It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'Alien Invader' Star Clusters Found in Milky Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm not really sure of the significance of this, but found it interesting and would like to see what some of the more educated users in this area had to say.

New 'Alien Invader' Star Clusters Found in Milky Way

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well, I'm not the most educated member here, but I'll put in my 2 cents worth.

Essentially what it means to have "alien invader" stars means that those stars are of other galaxies. There is also a new thought by scientists that there may be "as six dwarf galaxies yet to be discovered within the Milky Way rather than the two that were previously confirmed."

Now, to me, just at first look that is significant for a few reasons.

1. It makes it more likely that certain members of the periodic table did not originate in this galaxy, but perhaps in the galaxies of others. Which significant because we could then possibly say that without the interference of other galaxies, we might not exist.

2. On the more paranormal side, it could imply a higher likeliness of extraterrestrial life in our own galaxy. But, that's up for speculation of course.

Again, just what entered my mind, my friend.

The Protector

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Protector

Thanks for the reply. I find the time period they discuss the stars being absorbed by the Milky Way as just incomprehensible. A billion years...jeez. Spectacular is much too low key of a word to describe even our little galaxy, much less the universe.

new topics

join