It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So many large Chile/Argentina earthquakes may indicate major thrust event

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Not to break away from your thread but I posted the top 20 earthquakes listed by USGS earliar, most are in the ring of fire.

Have a look here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A little off top topic, but I've seen mention of land masses rising/sinking in this thread so...

I recall reading a theory some decades ago, which stated: that when a land mass subsides, an equal landmass must rise elsewhere, and the reverse. So, is that still a valid theory?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I was at the video rental store yesterday, and commented to my wife and son that when the store obtained the 2012 movie, we could sit and watch the end of the word on our TV at home, I was making a joke about it see. But if the Op is correct, we can all watch it in real time. This is a good time to be alive. The greatest show on Earth is coming, and we all have front row seats!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I was at the video rental store yesterday, and commented to my wife and son that when the store obtained the 2012 movie, we could sit and watch the end of the word on our TV at home, I was making a joke about it see. But if the Op is correct, we can all watch it in real time. This is a good time to be alive. The greatest show on Earth is coming, and we all have front row seats!

And the actors are all of those people getting killed by collapsing buildings and left without homes. No thanks this is one show I don't want to see.

I assure you being hit by a disaster like these is not fun, and far from "good times".

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Here's what I think now might be happening:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43c428065c26.png[/atsimg]

It may be the Nazca Plate on the move, seeing as there are now several key quakes on the map to possibly indicate that pressure, while decreased from the recent 8.8 and after shocks at that point on the coast, may be increasing on the other points of contact between the Nazca and South American Plates.

And these may cause even more future quakes at those junctures. We just had one up in northern Columbia which you can see as a blue square on the map. It's almost as if the quakes are forming an outline of the plate contacts, further inland!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

That's interesting, should the plate move that would bring whole sale destruction to most of South America.. and indeed around the globe.. a scary prospect indeed.

I am sure similar things have happened in the past, tho it does seem strange things like this are happening now, the world is truly a multi layed mess.

Perhaps they are skimming money off the the bailout funds to protect themselves for this purpose, this could explain the greedy pig virus that is sweeping the whole world right now..

Any who
I live by the sea, so I guess if this happens I'll get a ring side seat..

Thanks for all the effort
really interesting.. Even if it only turns out to be a thinking things through exercise

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A large aftershock just hit Chile, looks like a 6.3:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Man, that's strong enough to level what ever is left of already crumbling buildings.

300+ microns/sec in GEE from 575 kilometers away, and showing up as far as Ecuador stations...

[edit on Wed Mar 3rd 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The last ten aftershocks or so have all seemed to concentrate themselves in a line directly over the epicenter of the initial 8.8:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

This may be indicative of further thrusting or subduction, as opposed to the other aftershocks which were spread out around the area. It also can mean that at anytime, another very big quake could occur, along with another tsunami if enough water is displaced.

The 5.9 today is testament to this. They are not all going to necessarily decrease in magnitude or frequency if the plate is still moving.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Recently I posted this photo showing how the quakes in South America are occurring, pretty much outlining the juncture of the Nazca and South America plates, and suggesting that other quakes may occur along other points on the juncture:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43c428065c26.png[/atsimg]

Well in the last couple of days, we have had two new significant quakes which have occurred in new areas of this juncture to support this suggestion, which I have pointed out with arrows:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc639e71f08a.png[/atsimg]

So if this continues like this, we can expect other quakes along these juncture points, and it may be prudent for areas along those points to prepare.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
and now another quake has hit in a new area, right along the coast, north of the main swarm:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
And now another quake has occurred in a new area, and this time on the western edge of the Nazca plate:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

The warnings were there, if this thing decides to make a major move.

For a better hemisphere view see this:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on Sat Mar 6th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
He also speaks of the Old Mountain and events surrounding the Old Mountain shocking the world. There is Stara Planina in Bulgaria, but I think the Old Mountain is the mountainous area upon which Macchu Picchu is built. Although my Brazilian Portuguese is limited, I think he said that the Old Mountain would collapse. -- but even if I got that sense wrong, definitely Pedro said that events happening to the Old Mountain would shock the world who would not be prepared for it.

I have been reading this about ''the old mountain'' and i am wondering if they mean the oldest mountain of the world? Because the oldest mountain of the world is in Europe as far as i know. Germany has a volcanic area and this is part of the oldest mountains worldwide.
That volcano is an active supervolcano, so i was wondering if this might have anything to do with it. I mean... a mountain collapsing sounds like a erupting volcano to me. Also there have been some small earthquakes in that area, not so long ago.

Maybe i am wrong, but still this is very interesting so i am going to stay reading here.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Another quake right on the edge of the Nazca plate, this time a 6.3, and in a new location:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

i wonder how many more quakes on the edges of the Nazca plate it's going to take before someone finally gets this- that we may in for an extremely serious incident here with a major plate movement.

[edit on Sun Mar 7th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
And the quakes along the Nazca/SA plate edges continue, now in new areas:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c44fc0d29172.png[/atsimg]

Arrows show where, and also keep in mind that quakes are disappearing from these maps as time goes on. That's why it is important to keep a record, which is slowly developing here.

Again, the premise is that the Nazca plate may be up to something bigger. But at the very least, more quakes can be expected along the plate boundaries. So far that prediction appears to be coming true, and should be a warning for all coastal area countries along these plate junctures to prepare.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This "act of God" could be more accurately termed "judgement of God".

In the Ten Commandments it says thou shalt not steal, but the Argies just won't obey. So, is it any surprise that every time they make a grab for the Falklands, its come down to God getting the big stick out and having to beat the little bastards off?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2
In the Ten Commandments it says thou shalt not steal, but the Argies just won't obey. So, is it any surprise that every time they make a grab for the Falklands, its come down to God getting the big stick out and having to beat the little bastards off?

With earthquakes in Chile?

What in the world does this have to do with Argentina and the Falklands? :shk:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2
This "act of God" could be more accurately termed "judgement of God".

yeah right...a mythical being is doing this...and the chilean people have done what to upset your mythical being??

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join