It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

War between China and Taiwan

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
China does have a big army but its technology is nothin compared to Taiwan this only because the U.S is backing Taiwan financially. Tawians army is more sophisticated.


Well more advanced or not i wouldnt want to face an army of 4-6 million men under arms, technically advanced or not.




posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Exactly the Chinese army know how to fight have you seen their parades? they do Kung Fu or some sort of martial art when 1 on 1



posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You got a point and I agree with you but beside US china have more man power to slaughter if it goes to war. Got my point?



posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Quote "Well more advanced or not i wouldnt want to face an army of 4-6 million men under arms, technically advanced or not. "

I feel that numbers (troops) is an advantage of the past. The battlefield of today is different. Smaller numbers of boots on the ground and more missles and hi-tech approaches as well as special forces. If china grouped 4 million troops wouldn';t that just be an easier target for the US military to hit and wipe out many more at a time? I think big troup numbers, especially in concentrated forces would play right into the hands of the US powers and modern warfare. IMHO.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by GriBiT]



posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Lest think for a moment, China entire male force had to sever, is poverty in that country.

They spend most of their time playing war.

China is over populated, and when was the last time they has been on a war? they are ready, with technology or not and I will not be surprise they have some tricks under their sleeves. After all they have been very secretive for years.


US should be very concern about China.



posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Lest think for a moment, China entire male force had to sever, is poverty in that country.

They spend most of their time playing war.

China is over populated, and when was the last time they has been on a war? they are ready, with technology or not and I will not be surprise they have some tricks under their sleeves. After all they have been very secretive for years.


US should be very concern about China.


agree!!! so why some of u always said china is a threat?? cause u need excuse to have buget on military. this is my point of view, what's ur think?



posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Why do we see China as a threat...not the Chinese people, but the officials. Because some chinese officials have proclaimed that a war with the US, mostly because of Taiwan, will be inevitable, and it seems that China has been getting ready for a military intervention in Taiwan.

This is a link to the latest report on this. You will find some other links there about the specific Chinese military exercises and buildup that is of concern.
www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That report on china is very interesting it brings me back to the believe that while we are dealing with afganistan and iraq, and other countries.

China has been watching very Closely they had been analyzing every move US does and they know our capabilities, they have been sending warnings and the administration with his hands full on other parts of the world are disregarding all this.

China will invade Taiwan.



posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz

Originally posted by drunk
China does have a big army but its technology is nothin compared to Taiwan this only because the U.S is backing Taiwan financially. Tawians army is more sophisticated.


Well more advanced or not i wouldnt want to face an army of 4-6 million men under arms, technically advanced or not.


2.2 million and they can just support that many, us forces could easily support more troops than china if such numbers were needed in a large war, numbers are only relevant untill you can no longer support them, also if you draw smaller parts of a larger enemy to defined positions where you outnumber them you can easily decimate any large military, youre underestimating american generals, in large scale war im sure our tactics are much different than say iraq.



posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Chine will never invade Taiwan because the U.S. supports them. They will be very very stupid to challenge the U.S.



posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
That report on china is very interesting it brings me back to the believe that while we are dealing with afganistan and iraq, and other countries.

China has been watching very Closely they had been analyzing every move US does and they know our capabilities


how? our large scale capabilities havent been tested for anyone to really know what we can do, in a big war im sure the US would be less concearned with opinion or innocents and you would see fire bombing, napalm, nuclear bunker busting bombs, etc.



posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I see China as a sleeping country ready to wake up and show the world their capabilities, US is very good at invading coutries but when it comes with urban warfare is not very good.



posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Marg America is the best nation at Urban Warfare arguably.



posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Maybe I am a littler confuse here, but iraq to me looks like a fiasco, I mean we went in there we conquer but after that, the fightings on the ground is not doing good.

To me urban warfare is was going on in iraq after the Invasion right? or is call guerrilla fight.?
please educate me into this my use of worlds may be wrong.



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Exactly the Chinese army know how to fight have you seen their parades? they do Kung Fu or some sort of martial art when 1 on 1


There are many lethal forms of unarmed combat around the world. None of them stop bullets/missiles/shrapnel/bombs etc... Are you supposed to be Satan or something?



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You got a point and I agree with you but beside US china have more man power to slaughter if it goes to war. Got my point?


What good is all that man power if they dont have the Navy to even get to Taiwan? Are they going to swim? Without a good logistics element for your armed forces, your 2million man army becomes a liability.



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I read a book called "Total War: 2006." I wouldn't call it required reading or especially good, but talk between China and Tawain reminded me of this.

Basically:
China decided to commit troops for a large scale assault. The US decided to sit this one out (somewhat). Tawain put up a good defense, but when all looked lost, the US stepped in secretly. Of course, here comes the Sci Fi part, but for most it will be completely plausible to the people on ATS.com. Remember that so called Aurora Project? Well a group of planes enters the earths atmosphere, releasing tungsten steel "darts" at supersonic speeds. When the darts hit their targets (the troop ships), the boats fold like paper and tens-of-thousands of chinese die and there is no trace of evidence that the United States is involved.
The people of China have a popular uprising against the government and blah blah blah, China becomes Democratic.

there is obviously more to it than that, but you would have to read the book.


My Points:
I don't think we will see an attack on Taiwan before the 2008 Olympics. I think that is their host year.

The US would severely cripple their military might without even stepping on Chinese Soil. The initial stike would be so devestating, targeting any areas that might be able to launch attacks on the west coast of the United States.

The chinese have many men, but transporting them is a major problem. If they could transport them across such a large, open ocean, they would be blasted out of the water.

The US has looked into many ways of preventing "Human Wave" tactics. Ever seen the "Metal Storm" guns?


[Edited on 2-6-2004 by WarBUCKs]



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Because some chinese officials have proclaimed that a war with the US, mostly because of Taiwan, will be inevitable, and it seems that China has been getting ready for a military intervention in Taiwan.


China's economy is taking off and business is booming, particularly manufacturing / industrial sectors.

Taiwan or no Taiwan, when China's demand for oil exceeds that of the US, there WILL be war.

I think Taiwan will just be used as an excuse to declare war.



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   


TextChina's economy is taking off and business is booming, particularly manufacturing / industrial sectors.


China's economy is in the road of booming thanks to western investors, and you have a point china is starting to have more need for oil and with such a country as large and populated as theirs the demand is going to be great, but china is poor most of their money goes to the military so one question.

How they are going to pay for oil?

Going to a war with US is definitly going deplete whatever resources they have. Unless massive invation of Taiwan is what they have in mind.

Another point with the way US like to sit and wait first, I believe to be posible for them to do an invation.



posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Marg America is the best nation at Urban Warfare arguably.


Are you serious! you cant be Great Britain is far better than America take Iraq for example how many US soldiers have been killed in Urban warfare?hundreds isn it how many British troops have been K.I.A not as many as US

Great Britain has the experience of Northern Ireland conflict thats why they troops are better trained.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join