It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin: Health summit would have been better with beer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

Palin tells tea partiers to 'take over' Republican Party

Bipartisan health care reform negotiations would be more productive if lawmakers just had a buzz, according to Sarah Palin. The former Alaska Governor told Fox News' Sean Hannity that the White House "beer summit" accomplished more than Thursday's health care reform summit.

"I think Michele Bachmann summed it up very well earlier today. She suggested that maybe the beer summit was more productive and fruitful than what we saw today out of the health care summit," explained Palin.

"Maybe these guys should have popped some tops off some [Miller Genuine Draft beers] and gotten really down to business and gotten the work done," Palin recommended.

The former governor believes that the health care summit was a "victory" overall for Republicans because Americans got to hear their ideas.

I agree with exgov Palin on this one. But come on.....Miller Genuine Draft?
Trailer park brew if there ever was one. Why am I not suprised.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a victory...yes, because she seen it as a contest verses a discussion on how to come together.

What a twit, she really has no clue, does she.

I fear a woman whom looks at critical issues in the country as a game to win or lose for a side.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Trailer park brew if there ever was one. Why am I not suprised.

lmao
Palin is an idiot.

She says whatever gets her the most attention at any given time.

Tomorrow she'll be near his Christian friends again who think alcohol is the devil and she'll say drinking beer is for the sodomites.

She's an idiot.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ah, yes I would've love to have heard that slogan when she was running for vice president with McCain.

I'm sure every American would've voted for them were alcohol there to suade them

Ha, yes, deciding on important health reform issues with a keg to your right is the way to go....-sarcams-

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Palins a BOOZER!!! LOL

Do you really want a drunk soccer mom for president?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Non beer drinker here. If they were to have a nice cognac, cigars and my favorite staple Captain and Cokes things could of gotten done.

As for those on this thread attacking again, WOW, put down the partisan talking points for ONCE!

If ANYONE thinks the president did not have an agenda to try and deflect the Republican points, what were you watching? Certainly not the same debate I did.

President Obama agreed more often with the Repub points then most of the points brought up by his own party. He was having a hell of a time hiding his anger though for HAVING to concede the points.

Yes, the Repubs went their to try and sabotage the Dems plans, what did you expect? They do not want another huge bureaucracy that CANNOT be paid for.

I still think we should have a HDTV bureaucracy with maybe a new FOOD for ALL bureaucracy.

I mean REALLY, how can we survive without TV and FOOD. C'mon, let us join together and make those RIGHTS. Let us sing commbyyah now.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
A few Dos Equis may have helped the situation, it's true (I can't believe I'm agreeing with Sarah Palin)
But she thinks it was good because America got to hear the GOPs ideas?

The "ideas" are nothing but talking points, seen about one minute into this video. It amounts to this:

Start over
Clean sheet of paper
Scrap this bill
Step by step

None of which has to do with Health Care.

Hardball

The Democrat talking points are included as well.

[edit on 2/27/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
On one hand she says that a beer summit was more productive, then on the other she says the health summit was a success?

C'mon, which one is it?

And to think there are still people out there who side with her?

It amazes me to this day that palin and her supporters are able to walk upright without their knuckles dragging the ground.

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
SP is not relevant and quoting Michelle Bachman as the voice of logic and reason is always a bad idea.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

In her version of reality there is no contest because she has GOD on her side.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have the solution...

a game of beer pong, dems vs republicans, refereed by independents.

winner passes their health care plan

and I am of course, kidding.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadwolf
reply to post by SaturnFX

In her version of reality there is no contest because she has GOD on her side.

Yes she does and her god is a vengeful God that protects her from voodoo and witchcraft!!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27-2-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

"Maybe these guys should have popped some tops off some [Miller Genuine Draft beers] and gotten really down to business and gotten the work done," Palin recommended.

That's the first sensible thing I've ever heard the woman say.

Someone send those guys some Tequila and Scotch.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If Sarah Palin was a telivision programe everyone would not believe it as it all would be way too farfetched. She really is something else but I am not sure what.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm pissed!! (political trolls and hacks)

I'm infuriated at the tone of politics on ATS... and fed-up with the trolls, hacks, and idiots who favor insults over issues.

Just as I thought....Sarah Palin is fair game, but don't you dare mess with Obama.

Just calling it like I see it.

Carry on!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm pissed!! (political trolls and hacks)

I'm infuriated at the tone of politics on ATS... and fed-up with the trolls, hacks, and idiots who favor insults over issues.

Just as I thought....Sarah Palin is fair game, but don't you dare mess with Obama.

Just calling it like I see it.

Carry on!

Read the thread. If you will notice, a lot of us are agreeing with exgov Palin on this. We're not calling her the Antichrist for Christ sake.

And just for your benefit mr Car...."Obama sucks too!!!"

new topics

top topics

join