It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jedi - should it be a recognised religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
If Jedi ......WAS a recognised religion...sheesh.. my 11 year old son would MAKE me join up......I bet he would want me to do my hair like cinnamon rolls to, YIKES!
Seriously..........I would be FORCED to consider this option...if it WERE a true option.....

Instead of Baptism, I bet they would have some kind of electrocution deal with a light saber

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
"I see you like my Lightsaber...it has much Force does it not?"

*looks down at official gold Jedi medallions and Jedi gym shoes*

"Am I not pimpin like Yoda my lovely?"

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I guess one could say that Jedi is a religion. At least in the UK anyway.

news.bbc.co.uk...

"The Force is evidently still strong with the Star Wars legacy - Jedi is the chosen "religion" for thousands of people in Britain, according to newly released census results.
The 2001 census reveals that 390,000 people across England and Wales are devoted followers of the Jedi "faith" made famous by the blockbuster films."

They say it's not recognised officially, but they did place it on an official form so I reckon their protestations are baseless.

Gotta love this line.

"It remains to be seen whether the census results will give rise to planning applications for Jedi bases or open air gatherings being held.
And sales of light sabres could well give a boost the UK economy."

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It would be nice to have a religion that doesnt worship anything. Only gives you morals. :waves hand: You will be a jedi.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I always thought this 'Jedi religion' was a prank?

Over the years I have heard many people talking about this Jedi stuff, saying things such as "If enough people put down their religion as 'Jedi', then it will become a recognised religion" - I just thought by that, they meant it would be a prank religion - to make a fool out of the system.
I didn't think it had any meaning to it

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I thought that the jedi in the books were based off an older religion of Jedai s

though from what i read about the whole (bs) reptile thing , jedi fits the bill perfectly.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The Jedi religion contains some elements of hinduism and Buddism. Jedism isn't about starwars or lightsaber fights, the religion as whole is really interesting and i do recommend members looking into it.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
No offence spwan but :

What is doing this thread here ? It's not a conspiracy related topic ! This should be in BTS : www.belowtopsecret.com...

Forum for Conspiracy Only

This forum is intended for conspiracies in religion. If you have any theological or faith based questions please put your posts here.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

All non conspiracy posts will be moved.

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well I personally see no problem with it being a religion. It's not like people are going to be able to use the force, but living by the Jedi code would not be a bad idea.

To the guy who asked why not a car religion? Well... Though fictional, Jedi is an actual code, a belief system, it's not just all about the force and lightsabers. It's basically a lot like bushido, maybe not a religion per-se, but a code of living. It's not that these people are really big Star Wars fans and they want to base their religion on Star Wars, it's an actual structured belief system. I don't see why not.

Oh, and here's a really funny fan-film that corresponds very well to this topic. Jedi Street Preachers

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
well if you can use a lightsabre and all that jedi stuff it should be a religion but only other jedi should be able to join, no common flok

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Take the jedi quiz to see if the force is strong with you.
some insight
Number of jedi that have taken the quiz: 574,798

***Personal Note: On the quiz, I ranked in as Yoda.
*** On the other hand there are people that think klingon is a language(ie. see daddy day care)

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
In Australia a few years back we had a sensus and had the 'other' field. Apparantly huge amounts of people put JEDI and the gov refused to accept it as a religion... i think they realised that the people were just joking but i guess if you believe in the jedi way its legit.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I am probably wrong here, but isn't Jedi a term made up for Star Wars?

Well, I guess all religions would be inventions of the human mind in the end, even if they are right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join