It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Agrees The Winners Can't Be White.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWonder
pure ridiculousness.

and some people wonder where the racial issues in this world come from.

so a white team take's 1st, be happy for them, they've EARNED it, and most likely worked hard to get where they did.

seems to me like there was a higher population of african-americans present at the competition, i feel for the people on the stage that just won they must feel like dirt.

Wait, you can't call the first team "white." If the other team is "African-Americans" then you should be calling the first team "European-Americans", or "Irish-Americans", or "German-Americans." Unless you are a foreign exchange student doesn't that make all the participants "American?" I really hate the division that the black community self imposes on themselves by insisting that they be called "African-American." If I am white, they are black. No racism intended in the least bit.

I hereby insist that you now refer to me as Melanin challenged and give me special minority status.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
After going through this entire thread, I realized that America is really done for... I mean we are totally F''k'D, this whole country is FUBAR, and a revolutionary war will not occur, It will be a civil War amongst the various ethnic groups in this country.

People we are screwed there is no stopping what will occur, we are sitting on a Powder Keg, and all it takes is for a spark, and this nation will burn to the ground.
All the Ethnic groups are to blame, as well as the government for its years of allowing separate but equal, and then Special Rights.

It will be a war deadlier then the world has ever seen because let’s face it only Americans take killing to a whole new level.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter

This is essentially white people wishing they were tribal Africans.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by ImaNutter]

Looks like back peope also wishiing they were tribal Africans. They have as much in common with continental Africans as I do. Oh, perhaps a bit more with the skin color thing, but that's the only difference.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
if blacks in the subsystem of america and not the real america continue to be stolen from for profit; then they need to continue to be very secretive and staunch about how they interact with aliens in heaven or the false subsect that is the america aliens claim heritage.who is your founding father?and to claim that black comes from where you desire it to exist from for your own argument is foolish.pan hellenic council with a focus not on the history that is true for their letter organizations is bad.if these fake greeks wanted to step in a culturally expressive event honoring what is honorable within the eyes of peoples who find such honorable; whats the problem?but if you understand the reason behind the event then you will find the issue at hand has much to do with subsect "american" practices when dealing with the "master race" and a need to copy what one caste of peoples does for the profit of oneself.when i say master race it is hopefully not taken out of context; as the first mast to come to heaven/AKA america is not equal to your perceived expression of black emanation.you white people get directly what you want when you use these "race baiting" tactics, but you are not happy with the perfection of your receivance;deal with it!you will continue to act in similar ways ad infinitum; and the outcome of what you expect will never change from the perfection you receive.if you are truly pan hellenist you would find no issue in revealing the truth about hellenist ways and history! in what part does it state in hellenist history that "blacks" originated as slaves in america?further what part of pre hellenist history do you fail to understand that describes slavs and palestinians and other voyages from ur/creation center point then; that gives you a right to say unto another "my fate is your own"?

coke did the "right" thing in supporting black culture in truth by having the stance they have: weather or not they know the ramifications of their decision; or weather or not members of pan hellenic councils believe what they speak or what they are told; is an entirely different aspect that may or may not have been the focus of their decision.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Ausar]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I guess they'll have to get rid of the polar bears...

Magnum

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Esau Must Die

I appreciate the reply but you've put the ball in a court I play regularly. After 26 years as an engraver I happen to know a good deal about heraldry. You say there were no white coats of arms before the renaissance? Nonsense. Coats of arms first began around Henry I (1100 AD) and came into popular existence during the crusades not so much for identification purposes in battle but for the sake of vanity (who wants to be a nameless knight that looks like 300 other chaps in armor?).
I personally had never seen a negro character on a crest, humans are very rarely ever included in such. The design elements are complex and can be of real animals or mythical beasts, set against a shield with varying shapes and colors with mantling, helmets and so on completing the decoration.
All proper English crests bear a motto, none in the video showed this characteristic so we can cross out any of them being English. One of them was actually a beer company logo from africa.
Crests aren't unique to families however, they are created for religious and educational institutions , businesses and others. There is no way of knowing the age of the crests you show or what their origins were.
One last note is that the color black (or sable) is symbolic of grief and constancy. A black human figure may not necessarily denote a black man per se but can imply a human of ill fortune.
I'm not trying to ridicule what you believe, in fact I am wide open to different interpretations of history. I wasn't there and frankly I'm sure the church has whitewashed much (forgive the pun) to make their favored royalty look better to later generations. It is quite possible that there were kings in europe who were black althought modern historians would have us believe otherwise. Keep finding more information to support your argument if you wish to change minds. For myself I will keep an open mind towards what you propose and see what I can learn of it. A closed mind is a dead mind.
Respectfully yours, ATA

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
O.K. after reading this entire thread and the rhetoric that has gone both ways, I would like to respond from an outside and probably unwelcome POV. As an american of native descent [?] I would like to comment.

First a people should be glad that others want to share your "culture" Ours is still locked away on the reservation.

This dance received the most sincere form of complement imitation. Ours have been ridiculed and exterminated.

This dance was promoted by large corporate sponsors. Ours is completely ignored.

It must be nice to have a card to play. While you have been declared "equal" we have been declared a "nation". A "nation" without much help from anyone. One given Autonomy, until someone finds something of value on it that is.

Don't tlak to me about your culture. It is laughable.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
I guess they'll have to get rid of the polar bears...

Magnum

Actually, polar bear skin color is black.

On the topic: frankly, this is absurd, primarily as this is what happens when you allow your "culture" to be exploited for the purposes of entertainment and competition.

I know someone made a comparison to American Indian ritual dance, which is ridiculous. Show me the "HFCS Softdrink-sponsered Rain Dance competition" and I'll retract objection to this comparison, but if you allow something to be turned into a competative "sport" everyone is allowed to play.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

This is essentially white people wishing they were tribal Africans.

Why doesn't that statement apply to black frats and sororities?

I doubt most students on the black teams have "tribal" ancestors.

Or are you implying that ALL blacks are "tribal Africans."

Either one is an equally bigoted assumption. ( I can't call it a "presumption," because a presumption is based upon facts or observation, of which you have neither.)

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

ya ok,

give you the whine time bro. no prob, the white chicks ate the lunch, get over it and coke was wrong.

suck it up!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar

coke did the "right" thing in supporting black culture in truth by having the stance they have: weather or not they know the ramifications of their decision; or weather or not members of pan hellenic councils believe what they speak or what they are told; is an entirely different aspect that may or may not have been the focus of their decision.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Ausar]

Thank you for making my point clear. America is doomed there will be no victors in this Civil War, that will occur.... Are you happy or Ready for that to occur? Do you want this sort of Rubbish to continue?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
reply to post by Esau Must Die

I guess free food,money,health care,schooling and housing wasn't enough to even the score?We pay you to breed and then pay for offspring for cripes sake.You are allowed to do less,know less and produce less and still get promoted.We alter testing criteria so you can keep up and still all you do is bitch and moan.If you don't like it leave,I'm sure your ancestors have saved a hut for you back in mother Africa.

Don't forget your getting all that "obama money too!

You win the prize for most racist commentary so far in this thread. 2nd place is going to have their picture posted instead of yours, hope that doesn't bother you too much.
GI, did you read what you wrote? Black people have done just as much to make America a great nation as any other race. Entitlement programs may be a boondoggle but to think that blacks are the sole recipients is about as ignorant a statement as one can make. Your comment was disrespectful of every black american who has worked hard to make America a better country.
We all bleed red my friend, I hope you find a better appreciation of people that are not of your color.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
ok, now a black man is POTUS time to man up and stop all the BS.

jessie and al are out of a job, white people don't want to play this game anymore, lol!

coke sucks!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i dont understand what you are implying; but is phi a number known or a variable; or a representation of a letter, like the ones used in this sentence - to judge your character:is there any meaning to what i have just asked you?

if there isnt then your sentence hasnt begun as you are still reading what is written; do not change or add to what has been "stated"

back on topic;

if the subculture of america that practices in ways that are exclusive allowed others to participate im sure there would be problems for that culture group.would a wholly black owned company be allowed to exist that is similar to goldman sachs?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter
It's just my opinion folks. I knew after reading responses you wouldn't like it.

No one answered the actual question I had though... who here actually knows the history of step?

Who said white people can't have their own culture? They do. We own the United States, all of Europe, the international banking system... that's just off the top of my head. Just because someone cries racism it doesn't mean it is.

Put away your race cards and let's call things like they are.

White culture doesn't have a part in tribal Africa (other than stealing from it). So why are they competing in what boils down to a tribal ritual competition?

If white fraternities and sororities want to compete in something like this the very least they could do is source some Nordic rhythm and rituals...

I'm confused...So then, can those of sub-saharan African decent be disallowed from metalurgy, the wheel, written language, a monetary system, etc., since it isn't part of their ancient culture?!

You can;'t have it both ways. "Wha, their stealing my dance moves, but I can use their machines and stay in their comfortable homes!" Give me a break. Nothing is unique to anybody, or everything is unique to everybody. Unless it's genetics, it's fair game (and even then, I'm sure some rules can be broken)!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I find this rather petty. It was a dance competition and the young ladies who originally won just happened to be white. So what? Because they are white, they have no reason to compete or win? If the colors were reversed and the original group were all black, they still would have won. They were judged by their talent not color.

Having seen this particular dance for the first time, I found it quite interesting. Thanks for the vids!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

You make no Sense!!! What you are advocating is separate but equal... Do you want us to go back to the 1940's? White only places and Colored Only Places? If that’s the case We can do a stimulus to ship Blacks back to Africa.... If that’s what your advocated Separate but equal then what’s the point in being a Untied States of America?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

Why don't you get rid of your Farakhanish doublespeak and say what is on your mind. Gesh you sound worse than a politician!

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i personally side with manhood over matters of race; as i see my expression as a man first in america and as a black man second.but to fall back on unity in an issue were diversity is the focus is stupid(diversity amongst blacks amongst "aliens" in heaven).

regarding talent; it was outlawed when false builders saw a weight of a mans work as equal measure to his skill.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Clan McClellan's crest badge has a headless moor on it. It's kinda rough.
en.wikipedia.org...
I don't know if that counts or not.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by hadriana]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join