It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Observation � This is a crazy world. And I'm to damn tired to figure it out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
As most here, I read lots more then I post. And you ��� in the back.

I heard you say that!

But I�ve been really surprised. Like blown away.

One string�s about how 80% of the world�s history professors, or something like that, were polled and say GW�s like the internet Google search results of his name says it is: A Miserable failure!

Well, we know what to expect from a finding like that���

The mild ones take the form �What poll? No one ever asked me!� and then escalate from there.

Well as I read through the reactions to the findings of this most important, front page news story, NOT I was struck with just how mild the replies were.

�Odd!� I mused. �

Just who posts to this BBS?� I thought.

When I had completed reading all the posts I realized that not one person (Bush supporters) disputed or vigorously challenged the polls findings. The Bush folks made technical arguments ie sample size, question formation, what phase the moon was in��

I mean really even to argue about a poll that has as much merit as looking the results of the question posted to 50 of the world�s most prominent Proctologists, �What do you see?� Really now!

I posted an observation to that effect and moseyed on down the line so to speak�.. And forgot all about this anomaly.

But today, I was blown away (really this time) as I was zipping through a sting -looking for something- when my eye caught glimpse of something really strange.

I took my finger off the mouse key a scrolled back and sure there it was���

Folks arguing Bush-Kerry pro-con, who of the two could ruin this country faster?

Friends, there�s something wrong with this picture here. I don�t ever remember things being so screwed up, with folks tearing at one another, and acting so poorly. And doing so like they had god on their side and they had some holy duty to maim one�s brother.
Folk have gone plumb crazy. We got the Democrats and the Republicans; the liberals and the Conservatives (And now the neo-cons, god help us); the Blues and the Reds���� when did we all stop being just plain Americans? And where did all this finger pointing and hate come from? I must not have been paying attention, �cause one day I woke up and everyone hated each other. Or the TV told me they did.

I got a bit hopeful after 9/11. Sure that was terrible, but folks were civil, cared for one another and did good things for each other. The good people, who we really are, shined. We were all just Americans. We were one people once again. Boy was that a great feeling. Remember?

Well I must of went to sleep again. Woke up and things are no better then before. What the hell happened? Please - tell me? It�s back to the SOS-different day thing again. I don�t understand it! And it makes no good sense no matter how I look at it. But now it�s a little different���..

Now we don�t just hate each other. That�s not good enough. We hate the whole damn world; and they hate us. And please don�t mention those Arab folks����. We have some of us talking about what form of genocide would be more appropriate; which method would be more cost effective.

We get in a damned war where are reasons are de jure! Which one is it today?

And they tell us we�re there so the terrorists attack us not here. And say we should be happy with our leadership because we haven�t (implied they stopped) had any attacks since 9/11 here.

Well, with the terrorist so damned busy killing our boys in Iraq maybe they�ve been just too busy. Anybody think of that.

But rest easy our President has told us if he knew 9/11 was going to happen; he sure would have done something to have stopped it. Be assured, the �brightest bulb� of our leadership�s got the problem of a future attack under control. Be assured, if he knows its coming he�ll sure do something. Bet ya Clinton don�t think like that!

Ahhhhhhh��. It don�t matter. Mounts to just a hill of beans.

We don�t count. We just work our butt of to make a buck and worry. Worry about the wife being so tired; it the school�s doing right by the kids; and where we�ll get the money for the VISA bill��� and from time to time the terrorists.

We�re just the no-count �little people� who pay the bills and are told how them others are so bad and we have to hate and fight them before they.(Fill in The Blank) reason. Hell no we ain�t American no more: we�re liberals or conservatives; Dems of �pubes: Blues or Reds; fly-overs or coasters.

Have we all gone crazy? What happened? Where did America and its people go? I�m too damn tired to figure it out.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Those that haven't been dumbed down by years of intravenous television, are oppressed by the weight of corruption and stupidity to the point of learned helplessness and powerlessness, as you are starting to feel.

A change to that learned mindset probably comes from within, and from associating with likeminded people who can re-energize from time to time.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Please.

Don't tell me how I feel, friend. You're out of line there..........

And please, no philosophy on how to get fixed.

Please, spare me your wisdom.

But thank for the time you took to read the post. Maybe its meaning will take later on.

Best to the wife and kids.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Glad to see definite signs of life.

Aren't you meant to be fighting sycophants of the other party right now, to keep you from making a difference?

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Don't worry it will pass is just the elections virus affecting everybody and turning them into a hateful frenzy will be over after the election vaccine is administered.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
....from your mouth to god's ears.

I may have drifed in to the superlative judging the few replies so far. It was intended more so as reflective satire then a personal sharing.

Keep the faith and may the force be with you

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I do not care what othe folks say about you..........I still thing that mask thing is sexy..........Ooooooooooooooh

I've given up fighting....to much energy plus they take away point and pin little red warning signs on me.

I wish they would buy thiner pins.

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by gmcnulty]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
We all have too much self centered intrests...one of the things i see posted over and over is the idea that "as long as it dosent affect ME" what do i care?

I like to call this head in the sand syndrome. Its a greedy condition aflicting citizens of all statures that have no clue that there are ideas bigger than just one that affects them directly.

A side illness that hits people is "i can do whatever i want"...side affects include short sightedness, anti-social tendancies, and acute delusions that they are more important than others.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Cazie me boy.........

Can't disagree with tour experiences with folks; and some folks sure are that way.........

I'm not sure, what's too much self interest? And wehat's the difference between self-interest and selfish? They are two distinct concepts!

I know selfish isn't good. My mom told me so. But self-interest! Isn't that like .......taking care of your needs? Funny, that has the ring of responsibility and maturity to it, and that sounds like a good thing!

But how do you know when a person's being selish or self interested?
If you ask them, you know they ain't goin to own up to the selfish label. So how do you know.

Can't mind read?

And we know what happens with assume..........ass- ---u ------ me!

So for me, Cazie me boy, and because its to damned hard to spend so much time judging the motives of others..............I figure all I can do is ask myself...........which one are you.........self-interested or selfish?

And you know what's weird about that! The answer keep changing..........Go figure?

Ain't that confusing. So you see my point? I got to keep an eye on me to keep me straight and on coarse, and that's a full time job, so I just don't have the time to keep checking on everyone else to see they're toeing the mark. Call me challenged if you must.

But that's how its for me Cazie me boy. MY hands are full with just me.

So

new topics

top topics

join