It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 8.5 - BIO-BIO, CHILE

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
wow well this is #ed?
im half peruvian and im worried about my family there.
oh and i live 10 minutes from the beach over here in australia , in queensland infact....

are the waves actually going to come here....

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by piero
wow well this is #ed?
oh and i live 10 minutes from the beach over here in australia , in queensland infact....

yes they are, i just heard a rep from the big geological group i believe it was, on fox it will hit hawaii in about 12 hours and it will continue its path to pretty much everywhere, they are reporting the whole pacific rim there will be affected, even japan has a full warning

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

oh wow. thank you. do you think its wise to tell my friends about it. one of them always swims at like 9am every morning. # im worried.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Dramey

oh wow. thank you. do you think its wise to tell my friends about it. one of them always swims at like 9am every morning. # im worried.

yea i would

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this thread has a lot more info

i dont want to spread panic and i dont think others should, but theres potentially some bad things happening

the amount of earthquakes in the whole pacific volcanoes and tsunami reports are worrying

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Dramey

i wouldnt want to be responable for your freinds death but i very much doubt your going to see anything life threaterning or noticeable, buy the the time its reached australia, it will be sufficiently weaker, way to many people spreading panic & kaos to be honest,

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

reply to post by Dramey

i wouldnt want to be responable for your freinds death but i very much doubt your going to see anything life threaterning or noticeable, buy the the time its reached australia, it will be sufficiently weaker, way to many people spreading panic & kaos to be honest,

i agree people shouldnt panic, but they should stay aware

all the reports im hearing and seeing state it may not be a huge event, but for the most part they are all stating it will be an event

i know for hawaii and a few other areas its not if it hits but when and ive heard it will hit at 11 am and i heard another report saying it will hit hawaii 12-15 hours after the initial quake

i know australia and other places have different circumstances, but better safe then sorry

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

yeah i guess your right , haha
im staying up all night (its 9pm) to check on south america and the tsunami warning cause this is pretty interesting

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
..... ok .... surf tomorrow !

180 earthquakes over the last seven days ,

who's been annoying God ..... [Dave]?

..... what comes right before 2012 ?

..... 2011

..... 2010

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Some crazy stuff going on in the world these days.. hope things change for the better.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

Mother nature has certainly been busyer than normal over the past year yes but thats all it is, the world used to be a much much more violent place and it didnt END it was beginning, its perfectly normal for todays day & age...

You should only begin to start to worry when there is no seismic activity, because it would mean the planet is dieing and the atmosphere would start to disapear, eventually it would look like mars

lots of seismic activity is very healthy and perfectly normal,

[edit on 27-2-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

There is nothing going on in the world that has not happened before right???

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz

There is nothing going on in the world that has not happened before right???

There is not, no

second line...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

wow well this is #ed?

yep on it's way..

Aust ralia on tsunami watch after Chile earthquake

AUSTRALIA'S east coast has been put on tsunami watch following a major 8.8-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Chile where at least six people have been killed. The Joint Australian Tsunami Warning Centre (JATWC) issued a tsunami watch at 7:45pm (AEDT) on Saturday declaring a "potential tsunami threat" to New South Wales, Queensland, Lord Howe Island and Norfolk Island. "Tsunami waves have been observed on the coast of Chile that may threaten Australia," the Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) said. The BoM said tsunami waves could start affecting Norfolk and Lord Howe Islands after 8:30am (AEDT) on Sunday. NSW could be hit after 8:45am (AEDT) on Sunday while Queensland could be hit after 8:15am (AEST) Duty forecaster Jake Phillips at the BoM says the NSW coast north of Broken Bay and up to Queensland's south coast as far Double Island Pt near Brisbane could experience strong waves. Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar. End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar. "But at this stage we want to stress that there is no concern about land inundation," Mr Phillips told AAP. "But there is a marine threat and that would include anyone out boating or rock fishermen."

I might head down have a look at the coastline at 9am myself in the morning.
I'll let you know how it looks from south nsw .
Hope most people everywhere can be warned along the pacific, I't s not a good time though (is it ever?) middle of the night in a lot of it.

Lived 2 miles off the coast 6 months ago between a lagoon and a river in a house only 3 metres above sea level,
Logged on to ats to check breaking news at 11pm prior to going to sleep only to see a big earthquake hit NZ, went to check BOM site only to see we were on tsunami alert here.
spent a nerve wracking 1.5 hours waiting and wondering ought I wake everyone up and run for the hills until it was canceled. when it hit it was only 13 cm I think. Needless to say I live in the hills now, a deliberate move as I've watched the frequency of earthquakes rise , and magnitude ,let alone solar and magnetic field fluctuations over the last few years.
Fingers crossed here for all the low-lying pacific islands in its path especially

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

..... the Earth is NOT alive , Gaia is a myth , and the Truth is soon to

set you free !

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
reply to post by radarloveguy

Mother nature has certainly been busyer than normal over the past year yes but thats all it is, the world used to be a much much more violent place and it didnt END it was beginning, its perfectly normal for todays day & age...

You should only begin to start to worry when there is no seismic activity, because it would mean the planet is dieing and the atmosphere would start to disapear, eventually it would look like mars

lots of seismic activity is very healthy and perfectly normal,

[edit on 27-2-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

The world didn't end but a lot of species have gone extinct for these events in the past. =)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join