It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sparks Oklahoma hit with A 4.4 Earthquake?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This latest temblor was only 44 miles from Oklahoma City.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

The quake measured 4.4 on the Richter scale and was about 2.4 miles deep.
Wow, there sure has been a whole lota shaken goin on. (California, take notice).
Some say it has to do with the latest sun spots, other, say that Nibiru is the problem, and some say its HAARP.
What say you?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What say me? This earthquake hysteria is getting completely out of control. dozens of repeart posts all over ATS in the last few hours. Come on people. Just post in one damn thread about the same damn thing. The world isn't going to end tomorrow. Hawaii is fine. The rest of the world is fine. 2012 will come and go.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My firefox earthquake add on is going crazy. Shaking constantly!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I say it is all completely natural and should be expected.

Turn down the paranoia a bit.

We don't know what is going to happen.

Natural disasters will always happen, when and why can only be explored afterward in most cases.

Live wile you can...

Tomorrow and what it may bring is always an unknown.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I say 4.4 is pretty small and insignificant.

I guess it's fun to capitalize on the recent popularity of earthquake threads here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Okay, now I have to say this is enough. How about 7.0 and above you report it? 4.4 is nothing... It barely does anything at all and does not need to be reported on here. Please, just report 7.0 and above, anything in the 5.0 and lower range is not needed to be reported as it has very little affect. Many times a day there are many earthquakes around the world. Why? Because tectonic plates move, if they didn't I'm uncertain if we would be able to survive... Look into tectonic plates, some of you need it... I agree that there have been too many huge quakes lately, but just report those. Okay? Thank you.

The Protector

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
What say me? This earthquake hysteria is getting completely out of control. dozens of repeart[sic] posts all over ATS in the last few hours. Come on people. Just post in one damn thread about the same damn thing. The world isn't going to end tomorrow. Hawaii is fine. The rest of the world is fine. 2012 will come and go.

I supposed its all where you live. Or maybe it's about what you think is happening in our world.
However, by your post, it all has to do with da*n this or d@mn that.
Very thoughtful
Yes very thoughtful indeed

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Im guessing - and I am no seismologist - but tectonics is a series of plates spread over the crust of the earth.

Still with me? ok hit one plate it hits another etc etc - remember pushing dominoes as a kid?

Thats what's happening right now - i think global swarms have happened for eons but we didnt have ATS to make it a big deal. When it starts shaking or flooding in the UK then I will put down my tea and start worrying.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Protector
Okay, now I have to say this is enough. How about 7.0 and above you report it? 4.4 is nothing... It barely does anything at all and does not need to be reported on here. Please, just report 7.0 and above, anything in the 5.0 and lower range is not needed to be reported as it has very little affect. Many times a day there are many earthquakes around the world. Why? Because tectonic plates move, if they didn't I'm uncertain if we would be able to survive... Look into tectonic plates, some of you need it... I agree that there have been too many huge quakes lately, but just report those. Okay? Thank you.

The Protector

I admit, I'm no geologist, but does Oklahoma City have a lot of earthquakes?
You know, going back several years?
I don't think so.

Please review my signature.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The Protector

A 1.5 just hit 10 miles west of San Diego CA.

I think I'll start a new thread on this one to just shag u off mate.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I don't know about Oklahoma City, but Oklahoma has a fair amount each year.

The Oklahoma Geological Survey Observatory in rural Tulsa County, south of Leonard is a comprehensive geophysical observatory which records, identifies, and locates 30 to 167 earthquakes in Oklahoma each year, and also records about five worldwide earthquakes per day.

Oklahoma Geological Survey

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What I find fascinating is that we're all bickering about forces we can neither properly predict nor control.

I happen to agree with both sides on this issue - yes a 4.4 in Kansas coinciding with major activity elsewhere is worth looking at given that 4+ quakes are relatively rare in the region. So thank you for bringing it to our attention.

neic.usgs.gov...

Likewise, on a global scale and considering the destruction in both Haiti and Chile, 4.4 is small potatoes. It's difficult to say where we draw the line.

That said, I think the ATS servers can handle the extra traffic generated by the plethora of new discussions on earthquakes. The web is not 'full,' nor is it even plateauing, so I say 'type away,' and those with a discerning mind will sort things out. It's not up to either side to convert the other. Denying ignorance does not make it disappear, and speculation and discussion are major keys to expanding knowledge.

And I quite honestly don't care if some of you think the world is ending, or that everything is freakin' hunky-dory. The nature of things is entirely subjective and individual opinions matter about as much as a neuron's opinion of the brain.

[edit on 28/2/10 by Evasius]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

I did not know that.
Thank you for contributing factual information to my OP,
and not just breaking some wind, well you know, to break some wind.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I wonder, what if our world is alive and, simply getting ready to shake off all of us fleas.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

As pointed out above the area does have it's fare share of tremors.

Remember the two earthquakes in Melbourne last year?

Now those were rare events.

[edit on 27/2/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
An earthquake of 4.4 half-way between Oklahoma City and Tulsa is an earthquake in the lands of the Native Americans. While it is almost nothing compared to an 8.8, it is still very interesting that it is happening within 24 hours of all of these other earthquakes.

I would be very interested what the Keetoowah Cherokee have to say about the 4.4 earthquake today.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well, a 4.4 might be no big deal to those of you in earth quake prone areas, but for those of us who aren't from, and don't live in an earthquake area, I think it's significant. I grew up in the midwest, and a 4.4 on the richter scale to those of us from the midwest is a big deal.

Thanks for the post, OP.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
you all can say what you want.

but i live in northern california right on top of 2 large faults weve been expecting to go for a very long time.

id like to know anything above a 4 right now as its all based off this big one in chile. theres going to be force reactions in some form that can easily set off bigger timebombs.

if cali starts lighting up even in 3-4 range it could be the prequel to something worse than chile.

there was already a 4 down in LA right after chile.

::edit::

i wonder if my Chickasaw friends in oki felt it

[edit on 27-2-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think we should all grab our pitch forks and storm the gates of the HAARP facility and kill all those evil government scientists that MUST be causing all these earthquakes in known active seismic zones.

Or, just realize that in the scheme of things,we are just foolish pissants living on a dynamic planet.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
they could be useing the CME occurance as a cover for haarp tests

"lets see what this badboy can really do, let her rip"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join