It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head Of the IMF proposes New Reserve Currency!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I know to most ATSers this is not really new news to them but it does show how much closer we are getting to the New World Order.

IMF head wants New Reserve currency

"The challenge ahead is to find ways to limit the tension arising from the high demand for precautionary reserves on the one hand and the narrow supply of reserves on the other," he said.
Several countries, including China and Russia, have called for an alternative to the dollar as a reserve currency and have suggested using the IMF's internal accounting unit.

-So it would seem that China and Russia are on the same terms for what they want the future of the world to be. They will be the world powers and America will become a second class nation with little or no say in world matters. I truly believe that the world will look back and history and cringe at America and its foreign polices (even tho it is not the america peoples fault when in fact it is the think tanks behind the New World Order

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I thought this to be very interesting, and just had to do a bit of research not being familiar with the "international monetary fund"

Here's my favorite bits...its based out of Washington DC...so, the U.S.A. would still be printing the new moneys I betcha

186 contributing countries...that does include China and Russia

One of my favorite parts is their SAP program...which appears to mean if you are a poor country you have to pledge whatever assets you can muster to corporations to guarantee your status.
I did use Wiki as my original source, and the last claim is subject to interpretation of non-cited materials.
en.wikipedia.org...

So, I took another minute and now for the facts from the source...

www.imf.org...

"Recent financial crises and the growing income gap between rich and poor countries have fueled intense criticism of today's global economic and financial system from numerous nongovernmental organizations"
and continues
"the criticism is mainly directed at so-called structural adjustment programs (SAPs), which are widely considered to have contributed to poverty. Through privatization schemes, SAPs are also considered to deprive poor countries of their natural resources and wealth to the benefit of multinational enterprises. Also, SAPs are viewed as detrimental to smaller enterprises because of the higher interest rates that can result from credit market reforms. And finally, the SAPs are considered to lead to a self-defeating push to export more commodities thereby putting downward pressure on export prices."
I read on in this article on the IMF website...these things that are "considered" are not, as far as I saw refuted. But I have a short attention span.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thank you S&F, I was unaware that the IMF used a seperate "accounting unit" internally. I have heard about China and Russia sabare-rattling, but this psuedo admission of consideration is truely dire for the dollar and the U.S economy and global trade. Eventually things will shake out and the IAU will become standard but the transition will be difficult, if it happens

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
With the euro and dollar both in dire straits nowadays, compound this with the new repackaging of Copenhaven, which is going to be renamed the "Green Global Gov't" of 2012! Both of these currencies are being crashed purposefully as to instill a new gov't, currency, world constitution, and a new set of laws so strict, Joe Stalin would cringe in fright!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Special Drawing Rights are nothing new. The IMF has used a basket of currencies as its unit of business since its foundation. I believe they began with the Dollar, Pound, Franc, Deutsche Mark, and Yen. Banks doing business with each other, as usual.

What is interesting here is how there is the move toward making these more public. The Dollar is in trouble, the Euro is flailing, and anyone providing an answer will look positively heroic.

Anyway, if you're curious about these things, I recommend taking a look at the work of Joan Veon. She has a few interesting presentations and talks heavily about SDRs.

new topics

top topics

join