The Political Madness Forum Is Not For Partisan Debate!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I appreciate this thread after watching several cable news stations today. (CNN,FOX,MSNBC) to discover that they're all tossing barbs at each other as if a movement is starting up within the industry to discredit their coverage of global and political as well as economic news. Its the darn spooky to see under our freedom of speech. The natives are getting restless.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I want to bump this thread to remind everyone that this "Political Madness" forum is not intended for rhetoric-infused criticisms of political ideology not your own.

This forum is for the discussion of the very-real conspiracy related to maintaining an us-vs-them artificial mentality in US and global political systems.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

O.K. You vote them out and you say you do it yourself but in this analysis you have only identified the problem(the bickering) and not the cause. Why are they bickering? Is it only because their ideologies are so diametrically apposed? I remember when republicans and democrats did work in a bipartisan way. What is so different? Eisenhower talked about the "Military Industrial Complex" This relationship between the super rich and our political leaders has to be a huge driving force. This corrosive influence to our democracy affects all three branches of our government. I offer the "Citizens United Decision" as a case in point. For those who may not be familiar with this, recently the United States Supreme Court decided by a five to four decision that corp[orations should be viewed as people. With this personhood they should have first amendment rights yet corporations can't speak and the first amendment deal with"Free Speech". So trhey decided that the corporate voice should come from their financial capabilities. And since you can not limit "Free Speech" then you can not limit the amount of money a corporation can spend on political ads. Well this is great! It seems that democracy will work great for those who have the greatest sway over our politicians and after all you've got your one vote, there's your "Free Speech"..You can write your senator or congressman and tell them all about your concerns but a corporation has paid lobiest who influence in a much more potent way. So the problem isn't their bickering it's why they seem to be bickering and what can we do about it. What if all Americans gave up their partisan identities, I mean for real, and then with this new found freedom we all decided to push our politician for government sponcered elections. No corporates or private funds at all. And since the airways belong to US and not to the broadcasters then they(the broadcasters) as a public service should televise debates for free. If then when all Americans jumped off the two party band wagon, maybe then we could get a third party candidate elected who hasn't been defiled by the power elite. I know many of you think you have saviors in the current third party candidates but ask yourselves this, Could you resist the power elites influence? hen how could anyone do that? The problem isn't with who we elect it's with the system itself.

Peace and Blessings
Richc

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

Do you remember the famed lawyer Jery Spence, the one who represented Randy Weaver. Well he wrote a book entitled Give Me Liberty and in it he describes what he calls a "Pancake Democracy" In his pancake democracy he describes actually as you do (selecting our representitives via a pool similiar to a jury selection process) But the flaw with a system like that as I see it, is who selects. How long does the selecting body stay empowered to perform their function? On what cryteria would the selections be made? How lond would the selected congressman/senators be in office.

I don't know I have to admit I like our form of governement if it was truly of, by and for the people. It's not our political system that's at fault it's what's outside that pervades into it, that is the problem. A totally Government sponcered election process which bars all other funding and forms of influence. Term limits for all elected and appointed officials. Note, Life tenure for Supreme Court Justices??? No I don't think so. Think about this, what if someone gets so old and senile, how much damage could they do before the wheels kick in to remove them from the bench? I don't know the rationale for life tenure but it seems to me it is more prudent for term for limits on the stay on the bench.
Adios
Richc

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

You have interesting points and I THANK YOU FOR SHARING THEM WITH US. I see you identify yourself with the "Tea Party" I assume that is because you are fed up with the two choices which are really one that our electoral process offers us. You spoke of the Bush Patriot act and ask, I why hasn't Obama gotten rid of it? Is two really two. I have to ask myself, why do we really only have one choice? I can only see one answer. There is a very not so insideous force at work. Look at the "Citizen's United Decision" which the Supreme Court recently handed down. They call a corporation a person and gave it rights under the constitution. Namely the "First Amemdment" "Freedom of Speech" and since a corporation can't speek except through it's ability using it's funds and "Free Speech" should not be limited except in certain extremem cases then we can not limit the amount of money a corporation can spend for political advertising etc. Oh that all pervasive insideous force has it's tenticles even in the Supreme Court. Now do you really think your Tea Party Candidate or any Candidate or any human can stand up to that? Do you really want your governement back. Jesus said it best" The love of money is the root of all evil" . Before we deside who is going to Washington we have to first clean up the mess. It's not going to be easy, there are powerful forces at work. But until we atleast have government sponcered and funded elections, then how can we expect anyone to be able to represent us?
Peace and Blessings
Richc

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for clearing this up.

There's simply too much fake partisan debate cluttering this forum, mainly from truthers/birthers/foxers and their counterparts on the left as well.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by richc

Did you read the post from SkepticOverlord?

This isn't a forum for partisan debate.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
How do I remove the Political Madness Forum from my Recent Posts display? Is that still possible?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
edit on 30-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: NVM, post answered

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Understand that mankind's attempt to rule himself is over. Soon four billion people will be dead. America will be reduced worse than nazi Germany in 1945. No one on this site fully understands just how deep the infection is in the western world.

The families that rule our world are the same families that was in control of the Pax Romana.

The reasons are complex for the "children" to understand they survive on sound bites when they need full books to bring them up to "adult level".

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Somehow I hear the White house in another thread saying, "We need to know who you are so please follow the Rules on ATS"! LOL

Too funny! Don't they know?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
[
edit on 6-8-2011 by KonigKaos because: WRONG THREAD DELETED

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Who Really Controls The World? To find out log on to www.fredcelani.wordpress.com
[1] Is Fox News currently acting as an Intelligence Agency for the United States?
[2] Is Fox News currently involved in a plot to overthrow the current Iranian Theocracy?
[3] Is Fox News currently involved in the destruction of Israel?
[4] Did George Bush move $120 Million Dollars between 2001 to 2008 to Iranian Interests to secure oil and mineral rights?
[5] Did George Bush and Condoleezza Rice from 2001 to 2008 engage in an intelligence operation to take over Iranian Oil with members of the Pahlavi Family
[6] Did the Joint Terrorism Task Force in New York City run a secret law firm in Manhattan to create terrorism cases in State and Federal Prisons?
[7] Did the FBI and DOJ violate the rights of hundreds of Black and Latino prisoners by taking their money via a fake Government run law firm and then abandoning the Black and Latino clients and obstructing justice in their cases?
[8] Did high ranking members of the Bush Administration and UN meet at the CFR and state that they would "WIPE THEIR ASS" with Muhammad?
[9] Did Rick Perry, the Governor of Texas engage in covering up George Bush's wrongs?
[10] Why is the media avoiding telling these facts?
Go to www.fredcelani.wordpress.com to find out the answers to all these questions. You can effect the outcome of these events as the trial in this federal case has yet to take place. Write the judge in this case and tell him to put all the facts on the table. Demonstrate at the courthouse in Central Islip New York. Tell the government you are sick and tired of a small group of elitists running America into the ground. Log on to www.fredcelani.wordpress.com
Contact Fred celani by writing fredcelani@lavabit.com -or- Jcneville@optonline.net (My Attorney)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Why Are We Baiting the Bear?

Is the Senate trying to reignite the Cold War?

If so, it is going about it the right way.

Before departing for a five-week vacation, the Senate voted to declare Abkhazia and South Ossetia to be provinces of Georgia illegally occupied by Russian troops who must get out and return to Russia.

The Senate voice vote was unanimous.

What is wrong with Senate Resolution 175?

Just this. Neither Abkhazia nor South Ossetia has been under Georgian control for 20 years. When Georgia seceded from Russia, these ethnic enclaves rebelled and seceded from Georgia.

Abkhazians and Ossetians both view the Tblisi regime of Mikhail Saakashvili, though a favorite of Washington, with contempt, and both have lately declared formal independence.

Who are we to demand that they return to the rule of Tblisi?

In co-sponsoring S.R. 175, Sen. Lindsey Graham contended that "Russia's invasion of Georgian land in 2008 was an act of aggression, not only to Georgia but to all new democracies."

This is neocon propaganda. Russian troops are in those enclaves because in August 2008 Georgia invaded South Ossetia to re-annex it, and killed and wounded scores of Russian peacekeepers. Tblisi's invasion brought the Russian army on the run, which threw the Georgians out and occupied slices of Georgia itself.

While the Russian troops withdrew from Georgian territory, they remained in Abkhazia and South Ossetia as a deterrent to Saakashvili, whose agents have been working Capitol Hill to push the United States into a confrontation with Russia on Georgia's side.

S.R. 175, the work of Graham and Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, declares it to be U.S. policy "to recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia as regions of Georgia occupied by the Russian Federation." But the Russians are far more welcome there than are the Georgians.

Twice the Georgians have been expelled by force. Both times, Ossetians and Abkhazians helped throw them out. Why are we demanding that the Georgians be permitted to march back in and re-impose an alien rule that clearly is detested by these people? Is this the American spirit of '76?

When the Senate says "regions of Georgia" are "occupied," it implies that Russia seized the territories. But as a European Union investigation has confirmed, the 2008 war began with the Georgian invasion of South Ossetia.

And what business is all of this of the United States'?

Why are we provoking a Russia for whom the Caucasus — ablaze as it is with secessionism, Islamism and terrorism — is a vital national interest?

Going on across this inflamed region are ethno-national struggles for self-determination, the resolution of which, 6,000 miles from the United States, is none of our concern. How would Abraham Lincoln have reacted had Czar Alexander II declared the Russian Empire was recognizing the independence of Virginia and demanding that the breakaway enclave of West Virginia be returned to Richmond?

Can we not see how hypocritical we appear?

When Kosovo, birthplace of Serbia, was being torn away by Albanian Muslims — and Serbs were fighting to hold on — Bill Clinton ordered Serbia bombed for 78 days and sent U.S. troops to occupy the breakaway province and plant a U.S. base there, Camp Bondsteel.

When we recognized Kosovo as independent, Russia recognized Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Is there not a certain symmetry here? And do we not have enough on our plate in Libya, Iraq, Yemen, Somalia, Afghanistan and Pakistan not to be telling Russians how they should behave in lands closer to them than Grenada or Cuba is to us?

The Russian city of Sochi on the Black Sea, which is to host the 2014 Winter Olympics, is as close to Abkhazia as Dulles Airport is to Washington, D.C.

East of Sochi lie Ingushetia and Dagestan, targets of terrorist attacks by Islamists seeking to create a caliphate. Moscow's subways and Domodedovo Airport have been hit by terrorist bombs out of the Caucasus. In the airport attack, 35 were killed and 100 injured.

President Dmitry Medvedev, who has been friendly to the United States and gave the order to Russia's army to reverse the Georgia invasion, describes the Caucasus as the greatest threat Russia faces.

Why are we siding with Georgia, a nation of 5 million, against a Russia that seems to be on the side of self-determination? And when we recall how JFK and Ronald Reagan reacted when Russians were meddling in Cuba and Central America, can we not understand their resentment?

Medvedev believes that Saakashvili launched his 2008 attack after a visit by Condoleezza Rice, during which he may have been flashed a green light. Russia's foreign minister believes that the Senate resolution backing Georgia has created a "revanchist mood" in Tblisi.

If there is another invasion of Georgia and a new war, the U.S. Senate will not be without major moral responsibility. Is there to be no end to this country's meddling in other nations' quarrels and wars?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
politics are gone and totally controlled.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Well I would say the truth is (WE ARE ALL AT FAULT) yes, we keep voting these arch criminals into office and expect things to change! We know there is little acountability. Politicains work for corporate America, therfore they will never allow into office a free thinking man that does not have corporate America as his first master. I objetc by refusing to vote and be a party the the endless circle. i have ben called (unamerican) and its your duty to vote! Think about it. I can remember all the way back to lydon Johnson, what a collosal liar he was! As well as all the rest of them. We the public have no chance at a government that is concerned about managing or prosperity, you know? thier number one job? Just listen to them ! They willtell you time and again that is their greatest concern. Now when nothing but bad happens and things get worse all they do is point the finger at the other party or say some thing moronic like..oh this is chinas doing! Or, they just would not coperate! What is the penalty in the real world for groos negligence> well, it is not a pay raise and a bailout! If the stranglehold of corporate America was gone, then strict and sever punishment must be made into law for politicians fleecing the american public or commioting treason or any number of crimes that drain away your prosperity. Death should be the number one punsihment. it is in many other countries.

The government and corporate america work together. The government sancitons their actions and makes laws helping them to plunder or unfairy run smaller enterprize outof town. In return corporate America showers cash and prizes on politicians who please them and those that do not will soon find themselfs unable to run for town drunk. On aballot should be a box...next to it it shouyld say..none of the above. If none of the above is elected that means all those candidates on the ballot should be forever barred from seeking political office of any kind. In other words..go find a real job!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

You sir, make a very good point. Let me tell you what happened to me as I excersied my suposed right to object. Yeras beck the loathsome bush enterage train arrived in Lodi, CA. I was a heckeler and heckeled loudly and excittedly. Before long two bush thugs came over with a large peice of cardboard and held it up in fron of me blocking the camera man that was recording this. i tried to tear down the card board but was grabbed between thumb and index finger. This is a pressure point and it does not takemuch pressure to make alot of pain. I stopped heckeling and the look these armed thugs gave me, yes i saw the bulge said volumes. I stopped and sat down furiouse and glaring. The left but didnt go far. A few hours later i wewnt to burger king and right to my left were two goons with shiny shoes and wired earplugs wearing the conservative suite of one of the many NAZI government agancies. They gave me a look like I was distilled puke. I just gave the look back to them and said, I have much more of a right to find you laothsome and repulsive than you do me. They just grinned with hate and said nothing.

If an ordinary citizen realy knew soemthing damaging that could change soemthing. Fitst of all no one would beleive it. Mockery and scorn would soon follow. Sometime later the powers that be would consider this person and perhaps thier would be one more vanishjed with out a trace in America. I use to call my congress man explaining that I knew he was a busy man buthat i would be willing to wait for months if thats what it took to have a smallamount of his time. Nothing ever worked thier. So, perhaps you have some fine suggestions? Your first staement is golden...but if most cant implement it and only get futility for their effort, then miught as well fume and rant here. The only satisfaction I get is knowing that I am not BS by these political villians, even though i can do nothing as they plunder America and train wreck our prosperity. No, not one thing can I do until the end, when they are marching down the streets killing everfy citizen they see, then I will get my chance and take down a few before i die trying. So, thats all i can expect,

I think that if you wre too much of a best and bothered who evers office with too many messages and emails or phone calls you would find your self being visited by one or more government goons that might or might not let you off with a warning or perhaps something worse may happen.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stake

We have a wartime economy. Millitary industrialists run the show. War is profitable, for them! If we are not fighting it ourselfs, we will cause one to hapen and sell arms to both parties just like we did in viet nam and other places. We give say..Isreal ten billion as (aid) then they turn around and buy ten bill in weapons from the millitary industrialists. Talk about corupption! Besides, no one is interested in what our foreighn policy is, many are much more concerned about the loathsome football scores or what moronic sitcom they missed. As long as they cn have everything on credit and a new car, who care what they do in other countries? i think this is the common mindset. Many have vast knowledge of worthless information like hollywood stars and baseball trivia, yet could tell you nothing of how us government works. They like it just fine this way. Another thing that hold this evil caball together is the many it benifets by these actions. They like it this way, Many prosper at the expense of the rest. They live a good life to a bloated obsence one. Why would they want it to stop. they are rewarded for thier boolicking and showered with the ill gotten gains taken from others.

When you have fools running around waving flags and high heads of state that can easily BS the public so that they support the war, you then realize how easily they manipulate the public who knows nothing abouyt how it all works nor do they care to. Look at what we are facing to make any kind of worth while change. How do you change the thinking of millions of morons who do not care what thier government is doing> The rest have knowledge but blind faith that they can do no wrong. The small remainder know perfectly well what is going on and profit handsomly from all the pain, misery, and war we creat here and all over the world.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Speaking of a mess take a look at what the polls shows in the Republican primary, Newt Gingrich numbers are going popping back up is Mitt Romney but not far behind is Ron Paul, no decisive leader, when these states vote for a Republican, in the Republican primary it is going to be one big giant mess.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I am not a very big supporter of Obama and Sara. I just want a new face.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join