It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annihilation, A dream of the End

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
While I do think it's just a dream, it's certainly a whiz bang one. If I were you, I would be picking up a few books on how to submit movie treatments to agents and flesh it out more on a fictional level. It's got summer blockbuster scrawled all over it, with you being played by Bruce Willis!

One of the main reasons I think it has to be a dream is the whole, able to take over anything electrical aspect. I'm not sure that tracks, although all the quantum stuff is interesting. Popular culture has a way of getting through into our subconscious, and being on ATS could quite easily have added every ingredient you needed for your brain to have come up w/ this dream. I would streamline the concepts a bit (keep some of the alternate reality stuff, but to much might turn some folk off) and put a little more relationship angst (it's practically a prerequisite that you and your girlfriend were having trouble before all the action starts). Oh, yeah, and a scene with a dog.

I'm being totally serious here, countless books & movies are based on things first seen in a dream scape, and this is a very interesting twist to the Zombie genre that is hot right now but hasn't yet been done (at least to my knowledge).

Best of luck!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. jack

They are definitely entertaining for sure. Usually I have no problem with writing dreams off, but, this one really stuck with me.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. jack
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Also, I don't really have 'nightmares'. I usually refer to those, which most people would say are nightmares, as the fun dreams.

I agree on that one.

Anyways, you are always in full control of your dreams, the abilities don't require knowledge to use, it is all done by will.

Next time your sleeping, simply wave your hand over an aspect of the dream you would like to change or alter, will it to do what you want.

You see somebody walk up to you don't want in the dream, wave your hand over them as if to knock them down. You will be surprised what you can do.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Zsaqulz78th]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathTribble

Well, I'm hoping that its just a dream, and that its just my subconscious playing tricks and integrating my experiences into a dreamscape. That is definitely the goal. But, like I said, I figured I would post it to this forum, just in case it doesn't just turn out to be a dream. Maybe, in some form, it would help people to prepare. But, that's just wishful thinking.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Zsaqulz78th:
Even lucid I rarely can control every aspect of a dream, nor can I construct anything.
If I ever do have the ability to use telekinesis it requires so much constant concentration to use that without, fails to work. As for flying, I have a tenuous relationship with that, if it does work it's tough to control as well. Orientation, balance, speed, direction and other stuff that one wouldn't even consider. I've had instances where I had such depth of knowledge on how to do something that upon waking I'm thouroughly disappointed that I forget that part right away upon waking.

I thought most "dreamers" could do that. I have had telepathy before... It's hard to do, but when I concentrated on trying to move a file, a moved a file cabinet... I also blew up a building in a dream just by thinking it.

The problem with flying is if you think about orientation, balance, and all of that stuff, you'll make it harder on yourself to fly. Doubting in a dream messes with your sub conscious and makes what you are trying to do not work. If you are confident in your dream you tend to get what you want in the dream, but if you think something scary is going to happen, it usually will. It a whole bunch of mind tricks. Usually dreams do not have twist and turns, and if they do, that probably means it is a very strong dream trying to give you a message.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Zsaqulz78th:
I often know it's a dream, and simply waving my hand and willing something to happen rarely works. Eventually I have to focus in order to make it work. As for controlling the dream and world, that's something I can rarely do as the structure of a world never changes if I try to alter it. More often I can alter time and location, but when it comes to building a tailor made dream, no go.

Phlynx:
I don't think about the many aspects of flying if I can help it, nor am I trying to cmplicate it. It's when I actually do have some flying ability that I find that since full physics apply and I end up hurtling towards the ground from imbalance that I need to focus on those things.
-Edit
As for a desire, I have an insatiable wanderlust and thirst for adventure, but those don't explain the myriad of places and things that have no relation to anything I've come across in life. As for certain 'themes' like end of the world, zombies, etc; those are given to end up in a dream since everyone has come across them at one time or another.

Deathtribble:
I've actually written novels and stories based of my own dreams. Been making a few other projectsbased on those worlds where with many I have no need for embellishing the plot aside from filling small details. So much information from the dream is present I can write for hours if need be, which can lead to a short book worth of material.

That being said, I try to determine whether a certain dream is the construct of my own mind through various means, like going over daily events, recent things I've seen like movies, which isn't much, and stuff I've read. At most I may find as much as a term that was used to describe something, usually by myself, while the rest of the dream remains unrelated to anything else.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Mr. jack]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. jack

I wonder why that is?

I have complete control of every aspect of my dreams.

I wonder what the difference is.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zsaqulz78th

As I kinda stated earlier, even if fully lucid and should be able to control the dream, the dreamscape, or world, retains it's structure and I am unable to change it. All senses work, I can read and write and things persist; like writing a paragraph and coming back to it in what would be a half hour dream-time and see the same thing I left. Also that physics are almost always present, though I can say that I usually have the ability to jump high.

I've heard of people having to train themselves in lucid dreams to be able to do certain things, like physically impact objects, or people, so it's not totally unique.

Even when I know it's a dream where I should be able to change things, rarely I can do it. Perhaps those dreams are my mind's, or imagination's, construct and the others are a little more than merely that.
The one thing I keep thinking about is how I can have a lifetime worth of memories in a dream, and knowledge that one shouldn't even be able to find here, in many of those deeper dreams.

Again, I use them to write afterwards, so I hardly worry about the problems or possible implications...unless they are obviously possible.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Nice dream bro. i just had one 2 nights ago where I had a shotty and was blowin away spiders the size of tires!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Sounds like you've been zoning on too much BSG/Caprica, Resident Evil, and general zombie movies...

Allowing your fear and paranoia at what could be overshadow what will be.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Good one! Made me actually register and reply, after months of reading here on ATS
Around the same time as you, roughly late Feb, I had this weird dream, too.

I had escaped into the basement of an old mansion near the place I live, because the earth was under some kind of attack. Before taking shelter in the basement, I looked at the sun, and saw a ring/halo around it with weird symbols, kind of like the zodiac signs.. Then I suddenly saw a swarm of metal-ish flies/bugs attacking. I headed for the basement, but one of these things hit my arm. When I got to the basement, I had friends there with me, and one of them had some kind of special tools, designed to remove these flies/metal darts. My friend had it removed from my arm (didn't go very deep). We found that is was indeed some weird metal, folded into a dart, but when we unfolded it, we found it impossible to fold it back into the dart-like fly-shape

that was the most lucid part of the dream, and the only part I can remember now, brought to the surface of my memory by the OP's post

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
Sounds like you've been zoning on too much BSG/Caprica, Resident Evil, and general zombie movies...

Allowing your fear and paranoia at what could be overshadow what will be.

I haven't watched a movie like that for years. But, thanks anyway.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Waterdog

I'm glad others are coming forward to share their dreams as well. Thank you for your input.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKIN-E
Nice dream bro. i just had one 2 nights ago where I had a shotty and was blowin away spiders the size of tires!

Interesting. Were they mechanical or real?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Date

May 15, 2010

This is just for me...

It appears that they have created the spiders.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

I got a similar dream with yours: I have a strange dream about armies of people that have their pineal glands plugged from behind their heads with strange floss-like things, becoming zombie-like killing machines(some of them are pilots mini mechas). I once led an army to fights them, but we ends up outnumbered and everyone else except me ends up join their ranks (the strange song plays in the background)

what do you think about this dream?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join