Originally posted by Janky Red

ELIMINATE MINIMUM WAGE

I could fire the 3 making 20 bucks a hr,

and hire 3 for 6 bucks a hour.

OR 60 for $1 an hour!

JUST IMAGINE THE PROSPERITY!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
How many unemployment extentions are we going to have before they turn it into a permanent entitlement?

How much is too much? 6 months? 12 months? 5 years? 10 years?

There is no better motivation to get a job than realizing that you will go broke. By extending the benefits you extend the "job search". It's amazing how fast most people find a job after the benefits run out.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

NOW go out over to your unemployed areas where YOU live and say that and i betcha someone will kick your butt.

Its so easy to say it here.

Some of us are overwhelmed with disgust and utter contempt at this world and >>>>>>FLAMER

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

How much is too much? 6 months? 12 months? 5 years? 10 years?

There is no better motivation to get a job than realizing that you will go broke. By extending the benefits you extend the "job search". It's amazing how fast most people find a job after the benefits run out.

Right?

star for you

There are plenty of jobs, its just that people are too comfortable because they are getting
money. I have started eight companies and have employed 100's, I started my first company with a phonebook, carton filled with sand and seventeen bucks.

BTW anything is too much,

what happens when you feed a stray cat???

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Maybe I missed it and somebody already mentioned it.

Isn't there 100 Senators? How could only one of them be able to stop this?

Why didn't they just call for a regular vote instead of a voice vote?

Something just doesn't seem right about this.

Of course, Bunning is still a butt.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Some of us are overwhelmed with disgust and utter contempt at this world and >>>>>>FLAMER

link   
We are all missing the point of this. They know they have to pass a unemployment extension. They also would like a 51 vote majority in the senate to pass health care. Currently I believe it takes 60 to pass a bill. Imagine now that this is just politics to switch the rules for an unemployment extension. Thereby allowing the health care bill to slide through without hesitation. Order through chaos we will see.

link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Oh you are so right. You never change! Its amazing!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I did not make any reference to your sexual preference.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
[edit on 26-2-2010 by dgtempe]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

How many unemployment extentions are we going to have before they turn it into a permanent entitlement?

You do realize the job market is going to stay this way for years don't you? I suppose you'd rather people starve.

Good for you. You're a patriot.

(edited to keep myself out of trouble)

[edit on 26-2-2010 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

But..... that's the problem, that I see. I empathize with the people, but I do have to ask where does the govt. help/unemployment monies end? They have to end at some point. And, if it is true that many/most of the jobs lost may not return, than the answer is not to continue doing what you were doing, right?

There needs to be incentive for unemployed to re-train into a position that is still here. Otherwise, nothing changes.

ETA: Clarify:
This means a needed re-vamp of the employment dept. policies procedures to make it possible for people to do this....

[edit on 26-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

What DG said!
Send that car salesman my way. I bet he dosn't even know what work really is.

Skadi, even I agree when it is said like that. No one expects it to go on
forever. Just keep in mind all those fracken BS bailouts. This whole thing was engineered, this is just another phase.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This seems to explain why one senator was able to throw a wrench in things:

Bunning gets the blame because an emergency 1-month extension required unanimous consent today or yesterday, and he objected, saying he wants the Senate to pay for the extension with cuts elsewhere.

Sounds reasonable, right? I wonder where he would like to see cuts made. Then he was supported by Cornyn:

“I admire the courage of the junior senator from Kentucky,” Cornyn said. “It’s not fun to be accused of having no compassion for the people who are out of work, the people for whom these benefits should be forthcoming.”

But he added that “somebody has to stand up finally and say enough is enough, no more inter-generational theft from our children and grandchildren.”

Sounds more and more rational. Then we find out this juicy tidbit:

Democrats will now move ahead with a bigger, long-term extension of unemployment insurance and COBRA benefits on Monday. They are also expected to sweeten the pot for the GOP by including extensions of a bunch of tax-breaks Republicans like.

Now I wonder if this wasn't planned this way on purpose. He gets to sound like the one looking at the bottom line, then be persuaded to help unemployed Americans on Monday while getting a few tax breaks at the same time.

NYDaily News

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Cameoii]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Now I wonder if this wasn't planned this way on purpose.

IMO, they gave up too easily. You have provided a perfect reason as to why they did.

scam number......

Nevermind I lost count.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

I wouldn't , but most will.

I would....and I am a business owner.

My heart is only overruled by my desire to eat steaks verses steak-ums.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Unemployment benefits are suppose to be a temporary safety net...not an unending source of income.

Edited because of a previous edit by the OP.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The unemployment is the only thing holding the fabric of this country together right now. If you take it away it could spiral out of control in a hurry. When people have nothing to loose they become very dangerous. We are living in epic times and this may very well be the final straw breaking on Americas back. Good luck everyone on ATS if the you know what hits the fan. If it does go south only the prepared will live. This is a proven fact. The survival forum is a great place us it.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

ETA: Clarify:
This means a needed re-vamp of the employment dept. policies procedures to make it possible for people to do this....

[edit on 26-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

At the same time doing so would cost money, likely create more government "jobs"
and make people more dependent. People will have to be creative if they want to survive this, more government makes more problems etc...individual determination is the ultimate victim

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

ANd the job market is going to be like this for years. Despite what people keep stating...jobs are extremely scarce.

I really hope you become one of the unemployed. I'm sure you'll quit taking it after a few months on principle alone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join