Socialism is destroying Greece, Spain, Italy, Venezuela and America, to name a few

page: 2
7
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed
I agree with you but the reason I use small bites is that most people on internet sites will not read long monotonous posts and study charts. The world is awash with leftwing ideology because its cool and it is a rebellious attitude towards America mostly. People love to rebel it makes them feel like intellectuals.
No charts or mounds of words will change that.


Maybe I am reading this wrong... are you saying you intentionally set this thread up to bait people? I agree most people won't read long, dry, boring posts, but ATS, for the most part, isn't "most people". Try to remember what site you are on. We eat long well written and researched posts for breakfast!




posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Socialism didn't do mcuh to these countries.

If you want a culprit, try looking at the gambling form of capitalism espoused by the likes of Goldman-Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Enron, and Bernie Madoff.

You can't keep selling and reselling future productivity for ever-higher prices; sooner or later you actually have to wait for the crop to mature, the trees to get big enough to harvest, the car to be built and sold.

But the banksters and gamblers on Wall Street aren't willing to wait for anything to mature: they are Easter Islanders writ large, and will bring us all down with them, far too willing to cut the very last tree down so they can profit today.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by apacheman]


well said...im sending a link which make those countries national debt look like nothing in comparison to US Air castle...Read the link and cry or laugh both are possible...

AIR CASTLE OF US



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Sweden suffers from a lot of social issues thanks to decades of socialism. 46%, almost half of all households in Sweden, are lonely households. Teenage depression, promiscuity, alcohol and drug abuse, and other social problems are growing fast. Our police only solves strikingly six percent of all heavy crime. We have huge segregation issues, both class- and race-related, but cultural discussion is stigmatized and the youth feels lost and confused. It's a barrern socialist landscape harvested over decades thanks to government nannying, break down of traditional family values, and lack of cultural backbone.

In short, Sweden is a highly advanced civilization, probably among the most civilized nations of the world today in terms of technology, economics, bureaucracy and trend-following, but it's also a socially self-destructive, empty place where people are reduced to mechanic robots in a system no one knows who or what controls it anymore. America is hardly going to transform to Sweden anytime soon, with or without Obama. In fact, the fact that American Conservatives call Obama a Fascist simply because he allows a few company take-overs and tax increases, just goes to show that Americans truly don't know what it means to live in a Scandinavian-style society. Maybe the two systems have got their individual charms. Both, interestingly, show symptoms of slowly coming to an end.

It's why I left.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OddTimeSignature

Originally posted by apacheman
Socialism didn't do mcuh to these countries.

If you want a culprit, try looking at the gambling form of capitalism espoused by the likes of Goldman-Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Enron, and Bernie Madoff.

You can't keep selling and reselling future productivity for ever-higher prices; sooner or later you actually have to wait for the crop to mature, the trees to get big enough to harvest, the car to be built and sold.

But the banksters and gamblers on Wall Street aren't willing to wait for anything to mature: they are Easter Islanders writ large, and will bring us all down with them, far too willing to cut the very last tree down so they can profit today.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by apacheman]


well said...im sending a link which make those countries national debt look like nothing in comparison to US Air castle...Read the link and cry or laugh both are possible...

AIR CASTLE OF US


America didn't have that problem until we became Socialist back in 2006 when we gave control of the congress to the democrats and they began over taxing Corporations and forcing many companies to go under. The housing demise soon followed and took down the banking industy and the rest is history. We voted for change and now we got to live with the change.
what's the beef?

[edit on 26-2-2010 by gdeed]



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
Sweden suffers from a lot of social issues thanks to decades of socialism. 46%, almost half of all households in Sweden, are lonely households. Teenage depression, promiscuity, alcohol and drug abuse, and other social problems are growing fast. Our police only solves strikingly six percent of all heavy crime. We have huge segregation issues, both class- and race-related, but cultural discussion is stigmatized and the youth feels lost and confused. It's a barrern socialist landscape harvested over decades thanks to government nannying, break down of traditional family values, and lack of cultural backbone.

In short, Sweden is a highly advanced civilization, probably among the most civilized nations of the world today in terms of technology, economics, bureaucracy and trend-following, but it's also a socially self-destructive, empty place where people are reduced to mechanic robots in a system no one knows who or what controls it anymore. America is hardly going to transform to Sweden anytime soon, with or without Obama. In fact, the fact that American Conservatives call Obama a Fascist simply because he allows a few company take-overs and tax increases, just goes to show that Americans truly don't know what it means to live in a Scandinavian-style society. Maybe the two systems have got their individual charms. Both, interestingly, show symptoms of slowly coming to an end.

It's why I left.


You are so right here, but the ultra non-left ""selfprofit if you are a congressman"" way in US Is killing them...



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well America is still living off the effects of Mr. Bush and his economic policies. We wont feel any pain from Obama for another year or so. Not to mention he can't get anything passed through congress so can't blame it on things that don't happen.

For all intense and purpose this economy is a Republican economy.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed

The people have voted for change and they seem to be getting change. But not much change left in their pockets. Money is the root of all evil.
But money sure comes in handy when buying food, clothing and shelter. An over regulated not so free enterprise system as Socialism is doesn’t seem to be working very well, just look at the huge unemployment numbers in those countries.


So you basically don't know anything about socialism, the countries in question, or even how economics works?

Grats on inflammatory post catching you flags and stars though



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Well America is still living off the effects of Mr. Bush and his economic policies. We wont feel any pain from Obama for another year or so. Not to mention he can't get anything passed through congress so can't blame it on things that don't happen.

For all intense and purpose this economy is a Republican economy.




This economy is a democrat economy and started in 2006 when we elected a majority of democrats into office. Their policies caused the demise of industry which cause loss of jobs, loss of homes and the banks to fail. Obama has pick up the ball given to him by his fellow democrats who dropped the economic ball. Obama's policies are so bad that many in his own party are not sure about voting for them. The democrats own Washington and they can't get their own stuff out? That sure says a lot about them.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Unfettered capitalism without regulation is what has destroyed economies of late. A socialist government with a capitalist economy actually seems to work quite well, though I am no expert. I think if you look at the countries that encourage their economies while acknowledging that not everybody in society can or will be a millionaire, you'll see some fairly successful experiments. Sweden comes to mind here.

There is no *ism that is a panacea for the worlds problems. What I feel is obvious is that nothing to date has been perfect - it always seems to end up going to one extreme or the other - communism and capitalism have both failed. Like anything in life, when you do things to extremes the outcome generally isn't very good.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snappahead
Unfettered capitalism without regulation is what has destroyed economies of late. A socialist government with a capitalist economy actually seems to work quite well, though I am no expert. I think if you look at the countries that encourage their economies while acknowledging that not everybody in society can or will be a millionaire, you'll see some fairly successful experiments. Sweden comes to mind here.

There is no *ism that is a panacea for the worlds problems. What I feel is obvious is that nothing to date has been perfect - it always seems to end up going to one extreme or the other - communism and capitalism have both failed. Like anything in life, when you do things to extremes the outcome generally isn't very good.


great thinking and well said...



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo
 




Exactly.. Capitalism damaged these countries.. Not Socialism. How blind can people be to believe the nonsense that socialism is the cause of the massive market short sell?? Big business propaganda currently screams about how socialism is the root of the problems in order to shrug off the blame.. Simple as.


In theory, lets go to a brief summary of what socialism is: Administrative-politic-economic-social model where the government seizes all private capital, controls all the ways of production, redistribute income equally, eliminating social classes, provide jobs and public services, to entire population, such as housing, health care, education, etc., etc... After these stages, the model shall self-turn into Communism.

WHAT A F*CKING LIE!!!!!!!!!!! First off, the Socialism, was a plot created by Russian ILLUMINATI FREEMASONS, Stalin, Lenin and Marx, to setup a opposite model to face the Capitalism, seeking a POINT OF CONFLICT that should, in certain point, to lead two antagonistic blocs to a global war that should destroy both. In this point of no return, the Illuminati Freemasonry should create a THEOCRATIC MODEL OF GOVERNMENT. Unnecessary mention WHO is the "God" of Freemasonry. And YES, Stalin, Lenin and Marx weren't atheists, they were FREEMASONS.

The plot behind socialism is inputted in the "Protocols of the Wise-man of Zion", as one of the steps to set up the NWO.

Lets get outta theory and lets go to practice, the REAL WORLD: ALL NATIONS, I said ALL NATIONS where the Socialism was set up as model of government, are F*CKED!!! PERIOD!!! The former Soviet bloc, is composed by miserable countries, economically busted, socially delayed and politically oppressed by the military power of Russia. PERIOD!! The Asian bloc, with exception of China, that got open to Capitalism, is bizarre. The Vietnam was DEVASTATED by a war, that should be the STAGE, THE TESTING about what should be done with entire world. The North-Korea is the HELL. People got miserable, hungry to support the military program of Kin Jon dynasty.
Lets jump to Latin America, where I live: Cuba??? Fidel Castro, Che Guevara and their mercs, didn't ANY F*CKING REVOLUTION!! They were oligarch warlords, that used the PROPAGANDA OF SOCIALISM, to STEAL the Cuban richness, the profits from agricultural production, mining, exporting. The Cuban people have SH*T. With US block, they got in the edge. The people became completely miserable, but the Cuban Government Oligarch have accounts in Bahamas and Caiman Islands, to keep billions, trillions of dollar. Lets get down Southern....
In South America, Hugo Chaves is leading a "new-socialist revolution" named "Bolivarianism". BULLSH*T!!! Hugo Chaves is a partner of coc aine-dealing-capitalism. There's a massive industry of coc aine in South America behind the SOCIALIST PROPAGANDA. The Team: Chaves, Evo Morales, Cristina Kirchner, Lula, the former president of Honduras, Zelaya, Correa from Equador and others, are OLIGARCHS. They STEAL the profits of mining industry, oil industry, the money of PUBLIC TAXES, all source of private capital. They have accounts in Bahamas bank paradises, private planes and mansions in Miami. Hugo Chavez has a fleet of private jets used by the coc aine cartels of the Evo Morales cousins. The South American people... There's no "socialist revolution", just CRUMBS trough bogus social programs and MUCH, MUCH liar propaganda. The NARCO-CAPITALISM rules South America.

I can't talk about Italy and Spain, mentioned as "socialist nations" 'cos I doubt they are. Seems a mistake in the opening of the thread.

However, these comments made by people that defends Socialism, SICKS ME OFF. These people don't know SH*T about what happens in Socialist countries. WTF??? Get the TRUE FACTS STRAIGHTLY, before say this load of crap.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by ucalien]



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Socialism and Capitalism are both flawed systems on their own.

Only the human a


Combine them ! Take the good and positive part of both and you will end up
The safety and trust for always recieving aide.

The experience to grow and rise up and shine.



Socialism was and is not ever a system for commanding people how to live. On the contrary


Life isn't all black or white



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Even the thickest of heads could see early on that anything beyound a basic saftey net was a burden.

So some wise guy came to understand that the guts could be cut out of any nation by its, socialism, ways. Not only economicaly but at all other building blocks of a culture.

Many dont know that even at the founding of the US the idea of public taxation to insure a sort of basic safety net was presented by some. Hamilton call the idea "the vapors of a melancholy mind".





[edit on 26-2-2010 by Logarock]



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Norway is Socialist and is doing very well. Stick that in your uninformed and brainwashed pipe and smoke it.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien

However, these comments made by people that defends Socialism, SICKS ME OFF. These people don't know SH*T about what happens in Socialist countries. WTF??? Get the TRUE FACTS STRAIGHTLY, before say this load of crap.


The socialists love their fairytails. I wish socialism was the way to go but without a good and free dose of Capitalism to hold it up Socialism is poverty ville. Socialism only works if it can feed off of a solid Capitalism base. The problem is many socialists hate Capitalism.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
Norway is Socialist and is doing very well. Stick that in your uninformed and brainwashed pipe and smoke it.


Where do they get their money? From trees?
stick that in your uninformed brainwashed pipe and smoke it.


Socialist get their money from Capitalism. Socialism doesn't create any money they only spend what the Capitalist make for them. Socialists only create buracracy, which stifles Capitalism.


[edit on 26-2-2010 by gdeed]



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Yes,I am befuddled by all those posting the evils of a capitalist society, namely the U.S. and the virtues of socialism.

What they don't or won't comprehend it the one fact.

ALL of the technological advances of the last 60 years that has allowed this world to get to the point it is today,had its beginnings here,mostly from somebody attempting to create something that would become a business.

Every other country, that didn't enjoy capitalistic principles,resorted to espionage to get the knowledge that we had.

Socialism depresses the human soul.Ever see pictures of people smiling in the eastern bloc countries?

If you did they were probably drunk.

The Soviets knew that if the NATO forces ever attacked through the eastern bloc nations the people of those countries would not fight back.

One of the reasons there were Soviet forces stationed there.

Socialism where you can be only what they want you to be.

"The American people do not know what is good for them."
A quote from The Hive Queen,Nancy Pelosi.


Great post. If you do not know the roots of Marxist, Bolshevik , Communist, Zionism, then you must prepare for another round of that crap in all Christian wealthy countries.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla
 



Norway. Now there is some fine smoke.


I just love the way yous toss out an example like this. This is nothing new to me. The good ol "norway model". The whole world will be burning down and they will still be pointing to Norway.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by rizla
 



Norway. Now there is some fine smoke.


I just love the way yous toss out an example like this. This is nothing new to me. The good ol "norway model". The whole world will be burning down and they will still be pointing to Norway.


The reality of this is that the multiculturalism is nil.
Is it not Norwegians for Norwegians?



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What I notice is nations with a combination of capitalism and socialism are the best deal available.

I think so to !
I've seen our socialist fundamental seen disappearing all within my lifetime.

My nation pays more taxes every year. Yet they only have broken down our ways of being taken care of. When we can no longer work.

Believe me when I say it has not been for the best !!

What is totaly undeniable stupidity is.
We are stripped of our hard work earnings, our rights and certainties in life.

We are however watched all the time The main task of the police is ticket writing . Don't try and report a burglary or theft. You will not get any help.
We are also guilty now and any suspected felony you must proof you did not do it.

Than their are the people who think they know what''s best.
I got the idea people get more stupid, naive and intolerable.

Society has changed. Yet people have not.

Please show some respect to each other ?





new topics
top topics
 
7
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join