It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP sources: NY Gov. Paterson won't seek new term

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Democratic officials are telling The Associated Press that New York Gov. David Paterson is not seeking election.

Democratic officials in Washington were informed of Paterson's plans early Friday. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because Paterson had not publicly disclosed his plans.

Paterson formally announced his campaign just days ago but faced mounting calls to drop out of the race in the midst of controversy. A top aide is ensnared in a domestic-violence scandal and the governor was finding dwindling support in his own party.

hosted.ap.org...

Paterson was the subject of a NYT story exposing his complicity in the cover-up and quashing of assault charges against his assistant. He was said to have personally intervened to get the complainant, the assistant's girlfriend, to drop her charges and actions seeking protection from him.

The chief of the State Police, Paterson's bodyguards, resigned yesterday due to their involvement in the hush-up conspiracy against the battered woman.

Paterson succeeded former Gov. Eliot Spitzer, who was forced to resign following revelations that he'd engaged in a long-running relationship with a prostitute.

jw

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well, the guy is a train wreck but damn I hate when the PTB get what they want. He's been under a constant onslaught since Spitzer resigned. It kind of makes you wonder who's been warming up on the sidelines...I'm sure whoever it is will be friendly to Wall St...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Power corrupts. They could most likely dig dirt on anyone but since it's NY it gets more coverage than anywhere else.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

The man that Paterson called on (half-heartedly) to investigate the claims that brought him down is Andrew Cuomo, the NY A.G.

Cuomo was also the front-runner in the upcoming election for Gov. and would've faced the man he's investigating in the primary!

Curiouser and curiouser?

jw

[edit on 26-2-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
personally im really glad paterson is out of this race, hes an ass that has no clue what hes doing and hes really doing nothing more then pissing new yorkers off

i dont know a single person that wants him

with that said, i dont know anyone that wants any of the other choices either

new york is in for a real shakeup if the next government isnt heads and shoulders above what we just had with paterson

people are getting pissed here in ny, and not the people you would expect to be getting pissed, im talking about your everyday law abiding citizen

if they keep getting ignored and if they keep having crap forced on them that they dont want, theres going to be severe backlash here

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

I wrote NY off 2 years ago when I saw how its people treated conservative marches to threats and rude exclamations.

I don't know if Cuomo will be any better than Paterson, Spitzer or any of their predecessors. Does any legitimate Republican even want the job?

Maybe we could give it back to the Native Americans. We'll need the blankets and shells.

jw

top topics

join