It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgiveness vs revenge

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
can you prove that "everything we experience comes from within us"?
it is a very bold statement, with no corroborating evidence, often made in the "new age movement", and I am not at all sure that it is true, or that it is not simply a ploy to distract us from the real work we need to do as gardeners on this earth

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Forgiveness isn't about the agressor, but about yourself.

When you get to the point where you forgive someone for harming you, that's a very good place to be, spiritually.

It took me a LLLLLOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGG time to forgive my rapist. But when I was finally able to do so, the peace I felt was incredible.

Ultimately, forgiveness is for yourself.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Forgiveness is more for others, yet through our sacrifices to enshrine forgiveness for others then may carry merit in return, like honor, for which then you can be happy about yourself again.

It is about balance either spiritually or in avatar.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Forgiveness is about others.
reply to post by dzonatas

To a certain extent, I agree with you. When a person is sincere in their regret and is actively seeking forgiveness, then it does help alleviate their consertnation and guilt.

But I still see forgiveness as ultimately a private, individual journey. My guess is we could find someone who just shot up a McDonald's who feels absolutely no remorse. What good does forgiveness do that person?

But when you can reach the point in your life when you can forgive REGARDLESS of whether that person is repetant....that's a beautiful place to be.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Depends upon what is under discussion.

If someone steals from me, I can forgive that.

If someone kidnapped a member of my family and tortured, raped and murdered them I will maybe forgive their dead body after I have inflicted the maximum amount of pain and suffering I could extract from them. Vengeance? Revenge? You bet your bippie I will take vengeance and revenge the loss. I won't ask the state to do it for me, the act wasn't against the state: it was against my family.

Does this make me bad? Perhaps.

But some things are unforgivable.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If someone kidnapped a member of my family and tortured, raped and murdered them I will maybe forgive their dead body after I have inflicted the maximum amount of pain and suffering I could extract from them. Vengeance? Revenge? You bet your bippie I will take vengeance and revenge the loss. I won't ask the state to do it for me, the act wasn't against the state: it was against my family.
reply to post by apacheman

Apacheman,

the more I read your posts the more respect I have for you.

I'm assuming you are male. Do you think this is primarily a male reaction? Not that females wouldn't necessarily agree, I'm just asking if perhaps its a deep-rooted instinct to protect at all costs.

Just curious. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

The issue about forgiveness is the question of who truly needs to become forsaken.

Things are not always easy especially when know how different people are in what the want to believe. There is a point were truth doesn't matter anymore.

For example, let's say 'god is one of us' (Job) and walk with us and acts like any of us and seems to possess no special powers to help anybody. People get upset at this Job for unexplainable reasons. They simply can't explain not that they don't try. They find that Job should just be positive and not think too much. Job says things that others say are very scary or sounds schizoid and etc etc. Eventually, even though Job got married etc etc, the courts were just fed up with just mere reports against Job despite there being no factual basis to the reports. The courts decided against Job merely for the paperwork alone and nothing on merit. Anybody could take advantage of Job merely by a mere formula to take Job to court. Job loses marriage, kids, friends, business, money, etc nobody wants to be around Job and nobody can explain why (nobody has a clue). Job must have done something wrong people accuse. Maybe the point is clear maybe not.

What Job knows is something that no one else on the planet seems to know.

People say Job is irresponsible and unfit.

Let's compare this on a different scale and find who needs to forgive who.

Job is the universe. Job is actually much more beyond the universe that such scale is just too immense to even explain to others on his planet. In this view, Job could easily claim the planet is his baby. Job is a woman.

The difference others don't realize is what it take Job to protect all the unknown unspeakable horrors beyond the universe to protect the one planet where he just tries to be ordinary. Obviously, beyond the universe seems very unordinary to everybody else on the planet.

Lifeforms contain many lives. It may be just one lifeform, like a mother with a unborn child, or many many many unborn children.

Job never forgives. Job cannot. Job's lifeform is too important to not lose. For Job to allow destruction of Job's lifeform, beyond the universe, would me the end to the billions upon billions upon billions of lives inside his lifeform.

Who has a forgiveable Job?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

In my life as with most people, there are people who over the years hurt me a lot. And while I would de-bowel any one who hurt a member of my family, when it's directed at me, I really have no desire to seek revenge. I find people who "nurse" hatereds for decades to be the definition of childish. Whats the point? It take a lot of calories, and a lot of psycic energy. And they won't drag me into their abyss of hate. I won't allow that.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nltkn

sorry to disagree but there is nothing coming out only from within alone reality unless it is an evil awareness move

the confusions of those means came from the fact that the logical sense end i yourself reality of you as a living source exclusively alone, but that end is after so many conditions making you reach to be true as truth abstraction life alone

what happen always is the interaction between positive drive subjective awareness and objective source of realities life
everyone experience actually its own interaction for an awareness independant free life with facts of living realities realized by intelligent source alive freely

that is normal, it is of the begining logical one, you can do yourself positive reality when you love being in truth life opportunity, but from what as aware you experienced the sense of positive reaction to what is absolutely positively living outside

the positive drive wasnt invented it is of truth realisations, so also the awareness as being the source of positive reality drives wasnt invented either, it is of truth certainty life realisations

now this point is very important because here where everyone seem to deny always something crucial

you as subjective true living awareness you cannot perceive or recognize another living, every living awareness is it self moves positive sense absolutely from its means to realities it is its sources

so the problem is what awareness intelligence on that topic reached to assert the other living not existing to keep itself of its own true realisations, but that if it is useful to oneself sources it is not true objectively and everyone is like that
but most of all truth is alive always behind all realities abstractions sources, and that is a problem that everyone encounter to experience but cant admit for lacking any justification possibility from himself

u must act alone but while knowing that it is not objectively true, and while knowing that ultimately all realities life are justified by truth love superiority life

so the situation is effectively you as the source of it from you as the living will to act as the source true, but when there is another or noone but objectively judged the situation is related to all livings there and ultimately the objective situation is related to truth life as the one always the source

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

even from what i could adventure to guess truth conceptions, those abstractions life were brought from objective perspective of reality absolute life before truth was there existing

certainty really happen in void as free constant reality starting to act as existing certain fact, and of that understanding out of certainty fact a true free move as certain living was there
then reality between those facts became evidence that was the origin of truth abstractions existance and life

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
To forgive all the time is to say that violence doesn't cure anything.

I beg to differ.

Violence is the quick way out. My life is limited, and sometimes I do not have years to forgive someone. Beating their face in solves the problem much more quickly.

Keep in mind that I do advocate peace, but there will ALWAYS be that fight in me that will come out when needed.

People may call my view flawed but that does not bother me. I give respect to everyone I meet and expect it in return.

I agree with a previous poster. If someone breaks into my house seeking whatever evil intent, the nearest object that weighs the most will soon be my best friend.

Call me loco essay, I love it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join