It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

found this while reading over haarps offical page.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Is HAARP capable of affecting the weather?
The HAARP facility will not affect the weather. Transmitted energy in the frequency ranges that will be used by HAARP is not absorbed in either the troposphere or the stratosphere - the two levels of the atmosphere that produce the earth's weather. Electromagnetic interactions only occur in the near-vacuum of the rarefied region above about 70 km known as the ionosphere.

The ionosphere is created and continuously replenished as the sun's radiation interacts with the highest levels of the Earth's atmosphere. The downward coupling from the ionosphere to the stratosphere/troposphere is extremely weak, and no association between natural ionospheric variability and surface weather and climate has been found, even at the extraordinarily high levels of ionospheric turbulence that the sun can produce during a geomagnetic storm. If the ionospheric storms caused by the sun itself don't affect the surface weather, there is no chance that HAARP can do so either.

if they couldnt manipulate the weather why the hell would they even mention that.

:/

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Can't or Won't.....for now?

If Haarp is used for anything malicious, it would affect all of earth. The cosmonauts up at the international space station would take some really interesting pictures though...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cronotrigger30

if they couldnt manipulate the weather why the hell would they even mention that.

Probably because that is the FAQ page: Frequently Asked Questions.
They probably get tons of inquiries from people asking that

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Probably because that is the FAQ page: Frequently Asked Questions.
They probably get tons of inquiries from people asking that

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

They say that because there are a bunch of "enthusiasts" out there with little to no understanding of the ionosphere (or EM radiation), and claim that HAARP can manipulate the weather. As the section is called "Frequently asked questions", and that is a frequently asked question, the reason why they have that on their site is self-explanatory. They are trying to quell the conspiracy theorists who claim, without any evidence, that HAARP is anything other than it claims to be.

It's more of a reflection on the pathetic state of baseless conspiracy theories than HAARP itself. HAARP is completely transparent in its operation - it simply has to be, as it is a broadcasting site, and as such can interfere with other broadcast transmissions from other equipment. There is no way HAARP can be engaging in anything strange as claimed without thousands of amateur radio operators and scientists noticing. It's one of the more absurd conspiracies out there, as it would be incredibly easy to prove, if the believers could be bothered, or even knew what they were looking for. Which they don't.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Hi Crono,
Maybe it would be more to the point to look up more info on HAARP, before any possible dangers are dismissed out of hand. I say possible dangers since we don't know absolute, the actual power output of HAARP is, or will be. This is a quote from the link below,

"The HAARP project is designed so that the power can be increased without the replacement of any of the projects physical parts. The proof-of-concept phase of the project could easily turn into a full weapons system or power transmission system phase."

In 1995, Raytheon Corporation was reported to have bought and acquired E-Systems for $2.3 Billion (Wall Street Journal, 1995). If this is true, then it may be that HAARP could end up as a military operation using much more power than the original concept.

www.padrak.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
James McCanney is a big proponent of upper atmosphere weather manipulation:

McCanny has copyrighted all information on his website so that no reproduction is allowed at all for any purpose other than this:

*** please read the information posted on www.jmccanneyscience.com ***

[edit on 27-2-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i understand i just find it funny that this was funded when the whole new world order announcement happened.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

That link is absolute nonsense. It is physically impossible to do what it says. You have to replace physical components of an antennae array if you are to increase the power.

The military interest in the site is due to it researching communications, surveillance, and communications jamming.

It is not, and never has been, and no-one is trying to make it, an actual weapon. That is why HAARP has to have that message on its page, because people keep slandering it in such a way.

reply to post by drew hempel

All without evidence. As usual.

It's just a research station. Its capabilities are well-known to the scientific world (but not to the amateur "enthusiasts" who claim it can change the weather). Its broadcasting schedule is public. You can even tour the site. It's not even being run by the US government any more.

But this is pointless - those who believe HAARP to be something scary will always think so, as they're doing so through wilful ignorance.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Hi Dave,
You may have noted that I used the word "possible" when I went to the bother of posting a link on HAARP. Now, is it "possible" that you can give us who are so beneath you we can't even see your feet, a total breakdown as to how that link is total nonsense, or would you rather change your mind. No links allowed for you though, 'cos I know you have it all there, up in your ass.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cronotrigger30
Transmitted energy in the frequency ranges that will be used by HAARP is not absorbed in either the troposphere or the stratosphere - the two levels of the atmosphere that produce the earth's weather. Electromagnetic interactions only occur in the near-vacuum of the rarefied region above about 70 km known as the ionosphere.

So what happens when the waves hit the ionosphere? Do they reflect? And come back down to a targetted location, where they are then absorbed?

All it would take for the waves to absorb into the troposphere or stratosphere is a change in frequency. Is HAARP capable of doing this?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Who says this technology can be used for weather modification?.........Bernard Eastlund in his patent.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
if and how this energy can be focused, i dont know.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Hey smurfy
William Sebation Cohen back in 1997 I think, said---" Others are engaging even in an
eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off
earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic
waves."
Don't let trolls tell you different. This guy was Secretary of Defence for AMERICA

COHEN ADDRESS 4/28 AT CONFERENCE ON TERRORISM Terrorism, ...
Apr 28, 1997 ... Terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and U.S. Strategy .... off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves. ...

www.fas.org/news/usa/1997/04/bmd970429d.htm - Similar

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Hi Donny,
I know the trolls are there/here, but sometimes they do get up your nose when they try to wreck a decent thread, even though you know they are not fooling anyone.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
From what I understand the ionosphere is pushed upwards then released. Sort of like pulling a rubber band then letting it go. What that does over top of a fault line is beyond me. Maybe a pressure wave is produced or something else. I remember the big quake over China that killed all those people. There was a rainbow in the sky which could indicate moisture being pulled up in the air then crystallizing before the event.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by ViperFoxBat]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Transmitted energy in the frequency ranges that will be used by HAARP is not absorbed in either the troposphere or the stratosphere - the two levels of the atmosphere that produce the earth's weather. Electromagnetic interactions only occur in the near-vacuum of the rarefied region above about 70 km known as the ionosphere.

So what happens when the waves hit the ionosphere? Do they reflect? And come back down to a targetted location, where they are then absorbed?

All it would take for the waves to absorb into the troposphere or stratosphere is a change in frequency. Is HAARP capable of doing this?

Variables is the key to HAARP.
RADIO frequencies are the key to those variables with dabbles in microwave. Micro wave is just the higher side of Radio in frequency.
The ionosphere is variable. Temperature alone can change the molecules within it.
Make it more or less dense.
The lower the frequency the more refraction
The lower the temperature the more refraction.
The higher the frequency the less refraction
The higher the temperature the less refraction.
Refraction in radio=reflection in light.
It is called bouncing the wave.
In other words if you transmit a constant frequency and the ionosphere is constant you will get a constant bounce.
If the ionosphere is heating or cooling the bounce will vary--colder more hotter less bounce.
If the ionosphere is constant and the frequency is varied --- the lower will bounce and the higher will pass right through , out into space if the frequency is high enough. Ultra High Frequency passes through whatever temperature of the ionosphere. Unless it were super cooled
I have no idea how this could be done.
HAARP has sent a High frequency signal and bounced it off the moon,
And it was received in Arizona. Not directional my as#
A half million mile round trip.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
i just feel theres more to haarp then we are being told.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

i just feel theres more to haarp then we are being told.

I would bet the farm on it.
See if you can get in and watch it work. They wouldn't even let the x-governor Jessie Ventura in.

Have a look at this site
Alexander Cornswalled: At least Three Dead in HAARP Attack

Dec 3, 2009 ... The Alaska based HAARP weather control installation has been attacked ... was denied access to the facility despite his security clearance. ...

www.cornswalled.com/2009/12/at-least-three-dead-in-ha...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
u mind reposting the link thanks

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join