It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selling your soul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What is it?...lol i hear lots of crap about selling your soul to get famous...is this real? even if it is..why would anyone want to sell their soul and go to hell for??.....

is it bad if i listen to Black Label society?? (its a metal band)...i shouldnt listen to jay-z ?? whats with this? .can somebody please clear this up for me

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Noobastronomer]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

BAPHOMITES------+ is a real entity. As far as selling your soul to achieve financial happiness or power IT IS A REAL THING. Many just when posting them souls for sale do not know how serious of an issue it really is.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
No it's not real, because souls and deities do not exist. To me it's more metaphorical...abandoning your values/morals for material gain and how this can negatively effect you as a person and also the world as whole if society starts valuing money over morality.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Exactly. It's a figurative phrase.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
so if someone in the music industry sold their soul and if we listen to their songs is it bad??..lol

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Whether or not we even have a soul at all is debatable.

Hell is a fairy tale place for the uneducated gullible folks to be scared of. The original meaning of the word was twisted into a fairy tale place that only the blind still believe actually exists.

Listen to whatever music makes you happy as long as you are not hurting anyone.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

There is no way to sell your soul. First of all its debatable whether a soul even exists and even if it is agreed upon that we all have souls we still don't know what they are. Some believe they are ethereal energy, electromagnetic charge, consciousness or part of the brain. I tend to believe the latter, that the soul is just a term we use for that deepest emotional center of the brain, the one responsible for spiritual experiences and such.

So unless your carving out part of your brain it'd be hard to sell your soul.

And no a Metal band will not harm your soul, trust me I'm living proof of that (horns up anyone?). Jay-Z won't either, though listening to much rap might melt certain parts of your brain I doubt it will hurt the soul

If you talk to a religious person you'll get one of two main answers, the first answer is that God technically owns all souls and so you can't sell it to begin with. The other answer is that yes you can sell your soul to Satan but only with direct contact with him in some sort of Faustian pact.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noobastronomer
so if someone in the music industry sold their soul and if we listen to their songs is it bad??..lol

It's exactly the same as saying someone in the music industry is a sell-out.

Imaging a band, who originally played for the fun of it, their music full of feeling and hidden meanings about love, life and possibly self deprecation.

Now imaging that same band, 3 allbums down the line, all with drug habits, touring the world and only playing because they're getting paid millions for it. Their music has lost it's life, it's subtle undertones and it's raw edge and it's now being produced by Geffen records in Hollywood, instead of the guys that originally got you there.

That is selling your soul for music.

Is it right to listen to it? Use your own morality on that one my friend.

[Edit to add]

Hell yeah \m/ Giving the horns dude!!

[edit on 26-2-2010 by nik1halo]

[edit on 26-2-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thanks alot for the reply guys....

but take a look at this video for a second

www.youtube.com...

its straight up evil....lol....and if there is evil in this world and no god to save us ... what exactly is "GOOD"?

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Noobastronomer]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Marilyn Manson is a saint compared to many others in the music industry.

That video isn't evil. It's kind of lame actually.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
To be honest if you believe in something such as that I feel sorry for you...

If someone wanted to sell their soul... I would gladly buy it for nothing and give them nothing in return because that is what they would be worth to the world!

It is a metaphor like people said above me!

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Freq Of Nature]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Music is a gift from God .

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Freq Of Nature

umm dude people dont sell their souls to other ppl...they sell it to the satan in return for success,fame, money etc.... well thats what ive heard

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Selling the soul.....keeping the mouth shut or overlooking truth for some other consideration. Allowing yourself to be raped in prison for protection and smokes.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There are actually quite a few threads on this subject already. It approaches it from many different points. Here are a couple:

How to sell your soul

Sell your soul online

Thinking about selling my soul

What it is really depends on you and your point(s) of view towards God (or gods), the devil, etc.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I know haha...

Im not an idiot? (Only on weekends)

but I was trying to be funny but obviously my dry humour doesn't amuse!

relating back to the thread, I feel that the third post says it all to be honest!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
selling what you have come to know as what constitutes yourself.im sure if people were able to actually buy it it would be bad if the person who sold it couldnt have it back.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

WEll marilyn is just a pale imitation of ALice Cooper and Ozzy Ozbourne. At least Jimmy page did follow Crowley...

Good is out there but perhaps is argueably less vociferous.

T

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
BLS is not bad!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afeb5bc190fa.jpg[/atsimg]

In fact Zakk & Co. rock the house

If interested here are some of the things people would sell their soul for.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
To the best of my knowledge selling your soul is just a folk tale, if there's more to it than that sign me up... although I've heard of people selling them on ebay.

The most famous legend of this is Robert Johnson, who allegedly sold his soul to the devil to be a bad-ass guitarist, one way or another Robert Johnson is truly amazing and as we all know the devil has the best tunes.

en.wikipedia.org...

Dammit, I was looking for the Simpsons where Bart sells his soul, but it's unavailable on youtube

www.dpjs.co.uk...

Answer 1.2 worked best for me

Edit to add:

Marilyn Manson's only real act of evil is being fairly mundane and generally lowering the standards... although not a bad covers artist, just his original material bores me.

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Baphomet - the goat head symbol.

[edit on 26/2/1010 by jokei]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join