It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca-Cola Agrees The Winners Can't Be White.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Co-winners named after step show result causes controversy, sponsor cites scoring discrepancy-- Los Angeles Times

ATLANTA (AP) — After days of controversy over a white group's win in a step competition, sponsor Coca-Cola said Thursday the second-place team will share top honors.

Coca-Cola said in a statement that a review of the scoring from Saturday's national contest revealed a "scoring discrepancy" that it declined to explain. This is the first year of the Sprite Step Off, but step contests are typically dominated by black sororities and fraternities.

Step is a historically black art form of rhythmic stepping and clapping. A YouTube video of the winning performance by a group of Zeta Tau Alphas from the University of Arkansas generated hundreds of comments, some of them inflammatory.

How come their is no mention of racism? I'm just blown away by this.

I'm guessing that the scoring discrepancy is that the judges forgot to deduct points for being white?

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on Fri Feb 26 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This video says it all.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is pretty stupid, and I'm not white.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

That's what I'm saying. It's just so blatant and sad. Coca-Cola needs to grow a pair.

[edit on

+108 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

Only whites are guilty of racism. Didn't you know that? Everyone else is just loving, peaceful and tolerant.

+8 more 
link   
pure ridiculousness.

and some people wonder where the racial issues in this world come from.

so a white team take's 1st, be happy for them, they've EARNED it, and most likely worked hard to get where they did.

seems to me like there was a higher population of african-americans present at the competition, i feel for the people on the stage that just won they must feel like dirt.

link   
is there a video of the actual competition? Kinda hard to judge without seeing it

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Man I did some searching, and all this stuff like white people can't dance, or do anything... you'd of thought that white people have a history of never doing anything ever.

First video I found someone shouts out "White chicks not allowed" or something of the sort....

WTF?

Should I shout this out on college campuses?

Olympics?

Or golf? Tiger Woods should be second place always because golf is known as a white sport.

www.spritestepoff.com...

2 first places? One for the white team, and one for the black team?

Guess i'm not surprised on the website there isn't one single picture out of all of them of a white person, even the winning team doesn't have a picture, compared to all other teams who have pictures.

I'm almost feeling like trying to go against the curve and not be a racist is a waste of time. Kind of feel like it'd just be easier to hate blacks, mexicans, and asians, because it appears all the other races just hate everyone else, and appears that it's NEVER going to change.........

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
How many of you above me who have replied above me have a good understanding of what step is?

I'm a pure bred western European white boy, in a Fraternity, and knowing what I know about step... I agree with coca cola...

This is essentially white people wishing they were tribal Africans.

This is going to ruffle some feathers but oh well.. I don't understand why black sororities and fraternities can't have something that is uniquely theirs, derived from their heritage?

[edit on 26-2-2010 by ImaNutter]

+27 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

What? You agree with institutionalized racism? Maybe these girls are the Jackie Robinsons of Step.

+80 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter
I don't understand why black sororities and fraternities can't have something that is uniquely theirs, derived from their heritage?

White people can't have things that are uniquely theirs, that would be called racist. They want equality, but they don't want to be equals. It goes both ways. This is racism, pure and simple.

+36 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter
How many of you above me who have replied above me have a good understanding of what step is?

I'm a pure bred western European white boy, in a Fraternity, and knowing what I know about step... I agree with coca cola...

This is going to ruffle some feathers but oh well.. I don't understand why black sororities and fraternities can't have something that is uniquely theirs, derived from their heritage?

There is SO much wrong here, I have to believe that this is just pure trolling...

And I'm sure it's not about whites wanting to be tribal africans........ almost 100%

If everyone wants the segregation so badly, let's have the blacks go to their own schools, whites in their own schools, asians in their own school, and separate everybody, if we can't act like humans, then **** it, segregate everyone.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

maybe I wasn't expecting it, .... but your post made me laugh, .... hard.

I know u were prolly trying to be serious, ... but the Jackie Robinson of Step, ... LoL.

it's true though, the Racism card is getting kilt by black people, .... all the while they can say anything they want to about White people.

What is there was a movie called Black Man Can't Swim, or something like this.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It's just my opinion folks. I knew after reading responses you wouldn't like it.

No one answered the actual question I had though... who here actually knows the history of step?

Who said white people can't have their own culture? They do. We own the United States, all of Europe, the international banking system... that's just off the top of my head. Just because someone cries racism it doesn't mean it is.

Put away your race cards and let's call things like they are.

White culture doesn't have a part in tribal Africa (other than stealing from it). So why are they competing in what boils down to a tribal ritual competition?

If white fraternities and sororities want to compete in something like this the very least they could do is source some Nordic rhythm and rituals...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
And I'm sure it's not about whites wanting to be tribal africans........ almost 100%

If everyone wants the segregation so badly, let's have the blacks go to their own schools, whites in their own schools, asians in their own school, and separate everybody, if we can't act like humans, then **** it, segregate everyone.

All I advocate is letting people celebrate their respective cultures.

Are white people going to start doing the rain dance and call it theirs too?

Instead of calling me a troll when I'm attempting to make a point, why not point out what you think is wrong with what I said, specifically?

I typed it... it's there... quote it and tear it to pieces if you like but don't try and equate what I said to advocating segregation like you're stating it. You said that, not me.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Your bleeding heart has caused you to lose your mind. To answer your question I know nothing about Step, nor do I care to. That's not the issue. I do know the history of basketball. Can I apply your logic to it or any other competition? I think the school system might have done a number on you.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
This indiscrepancy bothers you? Coming from a company that got it's start marketing coc aine in a drink, and now selling a POISON that is making the public fat, and sick. I'm talking HFCS. You know they are unethical from their previous behavior, why would it surprise you when they continue being scum?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If Coca-Cola won't allow the judges to decide the outcome, then why have "judges"?

If Coca-Cola won't allow a (predominantly) white fraternity to win, then why allow them to compete?

This is the Zeta girls doing the winning performance:

Here are the Alpha's peformance (you decide):

[edit on 26-2-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye

To answer your question I know nothing about Step, nor do I care to.

Don't hate on the school systems... we (white people) own them too!

You can't discuss something you know nothing about, nor care to learn about.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

LightWonder said:
seems to me like there was a higher population of african-americans present at the competition, i feel for the people on the stage that just won they must feel like dirt.

ImaNutter said:

minute2midnight said:
White people can't have things that are uniquely theirs, that would be called racist. They want equality, but they don't want to be equals. It goes both ways. This is racism, pure and simple.

Republican08 said:
And I'm sure it's not about whites wanting to be tribal africans........ almost 100% If everyone wants the segregation so badly, let's have the blacks go to their own schools, whites in their own schools, asians in their own school, and separate everybody, if we can't act like humans, then **** it, segregate everyone.

Ethnic hatred is the Achilles tendon of North-Americans. A simple dance contest, provoke these reactions in the people, realize what is upcoming, concerning Barack Obama's government, economic crisis, opposition with ethnic bias, civil breake-up... The ethnic domestic conflicts in USA are up to happen again and you people aren't realizing it... Sad!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join