It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Bunning blocks unemployment benefits extension

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

First off, free marketers do not want complete hands off regulation. They want even regulation across the board. These default swaps and mortgage derivatives can be said to be fraud based can they not?

First off, enforce fraud laws. Of course, we would have to find an enforcement branch that does not have their fingers in the cookie jar.

As for the virtual/fiat money, that has to be ended. How can one have a stable market based on confidence alone. As of right now, the only thing keeping the economy afloat is the absolute lies spread by the fourth wing of government-propaganda ministry.

Gold and silver was used in the past, I feel a nationalized commodity such as oil could be implemented. Of course you would have to convince everyone that oil should be nationalized and owned COMPLETELY by the people. Ooohhh, that is not base on my normal parameters.

The equalization of the money supply HAS to be the first and foremost thing on the agenda. Hell, even state by state money could be implemented.

As for business size, a simple limit placed on them by existing anti monopoly laws needs to be implemented. Remove ALL price supports for all products and services.

One must look at what we want to accomplish. If we want a One World Government, just let things continue as they are. They have everything going EXACTLY as they have planned. I have read numerous papers coming out of the NSA, CIA and other countries intelligence divisions.

Just a couple-2025_Global_Trends_Final_Report and strat_trends_23jan07

If more people were to read more of the things coming out of places like these, the ignorance of their plans would be destroyed. The basic MSM deflects the info they do not want the everyday person to know.

Just 35 years ago the US was fine. What since then has changed?

Globalization.
NAFTA type treaties.
Wholesale immigration to destroy wages.
Eliminating independent states and countries.
Implementation of interdependence.
Implementation of wars around the globe.
Implementation of a spending spree to put the US in an unsustainable situation.
etc etc etc

I would have to think more on the economic situations. I am more informed of the political and social problems facing us.

I would probably have to point toward people like Ron Paul or Peter Schiff that had been telling all of us we were heading for this cliff. Quit listening to the idiots that said everything was fine and that are STILL SAYING IT.

Here is the thing. The current idiots in control, this is their plan, they are going to make it bigger and better. That is their plan, to take us to a global money supply controlled by them. They have done such a good job of it over the last 40 years.

We need to remove them from the controls. The banksters that are the masters of our demise, must be stopped.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

cool beans

I am always amazed to see how much we have in common, so much so that I question
the likelihood sometimes, but sure enough I question for nighe...

I think we need to figure out a way to determine who is righteous and who is part of the problem out there in the halls of power, unfortunately nazi's probably said the same thing

It would be nice to have a clear picture though.

Anyhow thanks for your insight

I hope your IRS problem get better soon, any problems and send em to my fist, take care, I'm out for a beer or four.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I fully support cutting any entitlement programs or government aid, but it shouldn't just be limited to the common working man while huge corporations and the military get a pass. This senator sounds like a real tool.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well, as othesr have pointed out already - it was not his lonevlote that defeated the bill - it was the votes of the majority and he just happened to cast the final vote that tipped it. Anyway, I completely agree that there are a litanny of programs that we could cut and redirect into temporary social safety nets - like UNEMPLOYMENT!!!! DOLTS!!!

I am not for long-term living off the government dole, but I recognize that there is suffering out there. I am among them, being unemployed since last fall, benefits over 2/3 gone and raising a child! BUT... You had better bet that Israel will get its money from the US - as will the UN and countless other countries while the very people who have toiled, bled and sweat to pay for that aid will suffer.

Perhaps they are just not satisfied that rioting hasn't begun thus allowing them to unleash the goons upon us and now it is time to force it. Maybe? I dunno...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Walkswithfish

As sad as that is, millions more Americans are losing pay and benefits and/or are underemployed... Countless families barely living paycheck to paycheck, millions are one maybe two lost paychecks away from losing everything.

Don't be so quick to judge the unemployed... evaluate your personal situation and see how many paychecks you are away from being homeless.

I agree....yet too many are too quick to judge. Sometimes I wonder who these people really are posting on ATS. They don't seem like the common man to me. All i see are rehashed talking points that ignore those who are hurting.

The lack of attention this thread should be getting is a microcosm of what is wrong with this country.

Our jobs have been outsourced, our money has been inflated, freedoms have been infringed on...yet somehow...SOMEWAY...

We blame the victims. For God's sake...what is wrong with people.

THIS IS YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS. THIS IS YOUR NEIGHBOR.

THIS COULD BE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 26-2-2010 by David9176]

I totally agree with you. Also these people that are saying that unemployment should end and that we shouldn't have minimum wage etc. etc. etc., aren't using their heads. For one, this isn't about people wanting unemployment (you can't make a fortune from this money), it's about people that can't find a job. If you can't find a job then you need something to hold you over until you do. You could get a job in lets say Iowa that pays 6 bucks an hour, but if you live in Indiana and can't move because nobody is wanting your house then you can't apply for that crappy job. Two, we are a country and a culture believe it or not. And in a culture there is a unwritten social contract that says that if in trouble the others in said culture will help you. If not why even pay taxes, if not why even follow the rules of government. Because if you can get thrown away like so much trash when bad luck happens to you or your family, then why follow the rules.

Nobody and I mean nobody is going to say get rid of my unemployment, it's costing to much to the future of the country and I will go out their and try twice as hard in this DEPRESSION to find a job. If I don't thats life, yea right. The first time your kids start complaining about not having food, or your wife wanting to leave you because you can't provide, or that you and your family are living under a bridge, you will change your mind. You see what many of those posters don't get is that in real life everybody can't be a winner or a business owner or making good money. You will have poor people, you will have people without jobs. And so what these programs do is to provide a minimum of support for people. If this support wasn't their, then you would have civil and political strife across the country. It's a Faustian deal that all leaders of society make with their people. IF YOU DON'T WANT THEM DESTROYING YOUR COUNTRY AND ERGO REVOLUTION, YOU EITHER GIVE THEM OR LET THEM RELEASE THAT ENERGY IN ORDER TO KEEP A STABLE COUNTRY. The Caesars and other powers knew this, because the worst thing to have for a country is a populace that is mad and poor, because eventually they will TAKE what they need and want.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well i have to bring this up, somewhere in this thread someone said to email him and let him know whats on my mind, well i did, and at this website bunning.senate.gov... i wrote an email stating that i do not agree with his decesion and that more people would turn to crime and robbery, and this would all be on his hands, i also called him #in selfish, well the weird part is during my 12 hours shift today, i had a missed call from a local number here in town, so i called it back on my break and it was the county sheirff dept, i said yes hi i had a missed call from this number, and the dispatcher asked my name and i gave it too her and she said... oh" ok, sorry we got the wrong number, uh could this be just a mistake cause i have had my cell number for two years now, is the senator pissed at me or what?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

But this is not a oligarchy in this country Rock, this is a republic. Don't let our government fool you, we still live in a Republic not a corporate owned state.

Civic lesson for you mate: All forms of Government are Oligarchies.

There has never been, nor shall there ever be a Government that is not also an Oligarchy.

Go out, look for a job, see how well you do.

I was unemployed for 9 months, I currently work part time in a dead end job. I never took unemployment, and I never would .. I cannot see how it would ever assist ones station in life. It's an excuse, a crutch, and if you sit on it for to long you have no urgency to do something about your lot in life. Unemployment is fine, but not 78 weeks + .. that is ridiculous. It's absurd. Quite honestly, it's pathetic.

dawnstar

Ohhh so the Fascist government dishes money out to the Oligarchs and we feel that to fix the situation, free money should be given to everyone? There is a reason why our government, economy and culture is failing .. we are lazy, ignorant, "gimmie gimmie gimmie" people.. we deserve what we get .. you say the Government gave plenty of money to the banks, well guess what, WE LET THEM.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Let them eat dandelions
Rob liquor stores
Steal copper.

Seriously a month or so ago someone shorted out an electrical sub-station and stripped out all the copper. They returned a few weeks later and stole the chain link fence around it.

I fear this may increase crime on the street level. Not really that many jobs left in this area other than low end department store work, fast food. Hopefully the economy hobbles along a few more months at least.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by iMacFanatic
reply to post by johnny2127

So reform unemployment when jobs are plentiful.

How about we extend unemployment benefits on the condition that we reform the system screening that they are in fact looking for work and not turning it down. Additionally, lets drug test them and make sure they aren't using taxpayer dollars on drugs.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

How about a rider that states that all insurance cannot be touched unless it is for UC?

How about making our gov requisite upon what it is supposed to be for!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

How about a rider that states that all insurance cannot be touched unless it is for UC?

Not sure what you mean by that. Our govt was set up to be a compassionate one, but not one in which it was govt's responsibility to care for people in bad situations. Originally, the intention was for churches and neighbors to help those in need. I can understand that it was expanded from there, but it really is not reasonable to expect that govt should support healthy, able bodied people for a year and a half on extended unemployment benefits. I am not saying that as a mean or uncaring person. But human nature is such that people can become lazy and apathetic if they do not need to be accountable for supporting themselves. The bad thing about it, is there are really those that need the help and are not lazy and apathetic, although many are. With that in mind, I think it is important that we take every step to insure that those drawing unemployment benefits are looking for work, taking it if offered, and not using taxpayer dollars for drugs. I feel like that should be something we could all agree on.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

How about a rider that states that all insurance cannot be touched unless it is for UC? Unemployment funds for unemployment ONLY!

What taxes are held for, is what they are used for!

I have been unemployed for 18 months now, not one dime collected by me!

We have to go back to the time of self sustaining families.

That is the problem. The gov has done everything in their power to destroy that.

I will help and have helped everyone that has asked me. We are the US citizens! The most charitable in the world!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

I bet they find the money for fannie or freddie, whichever one is currently begging for another bailout!!!

you're company's clients or customers probably ain't paying you because, well, they can't get the banks to let lose enough money for them to keep operating! And, I can't wait till all these retail outlets have the real estate ripped out from underneath them because they can't get the financiing!
It's only going to get worse. but, if america is going to be strong again, to be rebuilt again, it's going to need it's laborers and producers. quite frankly, we could survive with a few less wall street gerus, ceo's and the like....
we already don't have enough skilled laborers, they've been undervalued and cut down far too many times during the past few decades, everyone would rather go to business school and try for that great mba, and that million dollar yearly salary!

as far as us all getting off our butts and working....
well, is your company hiring?? the one I am working for has cut our hours down to part time, have two grown sons living at home, same story, their hours have been cut down to next to nothing. my husband, one of those skilled laborers, is just getting back to work, and he doesn't expect it to last long! where are the jobs that these people should be working at?
there's a safety net under that unemployment, called welfare, would you prefer all these unemployed people just drop down to that one instead?
the housing crash supposedly is what caused all this crap to come down the line anyways, so should we just say heck with it, and let the crash escalate even more, which is what will happen if we don't offer a hand to those that lose their jobs? that will only cause those "too big to fails" to fail more, need more handouts from our gov't, which ya, you might be one of the majority that disapproves of those actions, but guess what...it ain't going to matter if 100% disapprove of that one.....they will still do it!!
find the funding for this unemployment extension?? hey, I bet if anyone of us were to look through the budget in depth, we could find the money, and very few would miss anything if those things were cut. but, that would be like congress biting the hand that feeds them!! I bet this congressmen could have found a ton of money that could have been diverted....but, he didn't want to bite that hand either!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

ummm.....
I can't afford your stupid healthcare system, even with insurance.
I generally either live with the symptoms, or use herbal remedies to alleviate them.
quite frankly, some of those herbal rememdies, although perfectly legal, will trigger a positive drug test!
so, no, you won't see me taking one anytime in the near future.
my taxes are going to provide around 50% or more of the revenue that the healthcare system has coming in, and yet, I am left out in the cold! this gov't has no right to tell me what I can and cannot do to treat my own health problems....they have lost that right!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

ummm.....
I can't afford your stupid healthcare system, even with insurance.
I generally either live with the symptoms, or use herbal remedies to alleviate them.
quite frankly, some of those herbal rememdies, although perfectly legal, will trigger a positive drug test!
so, no, you won't see me taking one anytime in the near future.
my taxes are going to provide around 50% or more of the revenue that the healthcare system has coming in, and yet, I am left out in the cold! this gov't has no right to tell me what I can and cannot do to treat my own health problems....they have lost that right!

Obviously if you have all these health problems, you don't fall under the category of people who are 'healthy and able bodied' as I stated.

Also, out of curiosity, how are you saying you are left out in the cold with not getting unemployment, but then also talking about all the tax revenue you are providing? Sales tax doesn't go toward federal govt benefits. If you are unemployed you aren't playing much, if any in income tax. So how are you getting screwed? You aren't working, others are supporting you, and you refuse any conditions or strings for that money that is being given to you.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

ummm......ya know that great tax cut that obama gave us all.....
well, at least in our case, it appears that he wants it back!!!

I've been left out of the heathcare system...almost lost my ability to walk because of it...and yet, we owed the fine gov't money that year also!!

I have a foot that occasionally decides it doesn't want to function properly and has already caused me to fall and break an ankle, I crap blood at least once a week, probably because of a hernia that I've been living with for over a year. I had that scheduled to take care of before the crap hit the fan, but well, they insisted on doing a colonoscopy first (which showed no problem), so well, when I figure out how much that cost, and who paid what, and what I am left over to pay, I will see if I can afford the hernia...otherwise, well, let the bleeding go on! If you consider that abled bodied, go ahead...you don't get disablitlity without running up a ton of medical bills, so well, I can forget about that one!
I am a manual screenprinter, I push ink through a screen as many hour4s as the boss has work for me to work. I give those abdominal muscles a good workout pushing that ink!

like I said....they have known for at least a decade that the medicaide system hasn't helped all those out there in our country that has needed the help...they have picked and chose who should recieve the help, and or shouldn't.....and been taking money from those who they denied the help to provide medical services their neighbors. they have lost their right to control what I eat, what i drink, or anything else....

oh, and as far as my unemployment...lol....that's a laugh and a half!!
someone needs to look into how they are figuring out the partial unemployment! all the printers work the same hours basically, we all make the same amount. only some of us get nothing, some next to nothing, and other are getting just about full benefits!

the whole world functions like this...pick and chose your favorites, make sure they are taken care of and who cares about the rest....

I should go stand at a streetcorner and town and sell roachclips to those drug addicts that are getting free healthcare compliments of our taxmoney and medicaide!! bet I would make more money, and it would be tax free!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

This argument really highlights all the arguments, people are not worth the skin they're in and its not my problem.

I have read a couple of your comments and well.....either you are a miserable loner who enjoys pi$$ing people off just because you can....or you are under the age of 25 and still living with your parents, not ever having to fend for yourself....personally, I could care less.....but it is obvious you have not truly suffered in your life. Though I have my moments when I may THINK that people are not worth the skin they occupy...such as when I am stuck in an uncomfortable, loud, crowded train after a long, miserable day at work...but I SERIOUSLY don't think that way and certainly wouldn't so obviously show to the world what a complete waste of breath I am by arguing a point so thoughtlessly and stating something so obviously inhumane, (probably just to get a rise, eh?)....but...I AM wasting my time....in even pointing this out to someone who is so callous and cold in such an infantile way.....As has been stated to you already on this thread....I hope to see you soon in the "breadlines"....

(edited for angry comments)

[edit on 3/1/2010 by Cornczech]

[edit on 3/1/2010 by Cornczech]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Sorry to hear about your situation. You have my sincere sympathies. So I do not understand if you agree with my assertion that the system that verifies people are looking for work for those that are healthy and able bodied should be reformed, and that those receiving benefits should be drug tested? And for clarification, lets say its for illegal drugs and that your legal remedies would not give a false positive.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I was unemployed for 9 months, I currently work part time in a dead end job. I never took unemployment, and I never would .. I cannot see how it would ever assist ones station in life. It's an excuse, a crutch, and if you sit on it for to long you have no urgency to do something about your lot in life. Unemployment is fine, but not 78 weeks + .. that is ridiculous. It's absurd. Quite honestly, it's pathetic.

So instead of taking money that your former employer paid on your behalf. You chose to use what, your savings to pay the bills for that 9 months you were looking for a job? So you wasted that money, & gave it to the federal government.

I was let go off of a job once, I collected unemployment until I found a job. It helped keep me in my place and pay the utilities until I got my next job. Sure it's a dead end job, and I don't make as much working here as I did making unemployment. But it's a job, and I would rather work for a paycheck than live off of the system.

What I treated it was like compensation for looking for a job, that to me was my job, to find a job, and I did.

To some I can imagine they aren't looking for a job. But to others, I think that they are actually trying to find work. The attitude that people that take unemployment are somehow lazy is just wrong. It was a big blow to my self esteem. I hated walking around begging people for work. I hated turning in resume after resume, just to either not get any call at all, or when I did get an interview, I wasn't hired.

But without the help from the unemployment that I got, I would most likely have been homeless, and try and get a job when your homeless, it's not easy.

Not everyone that has been effected by this economy was thoughtful enough to have a 9 month reserve of funds to live off of if things went bad. Some people were living from paycheck to paycheck thinking that everything was going to be ok. They found out otherwise.

And you think that all these people are lazy? 30 million lazy deadbeats trying to live off of uncle sucker? I disagree, I think a large portion of these people are honestly trying to get a job, I think that they would take anything they could get at this point. But for example, here in Michigan, you can be competing against up to 3000 people for one job! How are your chances in that job market.

I know the conservative viewpoint is screw the poor. I understand that the conservative viewpoint is military first citizens last. In my opinion this is not the viewpoint the government needs to have, not right now. I figure if they can give 700 billion dollars to wall street, they can help out the citizens that were screwed over by those bankers.

But that's ok, now that they are going to cut these people off with no alternatives to rely on, I suppose that crime and armed robbery will go up. And that's good for the economy, maybe all the people that are going to be left out to dry are going to start robing people, end up in our already overcrowded jails and we can spend how much a year for them to be in prison?

Yes the conservative logic is infallible.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Keep your eyes open Freddy and Fanny want 15 billion lets see who votes for that!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join