It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist in Chile Earthquake: When the earthquake happened "the sky was changing colors..."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
A Chilean reporter, Cecelia Lagos, was just interviewed on CNN and said when the earthquake happened the sky changed colors. She said she was afraid it was the end of the world and that she saw the whole buildings crumble into giant cracks in the earth "just like in the movie 2012". So... are there other reports of changes in the color of the sky during an earthquake? Does the recent CME (coronal mass ejection) have anything to do with this phenomena? I couldn't find a video of the CNN interview conducted by Betty Nguyen that aired at 9:50AM on CNN, but I did find a video of another interview of Cecelia Lagos from MSNBC (see link). I also found a transcript of a portion of her interview as recorded by someone's TIVO as it aired on CNN (see below):

Cecelia Lagos - "Besides, I saw through my window, while I was still in bed, I saw the sky changing colors, it was absolutely surreal. I really thought it was the end of the world...I don't know I hope you understand me because I'm not exaggerating really because I saw it through my window like that. That was the most terrifying thing seeing the sky changing colors with the terribly, amazingly,strong movement of the earth, I thought, ok...this is mother earth... the earth opened up and buildings crumbled into the earth ...like in the movie 2012..."

Link to MSNBC interview:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2/27/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

[edit on 2/27/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It can happen:

An earthquake light, is an unusual luminous aerial phenomenon, that reportedly appears in the sky at or near areas of tectonic stress, seismic activity, or volcanic eruptions. Once commonly challenged, it was not until photographs were taken during the Matsushiro earthquake swarm, from 1965 through 1967, that the seismology community acknowledged their occurrence.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
link to story please my sister wants to read it ...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This only strengthens my belief that Solar Activity affects Tectonic Plates. The Colors were auras from Solar energy that interacted with Earths magnetosphere.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

I'm looking for it now. I don't think CNN has posted it yet. They just interviewed her minutes ago.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
its not a report it was just the girl talking live on CNN...anyone who was watching it would know what she said....you can only take the word of those who watched her.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Interesting. I only heard bits and pieces of her account of this, but I assumed she was referring to blackness being kicked up by dust and debris.

Apparently not. This is interesting. What is the cause of it, I wonder.
Any photos, anyone, from other earthquakes?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This from another thread:
Magnitude 8.8 Bio Bio Chile

Originally posted by esnov3
SKY CHANGING COLORS ?On CNN AT 9:45 am east coast time. Cecila Lagos a journalist in Santiago,Chile was describing the earthquake while she was laying in bed. What caught my attention is she "saw the sky changing colors" as she could see outside her window from bed.
Does the sky chnage colors durning an earthquake ?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Interesting, I'm kind of excited. Is that bad? I mean bad things are happening yet I feel this way (I'm trying to be paranormal here btw).

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mslag67

I was watching it. I know what she said. That's why I started the thread.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain
This only strengthens my belief that Solar Activity affects Tectonic Plates. The Colors were auras from Solar energy that interacted with Earths magnetosphere.

It has to be related.
If the earth is generating an magnetic field (electric or not), then any external preturbance to the field with electrical charges or magnetic forces would tent to push or pull on our (earths) field, thas transfering force to the planet...although weak, I assume a CME could be much stronger than the moons pull on us for a short time. Push or pull quick and let go quick should have some, although minute effect.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here's a You Tube video link to the 2008 Sichuan earthquake in China showing the sky changing colors.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Wow! Thanks.
It's so beautiful, it's a shame it has to precede such a devestating event.

Looks similar to Northern Lights.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Changing colors?
Like into what color?
Well, there's that HAARP thing, I personally don't subscribe to this, or it could be CME, also not into this. Perhaps it is somehow caused by the tectonic slip itself. I just don't know.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Betty Nguyen interviewed Cececila Lagos, a Chilean journalist, live about 9:50 AM. Here is the actual quote from someone who Tivo'ed it.

"Besides, I saw through my window, while I was still in bed, I saw the sky changing colors, it was absolutely surreal. I really thought it was the end of the world...I don't know I hope you understand me because I'm not exaggerating really because I saw it through my window like that. That was the most terrifying thing seeing the sky changing colors with the terribly, amazingly,strong movement of the earth, I thought, ok...this is mother earth... it was like the movie 2012... whole buildings fell into cracks in the earth..."

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Earthquake lights are both common and normal. It's simply the energy released from rocks crushing against one another.

IRM

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I thought the Earthquake happend at 3am in the morning in Chile? Hence the story's of people, running out of nightclubs, trapped in their bedrooms, e.t.c.

And if it did change colour, what colour was it?
Also, as a quick thought, 'IF' this did happen and that 'IF' the Sun was involved, would the particles interfearing in the atmosphere, make and Aurora Borealis type of event/colouring? (due to it being attributed to sunspot activity..? Just an assumption, and we all know assumption is the mother of all... F'ups.)

Or it could have just been Smoke lighten up by a distant/nearby fire.

Sure more info will emerge if there's any weight to this story.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Earthquake lights are both common and normal. It's simply the energy released from rocks crushing against one another.

IRM

No offense, but I don't think energy from rocks could create lights in the sky, miles above the earthquake. Of course, I'm not a seismologist, but that just doesn't make sense to me, with my background in science.

I think the CME theory is more probable: that the energy from the sun is what is creating the earthquakes.

Remember, a few days ago, there was a huge thread about a large filament on the sun crashing. Everyone said that if the CME/earthquake theory is true, then some of us (including me) said that we might see a VERY LARGE earthquake on earth within a week.

Well, sad to say, this earthquake is RIGHT ON CUE.

What pisses me off is that nobody in the MSM is picking up on what we here on ATS have been theorizing. All over CNN, they talk about the earthquake, but there is NOTHING about the large sun filament that crashed a few days ago. Why? Are they under orders to not report things like that?

I tell you, the MSM is worthless. They like reporting disasters, but they don't report anything else, like possible causes of disaster.

Oh, but wait....if they reported a possible link between the sun changes and what happens here on earth, then then people might start linking the sun to climate change....and then Al Gore's theories might be blown to pieces. Ok, now I know why they won't report on it. They are protecting their beloved Al Gore.

Makes me sick that politics gets so in the way of real reporting.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

The CME resulting from the eruption of the solar prominence has not arrived. The solar wind is very calm and has been since before both the Japan and Chile earthquake. There is no unusual geomagnetic activity.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Here's a You Tube video link to the 2008 Sichuan earthquake in China showing the sky changing colors.

www.youtube.com...

i was shocked when i watched that link. a week or two ago i posted on this thread
EarthQuake Prediction for Oregon 2/18/10

in the predictions forum (sorry about my lack of computer knowledge in putting a link here). my posty is about the 12th down on page 3. here is what i posted:

posted on 19-2-2010 @ 11:09 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

this is weird.
the last 2 nights i havent slept at all which is unusual for me, and this afternoon i was very tired and thought i'd have a lie down before work to see if i could nod off for an hour.
instead of nodding off i had a 'dream' of some sort of major disaster like an earthquake or volcano. i saw the ground and trees shaking violently, clouds of either smoke, steam or dust billowing around, military-type vehicles rushing past or some sort of evacuation, it was dark as if at night, between the clouds of smoke or dust i could see parts of the sky looked red. this is all i saw, i've no idea where this is. i dont know what it is, could be earthquake, could be volcano, could be me that's finally gone off my rocker.
anyway i sat up and wrote all this down on a notepad, then thought i'd search on here to see if anything of this nature had happened yet and i found this very recent thread - hence my post.
we can only wait and see if i'm crazy or not.

in the link you provided i was shocked to see that between the clouds parts of the sky looked red, just as i had said a couple of weeks ago. coincidence? or did i really see this happen before it actually did? whatdo you guys think?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join