It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India government plans jail time for anyone who opposes genetically modified food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This is unbelievable to me!
They planning to make it law, it still isn't
Tell me your thoughts

------------------------------------------
Source

The Indian government is finally talking tough, the Ministry of Science and Technology is planning to purpose a new law which will see a jail term for anyone who oppose a genetically modified (GM) product.

The purpose law will prosecute any Indian citizen who opposes or questions the product of any genetically modified (GM) food or medicine and is punishable by at least a minimum of six months behind bars.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Thank you for the information. I find this very strange, obvisouly people in india know the gm food is dangerous sine there use to fresh foods

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Now that is odd...

I thought India was a bit more 'Western' in their thinking than the rest of Asia..

6 months for 'questioning' a product?? WTF?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This speaks volumes doesn't it. India is well and truly 'owned'.

IRM

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

Genetically modified seeds tied to 1500 suicides of Indian farmers?

"…The death of this respected farmer (Shankara Mandaukar) has been blamed on something far more modern and sinister: genetically modified crops. Shankara, like millions of other Indian farmers, had been promised previously unheard of harvests and income if he switched from farming with traditional seeds to planting GM seeds instead."
www.bravenewtraveler.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pumpkinorange

This is unbelievable!
This shows exactly whats happening in the world and why everything is turning to sh*t....including our own food.

S&F

Edit: no swearing

[edit on 27-2-2010 by mslag67]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
And guess what kin dof food you will be forced to eat in jail?

That is pretty sick , forcing someone to eat something they might not want to.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatality
That is pretty sick , forcing someone to eat something they might not want to.

It's not just about what you get to eat... There is also the little issue that you cannot usually use the seeds for the plants for your next crop, they modify the genes in such a way that the seeds are useless and you have to go and buy more - it's a way to control food availability, it's a way to put a chain around peoples necks

(If I go to India now after typing that should I expect jail time?
)

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Unspeakable. So much for Indian democracy!

Question genetically modified food and go to prison!

How much crap can Indians take from their parliament???

Clearly, they are NWO puppets.
Oh well, jails soon will be full unless people will start eating that GM poison...
Eating it, and dying...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
They haven't passed it yet. India has been doing much better on holding the line on fascist American Super-Companies than we have. We still haven't reversed Codex Alimentarius which is supposed to outlaw nutrition in food and protect Monsanto's poisons.
I was looking for a place to post this, which is basically the same as the op post
Criticising GM Crops May Land You In Jail
An above post mentions Indian farmer suicides. Considering our CIA's mo, and our CIA employment on behalf of Monsanto, wonder how many of those were murders.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by m khan]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by m khan

politicians are easily bought over there..they are all corrupt...

give them a dollar and they will kill their own mother.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
GM food have a terrible rap... everyone automatically thinks it's franken-food but it's actually a fantastic way to feed this ever-growing population, especially in harsh climates. Most people conveniently forget that foods like corn and bananas are technically 'genetically modified'. GMFs are healthier, bigger, and more resilient in most cases. There's no reason to be alarmed.

top topics

join