It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Draft laws concerning the emission of CO2 by human beings presented to government today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It is proposed that with effect from 01/01/2012 all citizens over the age of nine years shall be required to wear a carbon metering mask at all times when outside the environment of their own personal domicile.

It will be further enacted that to be in a public place outside the environment of their own domicile and not in possession of a carbon metering mask that is being worn in the proscribed manner shall be an offence under the Clean Air Act 2011 section 6 Reduction of Pollution by Hazardous Greenhouse Gases. Any person observed perpetrating this crime shall be summarily guilty of the offence and liable to a fine of not less than 1000 Euro/Amero for the first offence, 5000 Euro/Amero for the second offence and consideration will be given to the termination of respiration rights for a third offence.

Carbon metering masks shall be replaced daily and the mask delivered to the Carbon Assessment Centres that will be set up at a frequency of not less than weekly. Each mask bearing the wearers Carbon License number shall then be assessed for metered Carbon Dioxide contamination and the level of charge for subsequent masks shall be based upon the highest level of contamination that a wearer has reached. Tampering with Carbon metering masks or failure to submit masks for analysis weekly shall be punishable by a minimum fine of 5000 Euro/Amero for the first offence and culminating in the consideration of the suspension of respiration rights for repeat offenders.

All domiciles shall be maintained in an airtight condition and carbon metering equipment shall be installed and functional at all times. Suitable approved airlock entry/exit systems shall be installed that prevent the egress of Carbon Dioxide contaminants from the domicile to the atmosphere and permit filtering to isolate anthropogenic carbon dioxide for submissions to the environmental tax authorities. In the event of a temporary failure of carbon metering equipment the occupants of a domicile so affected who are over the age of nine years shall immediately commence wearing their carbon metering masks and shall continue to do so until the metering equipment has been restored to functional order. The error logging and notification equipment records shall be considered final at all times and shall have precedence in carbon tax evasion matters.

Places of work shall be treated as if they were private domiciles provided the employer has installed carbon metering equipment and the building is airtight and makes the appropriate deductions for carbon tax from each employee. If carbon metering equipment is not installed the place of work shall be treated as a public place and carbon metering masks shall be worn at all times.

Members of Environmental Protection Agencies or Environmental Taxation Authorities shall be exempted from the requirements of the Act whilst in the employ of the appropriate Agency or Authority. It is further proposed that these exemptions be extended to politicians holding a seat in government and certain other classes of exemption may be determined as required and upon the payment of an appropriate annual exemption fee.

Is this our future?

[edit on 26/2/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

source?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Is this you making it up?

That kind of future would kill my lungs!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus

source?

Er, my head?
This is my vision of the future - maybe - if we don't do something about it.

Perhaps there were not enough
's at the end for you?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I reckon this will be relocated to skunk works...before it freaks people out as being "real".

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I submit methane monitoring sphincter rings, after all methane is 10x more damaging to the environment.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Oh im so sorry the title looked alot like a headline! haha i feel like a jerk now. sorry bout that bud!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Hey. no problem. I should have made it clearer.

join