It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Agrees The Winners Can't Be White.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It was a step competition. One team woe and a number of teams lost. Actually the best team one. Loosing hurts but it was a dance competition.

You can blow it up to use it as a metaphor for race relations in America but it is still a step competition. I think it is and open invitation to segregation to protest about the team that won. What do people want? A separate competiton for blacks and another for whites?

What would we do about those who maybe phenotypicaly white but are genotypicaly white. The tragedy of America is that there is a lot more evidence of race mixing than can be seen with the eyes. Many black people carry white genes and many whites carry black genes.

BTW the worst side of all of this is that there are police elements in the black community that sneer at a black person doing ANYTHING different. These repressive types say things like a “True black man doesn’t XXXX” when all the person is doing is following an interest. So if as a black man you want to learn German or mandarin or just speak a more acceptable form of language like the black elites do they get into your face…..

Try not to play into the hands of the elites/lizard people/ capitalists/ commies/ etc

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
they got their ass handed to them on their own ground.

a dance contest! whoop-di-do!

where is the disconnect!

blacks will have to deal with being white soon enough.

coke sucks!!!

and the morons that agree because of race, lol, no one will change their mind.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
if the original people who left the kingdom wanted to be shipped back they would not have black skin.they were given a charge and their angst about looking different than what they remember is futile in relation to black, and black based methods of returning to a kingdom entirely changed by this angst.

black people developed pride and as a new invention it should remain within the black culture.people who feel differently have pride for the wrong reasons as they have not gone through what it takes to have pride in the way i define the word.

i still stand by my original comment in that coke did the right thing.regardless of whether or not i value pan hellenic values or systems of pride as equal to my own understanding of being black.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
lol. Come on guys this is trolling at its finest. lol. If it is not. Then the OP is....well I am sure you all have your own names for it. He must really be into STEP though and knows a lot about it. I wonder why since he obviously doesn't want any white people to take part in it. Hmmm. Does that make sense to anyone else? He sounds so confused.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

what you talkin bout willis?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I just watched both teams do their thing........and the white girls with their "matrix" theme were the winners IMO.
Their act was longer and everything about it was better. They were the clear winners.
And if the judges were black, then the only reason Coke would change the original outcome is because of fear of some sort of racist backlash accusations.

The "white girl" team owned the other team........oops, i mean asserted their dominance in that specific field.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

bs bamma,

sorry, i can't even wrap that around my head let alone swallow that inellectual bs. ok?

mofo's fell down when it counted, color made it all good in the end.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

I mean this completely tongue in cheek....

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wow!

Racism is alive and well and apparently growing. Not only in the subject of this thread but also a good number of the threads contributors.

Forget context, this was a competition. Teams competing in a form of dance (tribal, cultural or otherwise that is irrelevant). Why was the "white team" even allowed to enter? I guess no one thought they could ever win, so no one bothered to disqualify them. Can you imagine? Then they forgot to tell the judges not to vote for the "whites". After-all White ___ can't dance.

So a dance competition. Most forms of dance come from one ethnicity, nation, country or other. Does that mean, there should only be dance competitions amongst the people who belong to the same origin of the dance itself? Not just "step"

And where should this end exactly? What ever people discovered, any such thing, those should be the only people who are allowed access or use of said thing.

Who invented the car/automobile? Then only those people should be allowed to own/drive one. Phone, cell phone? Hockey, Baseball? Who were the first people to run? then those are the only ones allowed to run.

I am canadian, and no one else is allowed to say eh! ok? eh?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

Pride is standing your ground and fighting till death. What do you know of it? I see a whining people that squeel like children and say "not fair!". Where are your men that stand up for their families? Where are your warriors that ask only to be let alone in peace? Who are your Chiefs that teach the young the old ways, to be self sufficient and ask no one for help? Your lifestyle would shame our people. Perhaps it is only a cultural issue that I do not understand. Can you enlighten me?

respectfully
reluctantpawn

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I AM SO CONFUSED BY THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW!!

Have most of you people gone off your nutter on this last page?

And whats with all the posts saying our race did that, that belongs to 'us', we did this for you blah blah bl;ah...

What the hell does the skin color or culture of gender or age or height or the size of ones left foot have to do with the achievements of our ancestors.. So what if the guy who invented calculus was white, black, asian or female???

Discrimination is bad when we discriminate based on human attributes which have nothing to do with the achievement, be it race, gender, nationality or whatever. We all discriminate, (IE: you don't answer the questions on the test correctly you don't pass... discrimination based on your work)

If some white guy invented some crap, that doesn't mean that WE as a race invented it!! If some black guy invented jazz that doesn't mean WE as a race invented it.

When some science, or some art, or some cultural expression was invented it doesn't give you or me or anyone else who shares some physical feature with the inventor some sort of ownership or entitlement to it.

I'm not about to prevent women from studying einsteins laws because it's exclusive to males. Or bash a Japanese fellow for rapping. Or frown at a pacific islander for playing the violin.

If i want to play golf I will, who cares if I'm black. If I want to tribal dance, who cares if I'm white. If I want to be president who cares if I'm a woman...

You want to know who cares??? The racists, the sexists, and all the would be discriminatory.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
if the original people who left the kingdom wanted to be shipped back they would not have black skin.they were given a charge and their angst about looking different than what they remember is futile in relation to black, and black based methods of returning to a kingdom entirely changed by this angst.

black people developed pride and as a new invention it should remain within the black culture.people who feel differently have pride for the wrong reasons as they have not gone through what it takes to have pride in the way i define the word.

i still stand by my original comment in that coke did the right thing.regardless of whether or not i value pan hellenic values or systems of pride as equal to my own understanding of being black.

So you agree with coke? lol. By doing that you are demolishing what Dr. King died for. Yeah we all have war stories. You know I believe this is the only age in history where it is bad to be a white male. Oh well time goes on. Changes need be. Your pride that you speak of is culturally bias. So it is not true pride. It is a pride that you made up internally to look at the world in which you live and justify your own feelings. True pride will be the coming together of all nations for a common purpose.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
By 'we all discriminate' I mean, yeah we do, and it's okay, except when the discrimination is not directly pertained to the activity. Racism is never an acceptable form of discrimination...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
lol. Come on guys this is trolling at its finest. lol. If it is not. Then the OP is....well I am sure you all have your own names for it. He must really be into STEP though and knows a lot about it.

I have no idea why you are calling me a troll. I raised a perfectly legitimate issue about the double standards in place in America.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reluctant pawn; nothing of what you say matters as they are parts of life for you and your people correct?every subculture group has expressions and experiences they undergo within life, who am i to value or devalue what you claim as personally valuable for your owns sake?if you are so true about what you say and feel defeat in the meanderings of your existence act out the words you have expressed as worth to me about your culture on yourself and others.you should be ashamed to attempt to have my lifestyle; further you should be admonished for attempting to teach ways that were taught to you or your people to other people without having a firm grasp in what you mentioned prior to your expression of self guilt.if i lighten you will you lighten another?i take no respect in your closing comments and you are now labeled as an enemy of myself on ats.

respectfully
myself

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

Then answer my other question.

You have not answered a lot of people in this post. You didn't even quote my entire post. lol.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A lot of points in this conversation are things that really NEED to be hashed out.

NPR is carrying the story today on All Things Considered.
They have a story up here:
www.npr.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

By your logic, then African Americans shouldn't play basketball because it was invented by a white man.

If step is an art form that celebrates the African American experience then either you need to post in the rules that only African Americans can participate or acknowledge that everyone has the right to participate and possible win such a competition.

I leave you with the quote from MLK "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Wildbob77]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
mlk spoke those words before he was killed for them; does that matter to you personally or does what was spoken hold more weight to you as a "person" in "society"?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

at 2min even ...

"why's everyone mad?"

"because they know the white people won"

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join