It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist in Chile Earthquake: When the earthquake happened "the sky was changing colors..."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

True. That's one of the things that baffle's the theory of the rock-friction-charge-LIGHTS!, theory.
There's no way for the charge to jump up from beneth the ground to create some sort of 'lightening in reverse.'

And sun spot/spike's are to boring for the main sourced media to chat about. Sunspot's barely even get a mention in the newspapers.
And also, there isnt a thing on T.v. About the Earthquake in the Okinawa region. Weird..? Thats all there is, is a small report on 'teletext.'
All the focus is on Chile.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree phage, Maybe with all the hysteria people could have been just shaken up and believed to have seen what they saw.

I'm pretty sure somethings going to erupt soon though

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Spaceweather.com reports the following:

"A solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole could reach Earth on or about March 2nd."

link:

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Found Chilean journalist Cecilia Lagos being interviewed on MSNBC regarding her experience during the earthquake:

link:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

the last 2 nights i havent slept at all which is unusual for me

Me too! However, last night I took enough Ambien to take down a small elephant...I wake up and the world's falling apart at the seams...must be a bad dream...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Me too! However, last night I took enough Ambien to take down a small elephant...I wake up and the world's falling apart at the seams...must be a bad dream...

i'm just a bit spooked that i had this 'dream' thing last week and described here on ats what i saw. its when i saw the youtube vid of the red sky between the clouds my mouth fell open. its just as in my 'dream', and just as i described. weird or what??

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Watch the Ambien thing, My wifes cousin died from sleep walking on Ambien. An 8 story fall. also I never sleep well during full moons.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

WAIT!!! I actually did some research last night and I AGREE WITH YOU!

There IS NO SUN ACTIVITY. All is quiet.

So, Phage, are you saying its NOT THE SUN causing this???

If you say this, then, is it possible it was some other force
at work here?

Now please be truthful. I respect your posts and i know youknow quite a bit about these things!

I appreciate whatever light you can shed on this!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

google is a $$@ right? jhahhaha

deny disinformation

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Some other force, yes.
Tectonic activity, the same thing that causes all earthquakes which occur on plate boundaries.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I was living in North Hollywood, CA during the 1992 Landers Earthquake which was a magnitude 7.3 earthquake. This occurred at approx: 5AM so it was still dark outside. I stood in a doorway right next to a window, and during the quake witnessed green flashes of light in the sky. It resembled lightning, when it happens above an overcast sky. Not streaks of light, but just the entire sky flashing a green color. This was not electrical transformers blowing out, or dust in the sky, or my imagination. I guess this is a rare and possibly unexplained phenomenon. I see very little or no reporting on this type of thing. I was surprised to hear the Chilean reporter mention on CNN that she saw the sky change colors during the quake in Chile. This reminded me of my experience years ago.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Earthquake lights are both common and normal. It's simply the energy released from rocks crushing against one another.

IRM

Well, sad to say, this earthquake is RIGHT ON CUE.

What pisses me off is that nobody in the MSM is picking up on what we here on ATS have been theorizing. All over CNN, they talk about the earthquake, but there is NOTHING about the large sun filament that crashed a few days ago. Why? Are they under orders to not report things like that?

Makes me sick that politics gets so in the way of real reporting.

They wont becouse then it would give many other things said here credance. So they must worship at the alter of "offical source".

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I agree with you. People can gogle the phenomenon.

here is a reference:

en.wikipedia.org...

Rgds
T

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you Phage. We all wished you were around all night to walk us through this.

This is incredible, but i have to say its also a learning experience!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I wonder if the lights could also be caused by the same factors which cause earthquake sounds?

I never knew earthquakes could cause thunder like sounds until the small quake in the Chicago area.

Someone posted a link with a scientific explanation of the sound. It was a little difficult to follow but it didn't seem to me there was clear reason for the sound.

Does someone have a clear explanation as to the cause earthquakes lights and sounds or are there just theories?

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Daughter2]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Here a 2 links to more information on earthquake lights:

Information on earthquake lights and links to three videos and some pictures:
inamidst.com...

Information on earthquake lights from the United States Geological Survey:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Or, could it be this?

www.nbcdfw.com...

A circumhorizon arc, perhaps?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
reply to post by nikiano

True. That's one of the things that baffle's the theory of the rock-friction-charge-LIGHTS!, theory.
There's no way for the charge to jump up from beneth the ground to create some sort of 'lightening in reverse.'

Unless, there is some short struggle in gravitational equailibruim (or whatever) between the earth and the moon. If the moons pull is subtle yet strong enough to regulate tide around the whole earth then crust shift activity would certainly create disruption enough in this gravitational field to create light diffraction. In fact events on the sun could and probably effect the moon which then effects the ballance of power between the earth and moon and so creats earth crust disruption i.e. allowing for relaxation of crust pressure and/or a tugging effect thus an earthquake. 101 really.

"Light is 'bent' or diffracted when it passes close to a barrier, slit, or aparture"

The aparture here being the distorded or conflicted magnetic field anomaly coused by the conflict in the gravitational field.

Diffraction

Gravitational Wave

*note effects of passing gravitational waves.....the passing of distorted waves from the sun interfears with the constant wave activity between the earth and moon. This creates a "hole" a waeking at a point if you will between the pull of earth and moon that then results in relaxation and/or conflict along fault lines in the earth surface.

Just think what would happen if the moon ever got to rocking. Rock and roll!

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yes that is a common report as is sheet lightening....seen mostly at night. Sheet lightening during an earthquake was actually caught on film a few years ago during a Japanese quake.

As for the sky...I don't know what causes it...dust perhaps.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Please post it ASAP. It sounds like HAARP!

This sounds like the weird lights in China when that huge earthquake hit last year!

HAARP! Chile HAARP! Earthquake! HAARP! WeirdLights.HAARP!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join