It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coffee Party: Wake up Stand up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Tea Party.

Coffee Party.

Don't like Tea Or Coffee.

I'm waiting for the Pot Party...

I am berkeleygal!!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Alright everyone, the endisnighe wants pats on back for his prediction.

I sad watch, the Repubs are going to TRY and takeover the TPM.

The Dems will vilify it and than come out with another movement to try and supplant it.

The endisnighe strikes again!

How is that Two headed devil snake working out for you so far!

edit to add-if anyone else miss gaborn415's post here it is again

Coffee party is a Obama Operative MANEUVER TO SUPPLANT THE TPM

We are becoming the Evil EMPIRE we accuse others of. What do you think of the two party system that will CRUSH, VILIFY, SUPPLANT any movement to hinder THEIR power structure?

NUFF SAID!

[edit on 3/5/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

There is also this: Fraud

She wasn't a campaign operative but openly campaigned for Obama and just a couple of months ago was extolling his virtues, pushing for the his health plan while denigrating the Tea Party movement. She's a fraud who speaks of being a conservative on Twitter.

twitter.com...

The name Tea Party touches on historical significance and "tea" is also an acronym for "Taxed Enough Already". The name "Coffee Party" was chosen because it's stronger than tea. If the Boston Tea Party had been the Boston McDonald's Party, she probably would have called her little group The Burger King Party, maybe the Wendy's or Taco Bell Party.

What a joke. If Pelosi can call tea party members astroturf, these buffoons are weed control fabric or linoleum flooring.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Graybeard

Thanks Graybeard, I am now going to post a thread showing the Coffee Party to be what it is. A FRAUD!

edit to add-

If you want to see the REAL beginning of this supposed movement-

See this-The Coffee Party, ANOTHER FRAUD BY OBAMA SUPPORTERS

[edit on 3/5/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graybeard
She wasn't a campaign operative but openly campaigned for Obama and just a couple of months ago was extolling his virtues, pushing for the his health plan while denigrating the Tea Party movement.

Um, so what? I'm sure there are people who campaigned for McCain/Palin who now belong to the Tea Party. In fact, Palin herself was the keynote speaker at the big tea bash. What's your point?

Coffee Party Hosts Open Discussions

A national movement has begun - the Coffee Party movement. Coffee houses across the nation are participating in what has been declared Coffee Party Day. Lauren Johnson visited the College Market in Pocatello where local residents are joining in the movement.

Coffee Party Update

And on Saturday, the would-be movement staged coming-out events in nearly 400 locations nationwide.
In keeping with the Coffee Party's stated mission, returning civility to politics was a common theme. In Bethalto, Ill., the crowd had to agree to the Coffee Party pledge, which includes a promise to "be respectful of other individual opinions, even if I disagree with them." Attendees at all four events also voiced support for health care reform. Anti-corporate sentiment was prevalent as well.

[edit on 3/14/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Good link, endisnighe.
It shows the true intentions of Annabel Park and her 'coffe party'.

It also shows that Obama and his minions are in react mode. They have been reduced to reacting to the conservatives and independents success with the Tea Party, They must now follow, create a mimic movement and play catch-up.

Now we will watch as the coffee party begins a campaign of smear tactics. They are so predictable.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Tea Party.

Coffee Party.

Don't like Tea Or Coffee.

I'm waiting for the Pot Party...

I am berkeleygal!!

Instead of rallying behind a gimmick which has been the mainstay of those who have been keeping wool over our eyes, lets rally behind concepts like social justice, and civil liberties while identifying their enemies and disarming them, not with a gut reaction but a deliberate, rational act. There's definitely lots to be said about pot (mainly as a medicine) but also how criminalization has represented a serious bane for civil liberties and social justice. Pot is only a small part of the big picture and any party that has that alone as their platform is sorely under-qualified for the job.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Are you serious? Did you see some of the things that Park said? So much for "returning civility to politics".

In keeping with the Coffee Party's stated mission, returning civility to politics was a common theme. In Bethalto, Ill., the crowd had to agree to the Coffee Party pledge, which includes a promise to "be respectful of other individual opinions, even if I disagree with them."

Some of the things she said:

we need to re-engage the grassroots movement that got Obama elected.we need to get busy. cannot give it away to the teabaggers.

Teabaggers?

No more reading tea leaves! Get the job done. No more excuses.

we must deal with reality instead of indulging the paranoid fantasies of the teaparty.

we're not going to take this tea crap anymore. let's work for change!

And you support this divisive rhetoric? :shk:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Are you serious?

About what? I mean, most likely, I am serious. I do pop out with a joke now and then, though. So, heads up.

And you support this divisive rhetoric? :shk:

Where did I say I support divisive rhetoric? Where did I say I support ANYTHING, for that matter? You're totally assuming things that I didn't say or even imply. So let me help you out.

What I DO support are alternatives to the current 2-party system. What I DO support are grassroots movements (regardless of the caffeinated beverage involved) to wake up the government, the way it's currently run, to the power that the people have and what the people really want.

I don't care if the coffee party calls the Tea Party "teabaggers".
I don't care that the coffee party are hoping to engage a base using effective techniques that Obama used. I don't care if the coffee party makes "jabs" at other parties. That's a fact of life. They are MILD compared to the stuff I've heard from Sarah Palin and other tea party speakers in their attempts to take over the tea party for their beloved GOP.

If you want to have a discussion, stop making assumptions.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well, on the one hand we see Park inviting the Tea Party to sit down and talk to the coffe party. "There are probably some of the same things we both want". La-de-da, nicey nicey. And we see the coffee party making a pledge about "returning civility to politics". More nicey-nicey.

Then we see what Annabel Park really means in her twitters. That's divisive rhetoric, no matter what you call it.

I don't think I'm making any assumptions at all. And I don't think that's the way to work things out, as Park said we should do.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Coffee Party of Texas Statement on Changing the Political Culture

The 3rd Draft. Well be having a get together this weekend all across Texas to make the final statement. But this is what we have so far....

Coffee Party of Texas Statement on Changing the Political Culture
Collectively crafted by Coffee Party members of Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio Texas

We are voters who are disenchanted with the major political parties and the political culture of Washington

We came together because we want to change the way our political process works. We are particularly concerned with the current Washington culture of:
• Politics by false or exaggerated sound bite.
• Poor budget discipline
• The inclusion of self-serving earmarks in nearly every bill
• The weakening of essential regulations
• Tolerance for corruption and poor personal conduct of members
• Procedural maneuvers that block almost every legislative measure
• Fealty to private special interests and the dismissal of public need

We take strong exception to the judgment of the judiciary, which interprets the Constitution to mean that:
• Money equals speech
• Corporations have the same rights as persons, which appears to allow them to speak so loudly and so often that the electorate can no longer discern propaganda from information
• No common sense interpretation of the Constitution exists to protect and defend a level playing field among public and wealthy private interests in the crafting of public policy

We believe that Congress is wrongly beholden to wealthy private Special Interests, who:
• Receive disproportionate attention and advantage:
• Hold far too much influence over public policy
• Finance too many Congressional campaigns and thus hold representatives captive
• Use political controversy to advance their masked objectives
• Funding political speech that agitates extremists instead of engaging the moderate and pragmatic majority
• Push decisions determined along party lines rather than solutions based on civil discussion and compromise.

We believe civic-minded candidates are too often discouraged from seeking office because of the need to raise so much money to be competitive, And those who do run are often trapped into paying fealty to private special interests. We want a Congress whose members place country above party and private special interests, and who believe in effective governing. We want to maximize citizen participation in elections and political discourse. We therefore support these ideas, policies, and systems:
• The creation of a voluntary public campaign-funding system, to minimize the influence of private special interests, to improve the collegiality of our leaders, and to minimize time required for campaign fund-raising.
• Use of publicly owned airwaves for informative political discourse
• Non-partisan redistricting so that voters, rather than incumbents, choose their elected officials
• Improved ballot access so that candidates and alternative parties can run competitive races. Many citizens do not feel represented by either of the major political parties
• Universal voter registration
• Same-day voter registration
• Restoration of voting rights. E.g. ex-Felons who have paid their debt to society
• Move Elections from Tuesday to a day of week that maximizes voter turnout
• Allow for early voting, as in Texas
• Mail-in ballots, as in Washington State
• Better voter verification that does not result in disenfranchising voters by cost or inconvenience
• Better election verification with nationwide standards for improving the trustworthiness of our election results
• Instant runoff voting, where voters can indicate their first and second candidate choices on one ballot. This would eliminate the need for expensive runoff elections. And it would let voters better express their preferences in the voting booth without the fear of “wasting” their vote
• Optimizing transparency in all campaign and governmental affairs

There appears to be no consensus yet on these related issues.
• Term limits, to prevent the concentration of power and special interest domination in any political arena.
• Changing the seniority system in Congress, which concentrates power in the hands of a few individuals for long periods of time
• The Electoral College gives certain swing states disproportionate power in selecting the President and Vice President. Proponents argue that it protects the rights of smaller states. Some support a replacement of the Electoral College with a direct popular vote
• Perhaps an appropriate outlet for the Coffee Party is forming a PAC to support candidates who will champion our platform
• Enforced anonymity of political campaign contributions: donations could be made to a centralized [government or impartial, not-for-profit] entity [such as the League Women of Voters], designated for a particular candidate. A fund-raising system with no quid pro quo, where bribery is not an objective, means that candidates need not know the identity of their contributors. No one could know with certainty who contributed how much to their campaigns. This system allows corporations to continue funding the electoral process without “buying” politicians. It protects contributors who fear drowning in campaign requests from others. It also protects the candidate-elect from the perception of being corrupted by a large contribution

We believe that the party that leads these reforms is most likely to win the goodwill of independent voters.

For more information contact the Coffee Party of Austin on Facebook

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sirbikesalot06

That looks pretty good. I still think it could have a better name then Coffee Party. I can definitely see why Right-Wingers might feel this isn't their bag. A winning strategy might be to try a mission statement that might garner some suit wearing blind pride driven support as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join