It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Agrees The Winners Can't Be White.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter
White culture doesn't have a part in tribal Africa (other than stealing from it). So why are they competing in what boils down to a tribal ritual competition?

Why are blacks allowed to compete in baseball, football, basketball? These are competitions invented by whites, it's part of 'white culture'.

If you want segregation, you should go back to the 1940's. They can have their tribal dances and black only schools and negro leagues. Would you support going back to the 'good ole days' of sitting in the back of the bus, and whites only restrooms?

You can't have it both ways. We are either all equal, or we are not. Pick one.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by minute2midnight]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
"If white fraternities and sororities want to compete in something like this the very least they could do is source some Nordic rhythm and rituals.."

lol, that's great, "WHITE PEOPLE ONLY" hey i'm all for that, just try to get that passed the ACLU, NAACP etc.

besides, does "river dance" ring any bells? i never saw that but is there a black in the line?

and you show me where the black teams are more "tribal" than the whites.

lol, you are backhanding these guys.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-2-2010 by fooks]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

By the way this discussion is about racism not Step. I will stop feeding the troll now.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
[quote/] Ethnic hatred is the Achilles tendon of North-Americans. A simple dance contest, provoke these reactions in the people, realize what is upcoming, concerning Barack Obama's government, economic crisis, opposition with ethnic bias, civil break-up... The ethnic domestic conflicts in USA are up to happen again and you people aren't realizing it... Sad!!

Well elaborate then.

What's the broader image you seen in Obama and ethnic conflicts?

I have no problem with Obama, well actually no I have a few....... but I also agree with him on some things.

You think Obama is a spark for ethnic controversy?

Well just elaborate.

I'm upset that someone who won, didn't win because of race.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Republican08]

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

How many of you above me who have replied above me have a good understanding of what step is?

I'm a pure bred western European white boy, in a Fraternity, and knowing what I know about step... I agree with coca cola...

This is essentially white people wishing they were tribal Africans.

This is going to ruffle some feathers but oh well.. I don't understand why black sororities and fraternities can't have something that is uniquely theirs, derived from their heritage?

[edit on 26-2-2010 by ImaNutter]

So based upon your logic, the only people who are entitled to enjoy any aspect of any culture are the members of that culture.

In that case, get all the non-Scots out of golf immediately, all the non-Canadians out of basketball, all the non-Brits out of tartan, all the non-Americans out of McDonald's, all the non-Mexicans out of the taco joints, all the non-Greeks out of the gyro joints, all the non-blacks out of the jazz and blues halls, take all the Louis Vuitton purses away from the non-French, get away from the printed word if you're not German, and please, please, for the love of god keep the fireworks away from the non-Chinese.

Can't people just keep their culture for themselves without all these interlopers muddying it up, learning from it, enjoying it, and furthering the human experience?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien

A simple dance contest

This is perfect because I thought about trying to make this point...

This is a STEP competition. STEP has its foundation from African tribal rhythms and "dance" moves from rituals.

To compete in step, you would be competing in a competition of African rhythm and rituals.

What the bloody bell do white people know about African tribalism???

That's all I'm trying to say.

And by the way, step is beautiful to watch. The demonstration our black fraternity and their sister sorority give each year is amazing. It's the kind of thing that gives you goosebumps and makes you say "wow." And I for one can stand back, without pulling out the now worn the hell out race card, and admire something that at its essence is AFRICAN.

Same way you can go to a Native American demonstration and say "wow" to the power and meaning of their rituals.

Admire it for what it is.

These white fraternities and sororities by the very definition of what it is, aren't doing step... they're dancing.

And this never was a dance competition. It's a STEP competition. So if you have no clue what the heck step is, what are you even on about?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
This reminds me of a story an acquaintance told of his school having an "African-American student of the year" award. Apparently the students themselves voted on all such awards. One particular year they picked a white student whose mother or father was a a white South African. It generated a lot of controversy, I believe.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

These white fraternities and sororities...

Would you please stop using that phrase?

There are NO white fraternities or sororities. They aren't allowed, that would be racist. Only non-whites are allowed to have their own frats. Because it's ok for them to be racist.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

A simple dance contest

This is a STEP competition. STEP has its foundation from African tribal rhythms and "dance" moves from rituals.

To compete in step, you would be competing in a competition of African rhythm and rituals.

And by the way, step is beautiful to watch. The demonstration our black fraternity and their sister sorority give each year is amazing. It's the kind of thing that gives you goosebumps and makes you say "wow." And I for one can stand back, without pulling out the now worn the hell out race card, and admire something that at its essence is AFRICAN.

Same way you can go to a Native American demonstration and say "wow" to the power and meaning of their rituals.

These white fraternities and sororities by the very definition of what it is, aren't doing step... they're dancing.

And this never was a dance competition. It's a STEP competition. So if you have no clue what the heck step is, what are you even on about?

My comment about the school system doing a number on you referred to you having been programed in such a way that you can't rationalize race issues. Your the new line of brainwashees entering college.

Sounds like your a big fan of Step. So is my cousin he's in college too, maybe you can hook up with him.

+27 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Ummm... you did see the Karate Kid, right?

Italian kid learns how to compete in a competition of Japanese fighting and rituals, AND WINS.

Besides, what the hell would modern American black kids know about "African" rhythm and rituals", any more than American white kids?

You think they send these black kids to Africa for deep study of that stuff? NOPE. They learn how to dance IN THE SAME SCHOOLS and CLUBS these white kids learn to dance in.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

You think Obama is a spark for ethnic controversy? Well just elaborate.

Spark??? No!! Actually Obama is a Freemasonry scapegoat, that ONLY was allowed be president of a majority Anglo-Saxon racist nation, to be used to set up the conditions to installation of the NWO. He isn't the spark. The spark is the North-American ethnic hate. An infected and non-healed wound.
Being the USA ruled by Freemasons, since what??? Since Independence... far before... since ever, the ONLY explanation to a negro being picked up by Freemasonry to be president, is a plot to push the country straightly to a new civil war. The perfect panorama to install Martial Law and suppress civil rights without controversial, once the own citizens created this condition. How??? Buying this Obama-Hatred propaganda that is fully working and increasing, once that the president can't reverse the economic situation, as fast as expected. Nice plot huh?? Perfect plane!!! America democracy is the last obstacle to a global dictatorship. The faster way of bring down USA isn't through outside wars, but inside wars. Like I said, the Achilles tendon of north-americans: The ethnic hate. That's the spark. The Obama-opposite propaganda with racial bias already lighted this spark. The clock is ticking...

Can you see what I'm seeing??? And I am nor even north-american...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It's sad really, racism is still live and well like a cockroach under your bed that just won't die. I'm just schocked the article says nothing of racism. I guess it's okay for blacks to be racist.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I can't keep up with all you guys who don't know what step is so I'll respond to one and all...

I'm sorry you don't agree with me.

I equate step to a demonstration done by Native Americans.

I support people celebrating their heritage.

I don't support people calling you racist for doing so.

You obviously don't need my permission to disagree, but you can.

I am making an argument about step and what step is, and no one here knows or cares to try and figure out what step is. It's a shame because maybe if you did you would learn what it is you're all bickering about.

You guys can have the thread back.. here, I'll start....

DIRTY RACISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Ummm... you did see the Karate Kid, right? Chicano kid learns how to compete in a competition of Japanese fighting and rituals, AND WINS.

Daniel Larusso was an Italian-American, not Chicano.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a2f697ce81.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Calling others racist for being able to recognize and rationalize what is racist, all the while calling for institutionalized racism. Do you see the problem here. And no it's not our lack of knowledge on the subject of Step.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye

Calling others racist for being able to recognize and rationalize what is racist, all the while calling for institutionalized racism. Do you see the problem here. And no it's not our lack of knowledge on the subject of Step.

I see looking at my last post how the "dirty racists" part could be misinterpreted.. I was joining you guys in calling what coca cola did racist... since any other opinion is considered trolling

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

reply to post by harrytuttle

Ummm... you did see the Karate Kid, right? Chicano kid learns how to compete in a competition of Japanese fighting and rituals, AND WINS.

Daniel Larusso was an Italian-American, not Chicano.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a2f697ce81.png[/atsimg]

LOL - woops! I always thought (since I was kid - and haven't thought about it since) that Ralph Macchio was chicano. I have NO IDEA where I got that idea when I was a kid - but once you get an idea in your head, even if that idea is incorrect (especially when never corrected - like learning the lyrics of a song incorrectly), it just sort of stays there!

So I will correct my post!

[edit on 26-2-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

Whenever " Larusso" gets introduced into a thread to prove a point.

no good can come of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

A simple dance contest

Thanks for the definition of Step. I'm am a more enlightened human being. But I have a question, is there a problem with these girls winning the competition? If so what is it??

[edit on 26-2-2010 by CaptSplatter]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye

My comment about the school system doing a number on you referred to you having been programed in such a way that you can't rationalize race issues. Your the new line of brainwashees entering college.

Sounds like your a big fan of Step. So is my cousin he's in college too, maybe you can hook up with him.

I missed this in the shuffle but I suppose it's worth a response...

I'm on my way out actually so I guess these new lines of brainwashed victims must really be sumpin' huh?

Racism goes away when you quit talking about it. As long as people talk about it, it exists.

For me, I could just easily say you've been brainwashed to think that any perceived slight against white people is because they're out to get our "race." Could this not be protecting their culture?

I want to respectfully celebrate and enjoy ALL cultures, respectfully meaning in the appropriate way. I'm not going to pretend to be part of Native American culture or part of African culture but that doesn't mean I can't take interest in it and celebrate our differences.

This is part of a bigger philosophy against globalization and it's outside the scope of this thread and I apologize for not articulating my opinion in such a way that it didn't piss all of you off ... have a good one, no harm meant...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join