It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's raining fish ... no really

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Hello ,

Fascinating thread

As fellow members have said this has happened before , although it is quite interesting to me .

Also i want to say that this news source is the same news source that reported the UFOs hassling the small town up that way not that long ago .

NT UFO thread here

More specifically the news report in that paper about the UFOs is here

Beautiful thread and i just thought i would mention the news source link . Not sure if it is significant or not but its interesting to note .

Star and flag .

Omega

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
There is one current theory that may fit this event. It has been claimed recently that Australia and New Zealand are not in the same place they used to be. Could it occur when a land mass slams down in the ocean somewhere? Im sure that would have to move water and fish to a new location.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hi, first post here. Read the site for some time but this new is so weird i had to post this idea. Its known how they can program people to accept things through movies for example. I remember seeing for the first time "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" ( www.sonypictures.com... ) and thought wtf thats something i had never imagined in my life. Now something similar is happening. They already knew it would happen again and programed our minds to accept it? Or maybe so many people started to believe it can happen that the consciouss universe replied?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by M3T4LH34D
There is one current theory that may fit this event. It has been claimed recently that Australia and New Zealand are not in the same place they used to be. Could it occur when a land mass slams down in the ocean somewhere? Im sure that would have to move water and fish to a new location.

Yes Australia and NZ are moving, but at a rate of a cm or two (or less) a year. Is this what you're reffering to? If it is, I'm fairly certain that it would not cause fish to land kilometres from a lake or pond.

Or is there some other movement that I'm unaware of

cos I haven't noticed it here in NZ. I mean, if a "land mass slams down in the ocean", it would be a rather seismic event, don't you think? (Chile...
)

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

In Honduras, the Lluvia de Peces (Rain of Fishes) is a unique phenomenon that has been occurring for more than a century on a yearly basis in the country of Honduras. It occurs in the Departamento de Yoro, between the months of May and July. Witnesses of this phenomenon state that it begins with is a dark cloud in the sky followed by lightning, thunder, strong winds and heavy rain for 2 to 3 hours. Once the rain has stopped, hundreds of living fish are found on the ground. People take the fish home to cook and eat them. Although some experts have tried to explain the Rain of Fishes as a natural meteorological phenomenon, the fish are not sea water fish, but fresh water fish; they are not dead, but alive; they are not blind, they have eyes; they are not big fish, but small; and the type of fish is not found elsewhere in the area. There is no valid scientific explanation for this phenomenon. Many people believe this phenomenon occurs because of Father José Manuel Subirana, a Spanish catholic missionary and considered by many to be a Saint. He visited Honduras from 1856-1864, and upon encountering so many poor people, prayed for 3 days and 3 nights asking God for a miracle to help the poor people by providing food. The Rain of Fishes has occurred ever since.

Raining Fish

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
its funny how we get from the OP about falling fish...to peoples comments about us living in a matrix or computer system and these are all glitches...wiiilllddd imaginations.

its not so funny wen ya realise these people r actually serious too....get bit more worrying

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

Definitely a weird situation, but nothing new. As stated previously in this thread, the phenomena is most definitely caused by waterspouts (tornadoes over water). It has occurred many times in the past, and will continue to occur. Look it up.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well it was raining roof tiles here last night.

One heck of a windy night.

HoHum...were's me ladder!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Not crazy at all. I can distinctly remember twice during my lifetime where I saw tiny toads app. 1/2 " in size fall in downpours along with slight rain and hail. That was weird. My mother remembers a few times like those too.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nethawk

After reading this thread, I was waiting for someone to mention it.
I figured it would have come up within the first 5 responses.

The first thing to come to my mind, after reading the original post, was a different thought.

I tried the waterspout theory. Not bad at first, but, just did not fit well.

I actually spit my coffee out all over the laptop after reading the Aust / New z. slam theory, because I was laughing so hard.

But my mind kept coming back to this one correlation. Cattle.

Cattle have been known to "fall from the sky".
The only difference?
They are usually not "returned" alive........

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Wow that's really weird I wonder why this happens

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

BUT!!! I really can't see this as a natural event, especially since the scene was somewhat far from a water source. Like Nomad said, it seems kinda like a computer glitch. It seems so weird.

The waterspout theory is likely correct, rein in your imagination., and your 'matrix' fantasys. A tornado funnel can carry things to 70,000 feet, where I imagine wind is quite strong
(ever seen a skydivers helmet cam?) so landing in the desert region isnt so weird afterall.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Evaporation

No its not a sign of the end of times,

Im not SURE how many of you are aware of how storm/rain clouds form,

www.atmos.uiuc.edu...

But its clearly no big secret,
The phenomenon can be explained simply: given strong enough winds, in thunderstorms for example, small whirlwinds and mini-tornadoes may form. When these travel over water any small items of debris in their path, such as fish or frogs, may be picked up and carried for up to several miles

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.scienceline.org...

[edit on 28-2-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My mom and dad would tell me about this same thing happening fish coming down with rain. I thought they were joking but they insist they were serious. They said there was little fish laying out in the middle of farm field and everywhere. I'm from the US so when this happened exactly I don't know but my mom is now in her 70's.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Heh, I feel validated. When I was younger back in the 50's, we woke one morning and went out to milk the cows, and it had rained frogs, literally thousands of them. They were every few feet, far more than you would find in any single water source, and they pretty much covered the farm Not big ones, medium sized and all dead from falling from the sky. So, now fish, why not?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

falling fish...to peoples comments about us living in a matrix

Not sure where the OP intended us to move this thread? When I watched Johnny Mnemonic I wondered how Jones ended up in that fish tank and why they named the female heroine Molly?

But back to debunking. Years ago when driving home from work here in Florida I witnessed pieces of Bismuth pink insulation raining from the sky. A tornado had torn up a mobile home park 10 miles away and the debris was finally falling out.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tungus

We perceive the universe. Our minds can be considered to function like organic computers. So of course the universe is a computer simulation, if you catch my drift. Maybe when we get sick of one universe, the cognitive dissonance glitches us into yet another. Peace.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I live in whats known as Tornado Alley..
That said, back in ohhh I believe 1996..springtime...
There was a tornado that went through the local tourism area of the lakes to my south about 30-35 miles direct line on a map.

The storm was moving north, we had warnings issued, it did get pretty bad but hte tornado, was not on the ground when it crossed here.

It rained all kinds of things, I have pictures!
I was not digital at the time so they are real 35 mm film, I will look for a few to scan.
The first thing it rained was pink..stuff..later found out to be insulation from the mobile home park it destoyed.

Then after looking a lil closer, "trying to figure out the pink stuff" we saw movement, it was small fish..yes small fish...and they were alive.

Not sure if the moisture levels at the altitude they were suspended, allowed them to breath, or if it was the extreme cold, it did rain baseball sized ice chunks too.

But hey I just wanted to chime in and tell my experience, because I know from my experience, how crazy, it can make you sound telling others, that did not see it 1st hand!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I would love to see the day when this happens in a country strickend with starvation & drought, getting both rain/water and food,

if there was a god... of course

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join