It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The link between CMEs and earthquakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hi, all,

I just wanted to point something out.

Earlier this week, the top thread on ATS was about the large filament on the sun that appeared, then crashed, sending out a large CME (coronal mass ejection) towards the earth. Many people have linked CMEs with strange happenings on earth, such as earthquakes and major storms.

Some of us on the sun thread basically said well, if there is a link between CMEs and earth events we should see something big happening here on earth within the next week.

And what happens? Within a week, we get a 7.0 in Japan, and an 8.8 in Chile. And "earthquake lights" were reported in the sky above Chile right before/during the earthquake.

So, I know that many people refuse to acknowledge a link between the sun and earthquakes, but I myself are beginning to think that this is undeniable evidence.

Also, a giant iceberg also came off Antarctica about the same time as the earthquakes, if I'm not mistaken. So maybe there was also a huge earthquake in Antarctica. Do we have sensors in Antarctica that would pick up an earthquake?

You put this information together with the prophecies from the Mayans, the bible, the Freemasons, and the web bot....and I think we might just have something happening here.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I was rather surprised about the reports of the sky changing colors during the earthquake. This could very well be related to CME's as CME's do cause alot of aurora lights.

Whether these quakes are related to CME's or not, I can't recall in my time on this planet, this many powerful earthquakes over such a short amount of time. And this includes in the past 2 or 3 years. And that also includes the quake near Chicago (about an hour and a half from me) that happened a couple weeks ago where there is no known fault line and where there has never been an earthquake.

I'm skeptical about the 2012 prophecies, but the only thing that does come to mind is 2012. If that is the case, it will only continue to get worse on this planet over the next several months and year.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by _BoneZ_]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The sky only changes colors when the HAARP is used because it disturbes the upper atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I remember somebody posting pictures of the sun spots before Haiti and it was an eerily similar shape their country. Anybody have some pictures of the sun compared to Tahiti? I'm intrigued to see if there is a similarity in shape...

Ever since the crop circle jelly fish that people were relating to the sun and our earth's magnetic sphere, natural disasters and the sun in general keep coming to my mind. It seams like every time we hear about sun spots something is bound to happen here on earth shortly after.

[edit on 2/27/2010 by White2098]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by White2098

I remember somebody posting pictures of the sun spots before Haiti and it was an eerily similar shape their country.

I was thinking of the thread you mentioned when reading this one. I posted on it and happen to know which one you are referring to. It was by Evasius.

Sunspot 1040 and the Hatian earthquake

[edit on 27-2-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ah perfect! Thank you good sir

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This here is some pretty good evidence linking galactic radiation to seismic activity. www.etheric.com...

In the 80s, Dr. LaViolette predicted that radiation should be able to cause seismic activity. The tsunami in 2004 was likely caused by gamma rays. Read into his galactic superwave theory, because its a theory that is grounded with the mathematics of the revolutionary subquantum kinetics.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I guess we can get a bit support from Sun-earth environment study to understand earthquake prediction at the American Geophysical Union, Spring Meeting 2007.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I agree with the OP. Scientists seem to be unwilling to accept theories that are "out there." However, I checked www.spaceweather.com and found from the archives that not only was earth passing through a CME at the time of the Chile earthquake, but also at the time of the Haiti earthquake, AND MOST SURPRISINGLY, during the December 24, 2004 tsunami in Indonesia.

Once I get up to 20 posts I hope to start a thread where I will predict the next quake.

top topics

join