It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Neo" leaks Banks Pay details to TV and Twitter 'Fourth Awakening People's Army'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

"Neo" leaks Banks Pay details to TV and Twitter 'Fourth Awakening People's Army'

news.bbc.co.uk

Latvian 'Robin Hood' hacker leaks bank details to TV
Riga
Latvia has been suffering in the global recession

An alleged hacker has been hailed as a latter-day Robin Hood for leaking data about the finances of banks and state-owned firms to Latvian TV.

Using the alias "Neo" - a reference to The Matrix films - the hacker claims he wants to expose those cashing in on the recession in Latvia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Using the nick "Neo" and "The Fourth Awakening Peoples Army" a hacker has accessed bank information and started making details of corporate Corruption public...

I applaud this guy and his efforts...

""...Secrecy is the keystone of all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy... censorship. When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know,' the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives." --Robert A. Heinlein, -If This Goes On"

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This was the only thread I could find on ATS, I wonder why it received so little attention. Here's a story where there is an elite group of individuals (politicians/CEO's etc.) who managed to preserve their wealth while normal folks lose out, uncovered and revealed by someone of the people.

Like many countries, Latvia is in an economic depression and is struggling to pay off debts. For example (as far as my understanding of Latvia goes) Latvia's largest bank Parex got bailed out, the lower wages were cut by management however Neo pointed out they did not cut their own wages. Just so he revealed police chiefs earned 6x the amount of normal police officers, a public energy company's manager kept on getting bonuses and a CEO still received a royal salary. All the while several schools and hospitals were being closed due to cuts.

Now it appears the hacker Neo has been traced a few days ago by the police and is subject to investigation. His name is Ilmars Poikans and he is a researcher in the field of artificial intelligence. It will be interesting to see how this case will develop.

www.presseurop.eu...
en.wikipedia.org...
His twitter account, doesn't seem updated and is in Latvian:
twitter.com...

[edit on 25/5/2010 by Dragonfly79]

join