It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coffee Party: Wake up Stand up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Isnt cooperation in gov what's been screwing us over for all these decades?

They worked together to stick our less than able folks on the dole. They worked together later to get just about anybody who wants to be on the dole on the dole. They worked together to push all the jobs overseas. They worked together to sell us out to the federal reserve. They worked together to get that Patriot Act passed and renewed over and over. Right now they're working together to put a gun to our head and force us to give more of our money over to insurance companies.

The less they do the better. Until the entire swamp of DC is carpet bombed back to the stone age and every politician hanged the best I can look forward to is gridlock. Not that fake gridlock like what took place before the budget blowing 'stimulus' garbage or what's currently taking place now with their 'healthcare' trash but real gridlock. So bad they dont bother to show up.

Cooperation had its chance when they were still public servants. Long gone is that day.

Besides all of that, cooperation just gets you compromise. No good for anybody but luke warm for everyone. The last great 'compromise' I had to live under was Clinton's famous AWB. I'll be damned if I suffer under more garbage like that just some some hyper-paranoid fruitcakes can have their false sense of security and god-given rights only get 'sort-of' infringed. There are states that to this day havent let that bull expire. they keep their residents locked into it like a Patriot Act of their own.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Personally I am in favor of a mental exam.

Cooperation and compromise have been the heart and soul of our system of government ever since it was founded and it has only been in the past 20 years that it has become so acrimonious.

In fact it can be dated...its two founding events as it were was Clinton's election in 92 and newt the gingriches contract on America and all the hard core ideologues who entered congress at that time.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaborn415
Well, it's nice the lib's have a "grass roots" party they can lay claim to. I'm sure they were getting very upset with the popularity of a party that's all about individual liberty and freedom. We needed a grass roots party that was honest about supporting slavery as well. Gridlock is good, it keeps congress and the feds from putting any more chains on us. Enjoy the coffee in the concentration camps guys. I'll be enjoying my tea in my secure bunker.

Now tell me....how does one reason with such as this? You are leaving no room for discussion.

I could say it's nice the con's have party ostensibly about liberty and freedom but actually to further the sweetheart deals big business, the military industrial complex, insurance companies and financial institutions get without the people even knowing. This Obama is too close to their back yard and so they let the dogs out.
We're all sustenance farmers with weapons, against slavery we love the constitution and what America stands for and we will be outdoors in the bright light of day.

So just give a holler if you need more supplies in your bunker and I'll get you some.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

It is an attempt...like a few other posts here...to shut down discussion. They seem to think that is they make such an emphatically stark statement it will kill the thread and they won't have to deal with things that they don't like.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Why does a grass roots organization have a website registered to a webmedia company in Los Angelas, CA? Who owns Rocketboy Media Inc.?
Who hired them to create the Coffee Party website?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was thinking this was to promote good coffee drinking, boy was I surprised...

Seriously, it can never be a bad thing when people want to hold their congress or other elected officials responsible for something.

As far as who hired this web company? Not everyone is a web genius...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I can't help but call FRAUD. Given the Tea Party movement and their foundation being laid independently with no significant ties to either party, only the desire to see our government once again work "for the people." And the events that took place over the last 2 weeks in the media, with Palin being accused of inadvertently absorbing the Tea Party into the GOP, and then Joe Stack being labeled by the media as someone resorting to violence fueled by such movements as the Tea Party, to me it's painfully obvious it's just another attempt by TPTB to divide the people. Albeit they are calling the Coffee Party an independent movement, I don't see it. If now you have the Tea Party being absorbed, whether inadvertent or not, into the GOP it seems fitting the Dems. would need a party as well. A very co-operative, hope based party indeed, and one that is bound to effect change.

p.s. English majors leave your red pens on the desk, run-ons have always been my enemy.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by iMacFanatic

Cooperation and compromise have been the heart and soul of our system of government ever since it was founded and it has only been in the past 20 years that it has become so acrimonious.

No. In fact competition, debate, and partisan disagreements have not only been a part of our country since the very beginning, but the nature of our government was specifically designed to ensure that this was so. If you honestly think today's political environment is "acrimonious" then you have obviously never read any of the debates or rivalries that the founding fathers had with each other, whether during the writing and ratification of the Constitution or afterward. Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr engaged in a duel to the death with pistols, Early politicians regularly insulted each other in ways that make current political discourse seem tame by comparison. Politics has always been a rough game and always will be. Considering how woefully deficient your understanding of US political history is, I see no reason to take what you say seriously.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I agree with the gist of the video especially after the 4 minutes.
Although it doesn't mean I believe they actually have the ability to do somehting about it.

But I definitely like this party better than the tea party.
Great, more power to them and I wish them good luck.

I prefer to drink tea than coffee btw.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doglord
Considering how woefully deficient your understanding of US political history is, I see no reason to take what you say seriously.

I know my history thank you very much and after all the arguing, shouting and insults they sat down and got things done and it included compromise. The constitution itself was a compromise.

AND NO it was not part of the original plan for government...in fact Washington himself warned about the pitfalls of political parties in his farewell address: to wit:

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissention, which in different ages & countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders & miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security & repose in the absolute power of an Individual: and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty."
— George Washington, September 19, 1796

avalon.law.yale.edu...

[edit on 2/26/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Also from Washington's farewell speech...a few paragraphs before:

In contemplating the causes which may disturb our Union, it occurs as matter of serious concern that any ground should have been furnished for characterizing parties by geographical discriminations, Northern and Southern, Atlantic and Western; whence designing men may endeavor to excite a belief that there is a real difference of local interests and views. One of the expedients of party to acquire influence within particular districts is to misrepresent the opinions and aims of other districts. You cannot shield yourselves too much against the jealousies and heartburnings which spring from these misrepresentations; they tend to render alien to each other those who ought to be bound together by fraternal affection. The inhabitants of our Western country have lately had a useful lesson on this head; they have seen, in the negotiation by the Executive, and in the unanimous ratification by the Senate, of the treaty with Spain, and in the universal satisfaction at that event, throughout the United States, a decisive proof how unfounded were the suspicions propagated among them of a policy in the General Government and in the Atlantic States unfriendly to their interests in regard to the Mississippi; they have been witnesses to the formation of two treaties, that with Great Britain, and that with Spain, which secure to them everything they could desire, in respect to our foreign relations, towards confirming their prosperity. Will it not be their wisdom to rely for the preservation of these advantages on the Union by which they were procured ? Will they not henceforth be deaf to those advisers, if such there are, who would sever them from their brethren and connect them with aliens?

avalon.law.yale.edu...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iMacFanatic

I know my history thank you very much and after all the arguing, shouting and insults they sat down and got things done and it included compromise. The constitution itself was a compromise.

On some areas they compromised, on some areas ideas won, in other areas ideas were defeated. However all of them stood up for, and stood by their principles, in what you would no doubt label acrimonious argument.

AND NO it was not part of the original plan for government...in fact Washington himself warned about the pitfalls of political parties in his farewell address: to wit:

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissention, which in different ages & countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders & miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security & repose in the absolute power of an Individual: and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty."
— George Washington, September 19, 1796

The idea that the various branches of government would compete, that various ideas would compete, and that the states themselves would in many compete with each other was central to the formation of the USA. While some founding fathers did not want parties, others felt they were necessary, and in fact the first political parties the Federalist party, and the Democrat-Republican party were founded less than 5 years after the ratification of the US Constitution by Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton in 1792.

Once again, the idea that "in earlier years" politics was more genteel, less partisan, and more civilized, or that people in those days "compromised" rather than fought along ideological lines is pure bunkum.

[edit on 2/26/2010 by Doglord]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Where is the Beer Party? I love coffee but there needs to be more options

I usually only have coffee after my beer.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Competition is not the same thing as gridlock and paralysis and at every step of the way in this nations history civilly or uncivilly there have been compromises...no matter what you say.

And at every step of the way those deals, arrangements and compromises have advanced the nation forward.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iMacFanatic

Once again, some issues were compromised on, some weren't. There was "gridlock" on many issues of the day. Furthermore some things can't be compromised on, because the two opposing positions are so far apart. Your view of American political history is juvenile, facile, and ignorant. Ideology, partisanship, extreme disagreement, vitriolic discourse, and yes, even gridlock, has been a part of this nation since the beginning. Slavery and the abolition of, is one such example. The concept of a Federal bank, was for many years another.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Doglord

Can't you say anything without putting me down? Talk about juvenile.

I never said it was nice and polite...I said things got done and in the long run they got done by sitting down and compromising...talking things out behind closed doors and in open committees...they argued...they fought...sometimes literally...they insulted each other and when the day was done they compromised...you give a little here you give a little there.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

To respond to why I don't think gridlock is a bad thing I will post what I posted in the Washington's Farewell speech thread.

This speech, however, was written for the ears of a new nation. Today our gridlock is based on how best to screw the American people. We say we want bi-partisanship, but no one is asking for a Constitutional government, a government our First President helped create with blood, sweat, and tears, and the only bi-partisanship we will see is the collective effort to take freedom from either side until the whole #ing nation is buried
in chains. I say no more, the system is irreperably broken because of the men and women we are now asking to work together...What if what they work on hurts us? When was the last time the government took authority, not granted in the Constitution, which turned out to be helpful in the end?

They poison the food with favoritism from the FDA, they assassinate American citizens based on suspicion, they steal from us through taxation-inflation-and debt, they wiretap us, the beat us, kill us, and pass laws to protect those that do their dirty work. No more!

I think it would be better if they did NOTHING.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Expect a lot of people against this and commenting negatively. This cannot be a good thing for Halliburton, Wackenoff, Exxon, Wellpoint, Phizer, Squibb and the rest of the world powerful corporations.

It is about time people took government back from these crooks but they have many employees and many people speaking out for them who are just too cool to fool...well not actually.

When the tea parties first started people did the same thing - and look at them now. Movers and Shakers. Actually anyone ever hear of the Shakers?

Do people even know there IS a Constitutional Party?

Hello,
I'm probably not the first to post a link, but here it is...
www.constitutionparty.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Thank you.

And while I find the stances of the constitutional party odious and far to the right of most right wingers...they too need their voice to be heard even if I personally vehemently disagree with their take on things.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

From the definition in the OP:

We recognize that the federal government is not the enemy of the people, but the expression of our collective will,

Expression of our collective will? Then why is Obama still trying to shove Obamacare down our throats in spite of all the polls which show that Americans are opposed to his plan?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join