It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 8.8 Offshore Maule, Chile

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Virole
How likely is that, and if its true could a series of 9.0 + quakes cause, assist or forewarn a polar shift?
I don't think they are strong enough to affect significantly the Earth, and they would be to be always in the same direction, instead of one in Japan and another in Chile, for example, almost cancelling each other's effects.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
that was very scary , just to be on the safe-side a tsunami threat was said to enter easter shore's of were i live (i live 1hour from beach's in sydney's west) except i set my alarm - 7 am (tsunami expected) - to be 8:45am ,
i like to be prepared for the worse- even if i die, it's a part of life.
Thank GOD it was cancelled here,
& so sorry to the people of chile .

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hi, thank's for all the concern people!
Thing's are starting to look up again here, no more loothing and order it's being restored in most affected cities, towns and locations.
Yes, i'm from Chile and just got electricity back along with internet access.
Thankfully me and my familly were prepared for what happend, and right after the quake we started moving and collecting water, checking our food supply's and making everything posible to stay afloat during the crissis, yet, we weren't the most afected nor we suffered any injuries or damage to our home.

Luckily I was awake and sobber
when all began and while i did not reacted immidiately and just realized it was a propper earthquake after about 10 seconds form the start, everyone at home awoke and wore calmed and colected.
Power went out about 25 to 30 seconds after the quake started, while i was geting my little niece from her bedroom and taking her downstairs and then out the front yard.
We all five got together in front of the house and we saw the sky, the flashes from the few power transformers still shorting out and the house... the house was drifting everywhere!!!
I was both amazed and dumbstruck as the structure endure so much and not one crack showed, not one! awesome house...
Yet other were not so lucky...
Land and cell phone lines went down along with the power circuits and the cars parcked outside wore jumping like pimped out cars...
dude... dangerous...

Anyway, as we gathered our supplys and checked that the neighborgs where ok we started trying to check with the rest of our family troughout the country using and hoping the cell lines would return as soon as possible. My father, one sister and a good third of my direct family live in Talca, one of the most affected cities, my father being one of those who lived in the old part of that city. His house stood up, and endured without much damage.
One hour later we managed to contact most part of the family, all my brothers and sisters.
Everyone was ok, shaked but fine...

It's been some damn hard four days here, not becouse we where without control, but becouse the always to eager to take advantage of the weak did loose control and the loothing and pilliage began... that's another story i guess...

take good care everyone, be prepared!!

[edit on 2/3/10 by Jim.Hero]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Awesome, just found out there are three other Chileans Compatriotas in ATS.
Good to know all of you are ok!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Virole
How likely is that, and if its true could a series of 9.0 + quakes cause, assist or forewarn a polar shift?

Thoughts?

What do you mean by "polar shift"?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Wait... so where are all of the comments from the ATS skeptics saying that this quake never happened? (I kid, I kid)

It is quite fortunate that the epicenter of this quake was farther away from the major cities as opposed to Haiti's recent one, otherwise probably would have been much worse..

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KKinsane2009
I will say this one more time.

IT

WAS

HAARP

!!!!!!!!!!

if the earth being knocked off its axis JUST like in 2004 is not enough evidence for you i'm done.

While it is more than possible for HAARP to affect weather, climate and the ionosphere, the concept of blaming HARRP for earthquakes in an area renowned for big earthquakes shows a complete lack of common sense thinking, Mother Nature can generate earthquakes quite happily without human intervention and has done so for millions of years.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

I agree 100% with your statement. But I've also been wondering how often high level earthquakes occur. We've had two large earthquakes within a time of two full months. Is that rare or has that happened before? Are we in for another one in March?

Just something to consider.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
6.4 magnitude earthquake just hit Taiwan.

My company's HQ office is located in Taiwan. We just got a call from them a few minutes ago.

So what's going on with all the major quakes?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
What is happening is not unusual, just look at the list of deadly earthquakes since 1900 and you will see that what was unusual was for 2009 to have so few.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ok. Just saw the headlines for the earthquake in Taiwan.
I can't believe I posted "Are we in for another one in March?" just a few hours ago. Hope this doesn't cause as much devastation as the ones in Haiti and Chile.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dtp22

I predict there will be at least 4 more earthquakes of 6.0 or greater this month.

Since 1973 there has been an annual average of 132 earthquakes of 6.0 and greater. That's an average of 11 every month.

Leave it alone already.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by dtp22

I predict there will be at least 4 more earthquakes of 6.0 or greater this month.

Since 1973 there has been an annual average of 132 earthquakes of 6.0 and greater. That's an average of 11 every month.

Leave it alone already.

Absolutely right, I will go so far as to say we are likely to have another 8.5-9 before the end of the year.

My greatest concern is the area from Oregon to BC, - overdue for a large quake, - lack of education, - dense housing in low lying areas, - historically prone to tsunami's - plus millions of unprepared Americans/Canadians.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Im about 95% sure that this is a "HAARPquake". These quakes are gonna continue to happen until a certain discovery is made...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by enlightened_one

And after that "discovery" there will be no more earthquakes?
Cool.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
as I said in other post... NO.FREAKING.HAARP.
this are tectonic plates, let me introduce you to them:

If you can see in detail, in our area there's the "union" of South American and Nazca plates. See that black line between? Right, that's where Nazca plate tries to hide under South American one. That friction produces a big a** ammount of energy, that time to time gets liberated... in quake form or, most radically, as mountain chains... like The Andes. Geographic question: Where's the Andes? BINGO! BETWEEN CHILE AND ARGENTINA!!!, like a welded seam of that black line you see there in the map. Earth crust is floating in a sea of magma... what did you expect? volcanoes and quakes.

Something like this is basic information... that in seismical countries is taught when you're in junior school.

Just today we had another quake, in a complete different part of the country, so it wasn't an aftershock. 6.2º, in continent, near Calama. And also 2 aftershocks near here (5,3 th stronger). Last heavy quake here was some years ago in Tocopilla, in the very north of the country. Last one on Santiago was in 1985, but we had a lot, A LOT of small quakes every day all along the country. It's not like there were a big one, dunno, in Brazil, that's in the middle of one of those plates and they don't get any quake, never. Or as another fellow ATSer said, Ireland. Here in Chile the Earth shakes a lot, people... this is natural and was going to happen one day or another. It's estimated that every 20 years there's a big one in Santiago. This one took 25 so we were expecting it since 2005.

I'm starting to get angry, so it's better I stay away from the keyboard... or nonsense like this

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Caggy]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by enlightened_one

OK, could you please explain to us the technology behind HAARP that makes it possible?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It's kinda funny to see people here that are so quick to rule out
the haarp theory.

Most chileans know a man known as "Salfate".

He presents conspiracy theories on a chilean channel.
He is even in youtube if you care to search for him.
The reason that he is still unknown in other
spanish speaking countries is that the chilean accent can be difficult
to understand for outsiders.

but here is MY outtake on the whole thing and why this quake
could have been triggered by haarp. that's right.
even though haarp can make the ground tremble i think it only triggered
it this time..

well. two things that support my theory is:

first one: Salfate made a show about the haiti quake BEFORE we chileans
had ours.

there he spoke about that the Russian government were trying
to inform people about haarp and that the USA-government is using
this weapon of mass-destruction irresponsably.
In Europe there was a treaty signed that said that USA would never
use this weapon again. Signs are pointing that the USA (government)
still used this weapon after signing the treaty, wich goes against it.

The russian government contacted Salfate and asked him to bring this out
to light in chile so people would be informed about it. He did so in his conspiracy show and told people that the russian government
contacted him about this.

second one: Scientists scratched their heads when they talked about the
quake in Chile for one reason. The vibrations were not as they usually
are (horizontal vibrations) but now they found that the vibrations
for the quake in chile were infact (vertical vibrations).

---

After the chilean quake the russian authorities were trying to make people
see that it was a triggered event and not a natural quake, even though chile
has had alot of quakes and the area is a "high risk zone".

Will post links to the russian claim as soon as I re-find it

damn need to start saving good links hehe..
anyway i leave you with the first part of the salfate show
about haiti.

Salfate Haiti Show Dubbed:
www.youtube.com...

[EDIT]: link seemed broken
also, the second part isnt up in youtube.
i will have to do the subbing myself. so keep an eye out, will post the
second part later in the thread. I'm still looking for the russian newscast
where they are talking about the chilean quake.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Cloro]

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Cloro]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
as I said in other post... NO.FREAKING.HAARP.
this are tectonic plates, let me introduce you to them:

If you can see in detail, in our area there's the "union" of South American and Nazca plates. See that black line between? Right, that's where Nazca plate tries to hide under South American one. That friction produces a big a** ammount of energy, that time to time gets liberated... in quake form or, most radically, as mountain chains... like The Andes. Geographic question: Where's the Andes? BINGO! BETWEEN CHILE AND ARGENTINA!!!, like a welded seam of that black line you see there in the map. Earth crust is floating in a sea of magma... what did you expect? volcanoes and quakes.

Something like this is basic information... that in seismical countries is taught when you're in junior school.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Caggy]

Well said !

And please... "salfate" is just an entertainer and not a serious investigator.I mean he was known primarily for his "Anime" tv shows

Theres NOTHING unusual about this quake

we were expecting it since years ago

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47 >>

join