It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New spiral over Northern Hemisphere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Not sure what to make of this, just posting for comments, etc. Looks interesting...hope this two-liner is ok...

www.ufo-blogger.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's a Russian Rocket!

It just looks like a pretty cool Aurora Borealis. No worries.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's just the aurora borealis... There was another thread about it already

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just to reiterate what's already been said, this looks to be aurora borealis. It's still very neat and cool to look at, but there really isn't anything peculiar about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Has anyone ever seen aurora in this configuration before?
I have never seen this kind of spiral aurora with a long line, just blobby splotches.

Quite structured for an aurora... is it not?
I mean it is not normal, so we might wanna give a little more thought to it.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

True that, it is very structured. However, it is aurora borealis. It comes in different shapes and sizes and colors, but it's still aurora boealis. Go on Google and type it in, my friend. You will see why we say what we do. If anything, perhaps this spiral shape that seems to be consistent with crop circles, cloud-like things in Norway or this aurora borealis means something.

What just popped into my mind is gravitational rotation. When you were a kid and you had science class, remember the foam figure with the sun in the middle and the planets at different positions around the sun demonstrating their rotation? Well that is similar to a spiral-like shape. Perhaps normal phenomenon are occurring, but look different because there is something on planet earth generating a gravitational field of it's own? Since neither aurora borealis or the cloud-like stuff the Norway spiral was made of isn't solid, that would explain a beginning and an end.. Keep in mind that this isn't my belief or me thinking very hard, this was an off-hand thought, a little speculation.

The Protector

[edit on 26-2-2010 by The Protector]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Aurora Borealis... again!

People, just STOP!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a2f697ce81.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think the earthquake lights seen today in chile only prove that the aurora effect can be created from different sources.

So I'm saying the aurora phenomenon is common as anything, however this configuration is a first as far as I know.

That gives reason for further investigation....or shall we just look the other way?

Thx...no

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
Aurora Borealis... again!

People, just STOP!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a2f697ce81.png[/atsimg]

Pretty quick to whip out that face palm Picard.
Got anything usefull to add?

new topics

top topics

join