It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Uncover 30,000-Year-Old Written Language

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Researchers Uncover 30,000-Year-Old Written Language

www.disinfo.com

The Globe and Mail reports on the discovery of what might be the earliest written language, comprised of lines and geometric shapes:

A graphic code uncovered by researchers at the University of Victoria suggests that written communication may have started 30,000 years ago.

Compiling the cave signs of nearly 150 sites across Ice Age France, researchers found striking similarities that suggest human beings may have used a graphic language made up of simple lines and geometric shapes to communicate shortly after the first African civilizations arrived in Europe…suggesting that the “crea
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theglobea ndmail.com

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
most of the people who come to this site come for strange and amazing things. So do I. But, do they recognize when they are actually looking at a strange and amazing thing? Because , if true, this is one of them! If thier estimate is correct, it would put the whole concept of human history on its ear. I would say also, that these thing s when discoverd add to our collective sense of wondrment, which is what I t hink we all need. What did humans do in the intermim of oh, I dont know, some 20,000 years. Fascinating. All the C.T. theories of ancient technology et. al. Should be frothing at the mouth. and will they notice? Perhaps.

www.disinfo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidself

There are these type etchings world wide. To me they are just a phase of human development wherever they occur.
I would consider them more language than writing. Although you most likely need to have pre or proto writing to evolve into actual witting.
Nevertheless this is an interesting subject. S&F

Petroglyph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Petroglyphs (also called rock engravings) are images created by removing part of a rock surface by incising, pecking, carving, and abrading. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroglyph - Similar

BTW I have been to several sites in North America that exhibit almost the exact glyphs. Just later in time but IMO the same human development stage.

Black Mountain Rock Art District, Barstow Field Office, Bureau ...
Mar 18, 2009 ... Petroglyphs at Inscription Canyon Located between Superior and Water Valleys, northwest of Barstow, California, the Black Mountain Rock Art ...

www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow/petroglyph1.html - Similar

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
These people obviously never heard of Graham Hancock or his book "Supernatural".

Just saying.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
"After many hours of experts evaluating the writings, they have determined it was a warning to not drink the water."

Though we will never know exactly for sure.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
These people obviously never heard of Graham Hancock or his book "Supernatural".

Just saying.

Don't have time or money to buy the book. Hows about a little review???

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hmm, 26 linear and geometric signs- connecting France and Spain to NE Jordan- Haifa being where the oldest known man with the Hyoid bone was found (for speech, song)- looks like we're putting it together!

top topics

join