It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jedi - should it be a recognised religion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
my country recently held a census to see how many people lived here and on the section that said religion please tick, it had a blank box which had written underneath it "i your religion does not show here please write it in this box (other than Jedi) so i put it to you should Jedi become a real religion

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spwan
[email protected]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm moving this to the religion form (rather than Space)... but my own answer is "Heck, YES!!!!"

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
ahh , i remember putting jedi down last time as my religion

heres why

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by acidhead]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Jedi though fictional is a religion. The fact of it making its way into the real world does not debunk it.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It has good concepts...it teaches peace, tranquility, and chilvary (or bushido) So, why not? If it teaches good things, not evil, than why can't it be a religion? because it is in a movie? SO WHAT. The world needs to realize that not all people fall into categories that they woud like.

-wD

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If there was one religion i would become part of, it would be the Order of the Jedi. I love Star wars, plus I'd get to play with a cool Light Saber.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So I guess people who are car enthusists should have a religion, or maybe the people who hike, or bike, or walk etc. Come on.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Cearbhall- I gotta say, why not? If cars are what moves you or being close to nature, more power to you. I find it reassuring that individuals want to have a doctrine or set of principles to guide their lives by.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There is a real religion/spirtual movement happening in the land down under and they call in Jedi. Its all about feeling good and having fun all the time from or whatever.

Yes it should be reconized as a religion. And it has a different meaning that might be sensitive.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I do not see the point in making a fictional religion a real one, since the majority of the religion is made up and unabtainable (the force etc.) the level of (what ever that was that was in the Young Skywalker). In my opinion if you really think you are a jedi, You should get out more

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
A word of advice for would be Jedi:

STOP BASING YOUR EXISTENCE ON A CHEESY ASS GEEK MOVIE AND WAKE UP!

One of your commandments could be: Thou shalt not bone...cos anyone who claims to be a Jedi would be pretty much forced into this one anyways.

me = spoiler

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by atomik_chikken]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
That would be cool if there was ever a system available for people to be Jedi's. The Force can be attained through the Jedi movement. Like all spiritual methods, eventually the Jedi order will be recognized as helping people to attain the Force.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
I do not see the point in making a fictional religion a real one

Are you serious? There is just as much fact to back up "Jedi" as any other religion. Based on an old film? Based on an old book? Since religion is based on "faith" anyone's would be valid.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It would be no different than say Scientology.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Jedi is short for Jesus died.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i have to admit a life without sex nor love would be extramly hard. but the ethics is understandable

spwan

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Why not? It's no less believable than any other religion, in fact we get cool powers with that one as well so it's better.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I think that as long as you believe in it, its a real religion

Who gives a crap if its gov. recognized as a "credible religious institution".

I, however, would never call myself a member of a religion that was started in a movie.. But if thats what you wanna do, more power to ya.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
hmm well i have never really seen star wars but I mean if its got its own doctrines and stuff then yeah i guess you could call it a religion.

For those that say its false and fake or whatever.. Then all i have to say is some people would say the same about your religion.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaypeth
Jedi though fictional is a religion. The fact of it making its way into the real world does not debunk it.

Mama must be damn proud of you.

Jedi is not a religion, it is simply a plot device for a movie created by a man and nothing more. It "made it's way into the real world" because the movie was made. It cannot be "debunked" because it is not real. Grow up.

I know the Star Wars flicks are fun and all and as a child I always wanted to be a Jedi but I knew the difference between reality and fantasy, some of you are still floating in a neverending story.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join