It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coffee Party: Wake up Stand up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The Coffee Party: Wake up Stand up

www.coffeepartyusa.org

MISSION: The Coffee Party Movement gives voice to Americans who want to see cooperation in government. We recognize that the federal government is not the enemy of the people, but the expression of our collective will, and that we must participate in the democratic process in order to address the challenges that we face as Americans. As voters and grassroots volunteers, we will support leaders who work toward positive solutions, and hold accountable those who obstruct them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Screw the tea party and their selfish narrow minded agenda. They speak for the disgruntled who would still be disgruntled if they got everything they want.

COOPERATION in government that is what it supposed to be.

Screw the GOP and the Democrats if they can't stop putting party before the country.

Instead of ideology purity tests we should have pragmatism tests to see if a candidate has any working brain cells in their heads.

www.coffeepartyusa.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Why are people so quick to embrace division when cooperation is so much more productive?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Just so there is no mistake this is not a joke:

www.washingtonpost.com...

It may not develop into an actual party but the people are serious and we all should be...

CAN THE IDEOLOGY AND STOP THE FRICKIN GRIDLOCK .

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is the model that America needs. It looks the problem straight in the eyes, and clearly states what is necessary in order to rebuild democracy in our country

They offer a sound philosophy, which should provide us with sensible solutions. I’m in complete agreement with them, and intend to support their agenda in anyway possible.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thank you.

I as a practice refuse to endorse any party but by default have become a Democrat...

but they are almost as bad as the GOP and I am sick of it.

I intend to follow the coffee party closely...and if they actually run someone in my area I would consider voting for them.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by iMacFanatic
Why are people so quick to embrace division when cooperation is so much more productive?

I think it's because society has conditioned us to fall into 2 distinct categories, winners and losers. Everyone is so concerned with being on the winning team that it prevents them from cooperating and blinds them from real productivity. They falsely see productivity as disparaging their perceived enemy.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by iMacFanatic

Define 'productive.'

At this point, considering the people in both parties who have been 'representing' us, I think we're much better off with gridlock regardless of who is supposedly in charge. The vast majority of these fools have only their own best interests in mind, not ours.

The solution isn't to create a third party, which will inevitably get taken over by the same sort of people within just a few election cycles. No, its that we the people need to pay more attention to the actual people we're sending to represent us in the first place.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well, it's nice the lib's have a "grass roots" party they can lay claim to. I'm sure they were getting very upset with the popularity of a party that's all about individual liberty and freedom. We needed a grass roots party that was honest about supporting slavery as well. Gridlock is good, it keeps congress and the feds from putting any more chains on us. Enjoy the coffee in the concentration camps guys. I'll be enjoying my tea in my secure bunker.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gaborn415

Boy are you deluded if that is what you actually believe.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The "Tea Party" isn't going anywhere simply because the people who it actually applies to most accurately would never allow their party to be commandeered by more scumbag politicians anyway, yet that's exactly what they're trying to do.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by iMacFanatic

Well I can tell I don't like this "Coffee Party" at all. I don't want cooperation in government. I want hardcore arguments and disagreements so that they can work out something for the people.

This Coffee party does nothing but try to provide a crutch to a system that has both of it's legs broken.

People already know about participating in the "democratic process" and a lot of good that has already done. The government doesn't give a damn about a group such as this unless they can use it to further an agenda. Those are the facts.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
We need to vote constitutional not for some stupid ideology. I don't care about the tea party the coffee party or any other party, I will vote for the constitution every time or not at all. It is not worth it to have congress cooperate on further eroding our rights.

The coffee party can go screw itself.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Thank you for this. I sent it to 50 people in my address book. I hope each of them sends it to 50 people. Go Jo!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm not entirely sure if this Coffee Party is what's needed or if something else is actually needed. I do commend the people in it for attempting to make change, it is true that the Democrat and Republican feud is getting nowhere and hasn't been getting anywhere for quite some time. So, while I commend the members for their idea, the name of your "party" is ridiculous, almost childish. The original term "tea party" came from the Boston Tea Party which was about outrageous taxes on the American colonies under the King of England. Until coffee taxes get that bad, the term coffee party doesn't really work..

In all seriousness, good on the "coffee party" for intending on doing something, I don't know if it's the right thing or not, but it's something at least, right!

The Protector

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Expect a lot of people against this and commenting negatively. This cannot be a good thing for Halliburton, Wackenoff, Exxon, Wellpoint, Phizer, Squibb and the rest of the world powerful corporations.

It is about time people took government back from these crooks but they have many employees and many people speaking out for them who are just too cool to fool...well not actually.

When the tea parties first started people did the same thing - and look at them now. Movers and Shakers. Actually anyone ever hear of the Shakers?

Do people even know there IS a Constitutional Party?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

This is the youtube video for this Coffee Party group of concerned citizens. Certainly no one can object to concerned citizens getting organized...hummmm?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
To the posters who say screw this or I don't want this and other negatives...we have had feuds and arguments and gridlock and a failure to do anything...why on earth would anyone want more? It will not benefit the country one iota.

Yeah its a silly name...but ya want silly read some of the idiotic misspelled signs at the tea party rallies held by fools dressed up as Yankees....like any of that wants me to take them seriously.

Congress has reached the point where if the Republicans say something that they are emphatically for (besides no) if Obama says that's a great idea lets run with it...the GOP will immediately turn around and be against it...and they used to call us knee jerk liberals...well I call them restless leg syndrome conservatives.

And to the persons who think anything liberal will lead to concentration camps...I suggest you stop listening to the big fat blowhard and read a serious history book or two because it is obvious you know nothing about history...and that is not an insult it is a statement of fact if you actually believe that rhetoric.

Point is we need to break this impasse and one party lording over another and the other saying no to everything...regardless of which party it is...because it is going to bring the whole bloody house down if it doesn't stop.

[edit on 2/26/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Yes there is a group calling themselves the Constitutional party but their platform is so hard core right wing that no one is going to follow them anywhere except to the dustbin.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Personally, I think before an official is elected they undergo a public and mandatory polygraph test. I don't care what party or organization they belong to or what affiliations they have.

But that's just me....

[edit on 26-2-2010 by DaMod]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join