KNIGHT OF THE ROSE CROIX:
www.phoenixmasonry.org...

AMORC: Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis
www.amorc.org...

Rosicrucian and Martinist:
www.hermetics.org...

Rosicrucians and Asiatic Brethrens (Bach)
www.hermetics.org...

[edit on 2-3-2010 by hawk123]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The Rosicrucian Vault - A Compendium of the Universal Unity - Presented at CMRC by Charles “Chic” Cicero on 15 Nov 2006:

Additional I would add some comment on the Vault:

The word Nekosheth is a formula for the vault of Brother C.R.C.
Nekosheth, (NChShTh) which means "copper," and adds to 758

Planet Venus was also related with Copper and its birthplace Cyprus.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Just wondering, this seemed like the place to ask. When i was young i was taken to a place by my parents. It had a lot of stuff about the Rosicrucian all over it, looked like a museum or someting. Do they have places like this? All i can tell you was that it was in california.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Just wondering, this seemed like the place to ask. When i was young i was taken to a place by my parents. It had a lot of stuff about the Rosicrucian all over it, looked like a museum or someting. Do they have places like this? All i can tell you was that it was in california.

Do you know the city name in California?
Example San Jose:
www.rosicrucian.org...

Slide 9 shows again the Square and Compass of the Freemasons.
And at the end:
- Benjamin Franklin
- Thomas Jefferson
- Leonaro da Vinci
and my favorite:
- Francis Bacon (See my previous posting on Wartburg castle)

[edit on 3-3-2010 by hawk123]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The SUN worship by a Rosicrucian:

The sun may be clouded, yet ever the sun
Will sweep on its course till the cycle is run.
And when into chaos the systems are hurdled,
Again shall the Builder reshape a new world.

Your path may be clouded, uncertain your goal;
Etc
www.litscape.com...

From the poem, THE LAW.
by Rosicrucian poet Ella Wheeler Wilcox

[edit on 5-3-2010 by hawk123]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Page 9: Square and Compass
www.rosicrucian.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4260ee46b60c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
A message from the SPHINX or maybe even BACH has included it in its work.

The Rosicrucian tradition relates that the Giza pyramids were not built to be the tombs of pharaohs, but where actually places of study and mystical initiation.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08d38cb416d0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
BACH has a clear connection to the Rosicrucians. See
Source: Magazine "Rosicrucian" Rosicrucian Fellowship of Portugal

The most important goal seems to be the TOMB, just as the Pharaohs.'
It is the path of Birth Life calculated Death and Resurrection.

Until now no Pharaoh or BACH has been resurrected, although Tutankhamun was recently resurrected.

A scan shows that Malaria and weak bones' may have killed Tutankhamun.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Finally BACH opened for me the Tomb of Brother C.R.C.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db97b1ceb271.jpg[/atsimg]

In the morning following we opened the door, and there appeared to our sight a vault of seven sides and corners, every side five foot broad, and the height of eight foot. Although the sun never shined in this vault, nevertheless it was enlightened with another sun, which had learned this from the sun, and was situated in the upper part in the centre of the ceiling. In the midst, instead of a tombstone, was a round altar covered over with a plate of brass, and thereon this engraven:

A.C.R.C. Hoc universi compendium unius mihi sepulchrum feci
Round about the first circle, or brim, stood, Jesus mihi omnia
In the middle were four figures, inclosed in circles, whose circumscription was,
1. Nequaquam vacuum
2. Legis Jugum
3. Libertas Evangelii
4. Dei gloria intacta

arcaneadvisors.com...

POST CXX ANNOS PATEBO (After 120 years the tomb was opened ==> 1484 + 120 = 1604)

[edit on 7-3-2010 by hawk123]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Dante Gabriel Rosetti was a member of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood whose member shared an interest in Renaissance revivalism.

The Armanenschaft believed that they, along with the Rosicrucians and Freemasons, preserved the wisdom of the ancient Aryans (with included telepathy).

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Dante Gabriel Rosetti was a member of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood whose member shared an interest in Renaissance revivalism.

The Armanenschaft believed that they, along with the Rosicrucians and Freemasons, preserved the wisdom of the ancient Aryans (with included telepathy).

upload.wikimedia.org...

this image has 18 partitions...

6 BEAST
6 GOTT
6 MENSCH

?

re: The KJV bible was commissioned in 1604 and 7 magical years later as you know in 1611 it was given to the sheeple to assist in hunting down heretics and witches...

What a wacko world we reside in...folks are still waving that thing around condemning me to the hell they have in their mind?

namaste

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHiram_Abiff

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

upload.wikimedia.org...

this image has 18 partitions...

6 BEAST
6 GOTT
6 MENSCH

?

re: The KJV bible was commissioned in 1604 and 7 magical years later as you know in 1611 it was given to the sheeple to assist in hunting down heretics and witches...

What a wacko world we reside in...folks are still waving that thing around condemning me to the hell they have in their mind?

namaste

Yes the KJV includes the 666 signature of Shake Spear. (again S.S.)

[edit on 8-3-2010 by hawk123]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join