It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Destroyer Star & The Future of Mankind

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I see that you are not posting evidence for ancient knowledge of the planets beyond Saturn. This is because you cannot do it.

Your post is a sham and you and everyone else knows it. The use of the logical fallacy of proving a universal negative doesn't fly either.

Again, do you have any evidence for ancient knowledge of planets beyond Saturn?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by NoahTheSumerian
reply to post by stereologist

You sir, are a closed-minded disinfo agent - whether you are aware of that or not.

The categorical statement that 'no ancients were aware of planets beyond Saturn' is an absolute joke. Piles of textual evidence point to knowledge of advanced astronomy in the twentieth century BC, which was far beyond what we as humans had prior to the twentieth century AD.

Anyone who reads my post, please be aware that people like Stereologist will generally stop at nothing, ignoring multiple evidential finds and intelligent hypotheses, simply to prove that they are right and we (who seek after truth) are wrong. Anyone who is seriously looking for the truth of the matter (as opposed to simply trying to disprove something that doesn't sit well with them) will look at the evidence (archaeological, geological, biological, textual, cultural traditions etc) and will keep an open mind as to what the possible conclusions might mean for humanity.

And don't try to tell me that people like Sitchin aren't qualified to offer well-reasoned, logical, fact-fitting and downright sensible conclusions based on the evidence drawn across the past few centuries.

FOR GOODNESS' SAKE, STOP TRYING TO FORCE PEOPLE TO ACCEPT A BUTTON-DOWN, BS WORLDVIEW, when the reality is infinitely more mind-stretching (and yet fits the evidence much better than the traditional theories of evolution, societal development etc).

The Truth is there for the taking - don't let people like Stereologist/ Harte et al put you off.

Noah.

What piles of textual evidence? The only thing I can think of is the drawing of a star and 10 or so "planets" around it, which was thoroughly debunked, so please, give me more.

OMFG how many god damn idiots are in this country? DEBUNKED?! LMFAO

Oh man I would serious wish people would die in this world. It would be a better place. I really do hope Nibiru is real. I can hear the first words out of your mouth and it will be, "OH SHHHHH!"

sorry mods just angry at close minded fools on ancient archeology.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

It's not surprising that once again you are unable to provide any evidence, only a poorly worded ad hominem attack in which you openly suggested that people should die. Very sad.

So now all you can do is be a close minded fool and shut your eyes and ears to simple astronomy that says no new planets in the orbits of the known planets. Instead you pray that tens of thousands of astronomers are wrong and that in some ridiculous way you might be correct.

The only way for this to happen is for you to pull together your kiddie fantasies and wish upon a star. Try listening to Jimminy Cricket for a few hours and see what your fantasies can bring.

In the mean time the rest of us will learn something about this amazing universe of ours and discover truth.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
When I have time and inclination I will post links to evidence concerning knowledge possessed bythe ancients. Bear in mind that the cause suffers as a result of the time elapsed, and occurrences like the destruction of the Library of Alexandria, the Spanish Conquistador's destruction of Mayan documents and stelas etc.

Stereologist is clearly trying to dominate this thread by posting reams of aggressive rebuttals - I would urge anyone interested in finding out more about the ancients to undertake their own independent research, and not to be dissuaded by the likes of stereologist. He obviously values his own intellect, and is effectively massaging his ego by flaming everyone who has the courage to buck the trend.

We (as people who would like to give credit where credit is due, in terms of the achievements of the ancients) are fighting a lop-sided battle. Stereologist is aware of the balance of power/resources, and has jumped on the mainstream bandwagon, for whatever reason (could be many).

One day, not too far away, things will become much clearer. The muddied waters will settle, and one or two folks might have to quietly eat humble pie. They certainly won't be rampaging across ATS telling all and sundry how sorry they are for acting as agents of disinfo.

Conversely, if it turns out that this universe, and this moment in time, is entirely 'ordinary' (though it is foolish to try and describe our majestic cosmic environment as such), then I WILL be on here, posting a thread entitled:

'THANK HEAVENS FOR THAT - IT REALLY WAS A SOCIETAL BOUT OF CATASTROPHISM'...

I would relish the oppurtunity to write that thread, as it would mean we can look forward to the rest of our lives in relative security and comfort. Until then, I'll be keeping an open mind - I suggest you all do the same.

edit - attributed 'death-wish' quote to wrong person.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by NoahTheSumerian]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
As usual no evidence was posted.

Instead of disputing evidence Noah, you see fit to attack the messenger of evidence with dubious claims such as "flaming everyone" and "jumped on the mainstream bandwagon".

At best there is the claim that "One day, not too far away, things will become much clearer."

No one has tried to substantiate this claim. Instead of shoring up this claim with some evidence its another ad hominem attack.

Do you have any evidence for ancient knowledge of planets beyond Saturn?

So far no one has disputed the following:
1. Constraining the orbits of planet sized objects to outside the orbits of the known planets
2. The 3600 year orbit proposed by Sitchin is unstable
3. The missing google sky data is available online

So it seems that the evidence is heavily against any planet size object being in the orbit of the known planets.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Oh, it's you again! Is this your fulltime job - debunking Nibiru? You've got Nibiruitis. Beats me why you're so fascinated about something you don't believe in. Are you going to bring in Sitchin next and tell me you know more about Nibiru than he does? Or quote some unknown 'expert' and tell us to believe him and thus you?
Sterologist, you are transparent!

mclinking

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

Since Sitchin published fiction there is hardly any reason to refer to him.

Again you provide zero evidence to support your claim. Amazing how no one can provide any evidence for the support of a nonexistent planet and I can finds scads of evidence against.

Do you have any evidence to post?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Yes, on other threads. I don't boil my cabages twice. Try Welcome from the Benevolents, you'd have a field day there!

mclinking

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

So no you do not have any evidence to post. But you do have time to moan and complain.

So again no evidence posted.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

what happened to the days of "state your opinion and be done with it"?

instead you are on here arguing incessantly with everyone, trying to prove that you are right and everyone else's opinion is wrong.

that tells me one of two things about you:

1--you desperately WANT someone to prove you are wrong, so that you can solidify your curiosity. (because you secretly DO believe, but can't find any hard evidence that satisfies your conscience)

or

2--it's just a hobby of yours to jump in and jack a thread and stir things up.

it doesn't make sense why you don't just say "hey, i think you're way off. there's no hard proof. I completely disagree with this thread." done.

and if you do disagree, then why keep arguing?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

It's not surprising that once again you are unable to provide any evidence, only a poorly worded ad hominem attack in which you openly suggested that people should die. Very sad.

So now all you can do is be a close minded fool and shut your eyes and ears to simple astronomy that says no new planets in the orbits of the known planets. Instead you pray that tens of thousands of astronomers are wrong and that in some ridiculous way you might be correct.

The only way for this to happen is for you to pull together your kiddie fantasies and wish upon a star. Try listening to Jimminy Cricket for a few hours and see what your fantasies can bring.

In the mean time the rest of us will learn something about this amazing universe of ours and discover truth.

Here is two words for you Denver Airport.

Do you think they care about you the people you are working for the elites or whoever?

They probably say "good job" to you and then fly off in their private jet and head to the underground facility at Denver Airport. Then laugh at all the idiots they hired to debunk all the Nibiru stuff to make them look crazy.

I really do hope it is real. I am tired of the human race. They are turning this place into hell and they don't even realize it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclinking

Oh, it's you again! Is this your fulltime job - debunking Nibiru? You've got Nibiruitis. Beats me why you're so fascinated about something you don't believe in. Are you going to bring in Sitchin next and tell me you know more about Nibiru than he does? Or quote some unknown 'expert' and tell us to believe him and thus you?
Sterologist, you are transparent!

mclinking

He is probably the owner site of www.sitchiniswrong.com It sounds like to me that guy is just a grammar nazi and his version is right and alien version is wrong.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
star and flag thanks

2nd line

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by jazz10

I see that you are not posting evidence for ancient knowledge of the planets beyond Saturn. This is because you cannot do it.

Your post is a sham and you and everyone else knows it. The use of the logical fallacy of proving a universal negative doesn't fly either.

Again, do you have any evidence for ancient knowledge of planets beyond Saturn?

Okay stereologist I’ll take your offer. Even though I don’t believe in Nibiru, The Destroyer, Wormwood, Nemesis or any other name given to it by cultures from all around the world… I will seek the information you keep demanding. However I must demand something from you as well. In more then one thread within this forum you have called Lucus (from The Rabbits Hole) a Liar. So I want you to show us three examples of him lying. Not on the same subject, but three different occasions where he lied. Because anyone of us can have links to bad information, that doesn’t mean anyone is lying, unless you can prove that person knows for a fact the information they posted or linked too, is in fact wrong… However if you can find three examples of flatass wrong information, then I can begin to understand and maybe even agree to your condemnation of that man and his website… If you cannot or will not, then ALL OF ATS will know you are the liar.

Now regarding my part, I need to ask you a couple of questions. You said you want proof that an ancient culture, Sumerians, talked about more then 5 planets. Well I happen to know someone who can not only read Cuneiform, but who also used to work with Zecharia Sitchin. I will ask him if he knows of any texts within the Sumerian texts that speak of more then 5 planets, and if he knows of a book to read, or if he knows of a link that actually talks of all 12 planets. That's right 12... We are number 7 btw… But I would rather get the information from someone who spent years researching and learning to read Sumerian texts, then pointing you to countless videos, including the history channel regarding what the Sumerians had to say. My question to you is, would you find that acceptable? IF not, why the hell not?

The second question I believe you keep demanding is to show you a video that shows a Planet X. Would you accept a source who isn’t talking about Nibiru in any meaningful way, he just simply shows the video because someone gave it to him. In his video he claims it used to be on the NASA’s website but has since been removed. Would you find that video acceptable… If not, why the hell not.

And lastly… I do believe you said you want some other cultures, other then Mayan or Egyptian texts, referring to this supposed time frame.

Would Mother Shipton count? If not, why the hell not?

Would the Cherokee Rattlesnake Prophecy count? Or how about…
Prophecy of Sequoyah. Do either of these count? If not, why the hell not?

Would the Hindu 2012 Prophecy count? If not, why the hell not?

Would the Hopi Prophecy count. If not, why the hell not?

Would the Sybil Prophecy count? If not, why the hell not?

Would the Zohar Prophecy count? If not, why the hell not?

I could literally post hundreds of these prophecies that point to our time, and each has nothing to do with the Mayan or Egyptian cultures… Some talk about a large planet, some talk of a large heavenly body, some talk of aliens, some talk of the Sun just going nuts, and still others talk about the Second or First coming of their messiah… And I didn‘t even post Christian Prophecy or Islamic Prophecy, which also points to our time…

Now, I’ve started on my quest to answer your questions. To find textual evidence that talks about more then 5 planets… To find at least one video that shows a body in space, from a source that isn’t trying to push the whole Planet X theory. And to find cultures other then the Mayan’s or Egyptian’s who talk about our time. I believe I’ve already succeeded in providing information for part 3 of your request.

And after I post this, I will be sending a text message to my friend to see if he can point me to Sumerian texts talking of more then 5 planets… And then sometime before next weekend, most likely sooner then that… I will find that video that shows a MASSIVE body entering our Solar System and not one word was said about it, from a source who doesn’t seem to have any vested interest in Planet X.

Now… Its your turn… please post at least three different things that proves Lucus is lying. If you refuse, then everyone on ATS will know you are here to flame and troll and nothing more. You calling Lucus a liar attacks me personally. Because I’ve been all over his website and checked his sources to find out just how real his information is. To call him a liar means I’m a liar because I’ve found his sources to be truthful… But I must admit I haven’t personally checked everything on his site… But I have referred his site to family and friends, and to people on the Internet… And if he’s a liar as you claim, then I am passing on information to people I care about, that you say is not truthful. So please prove your statements. To call someone a liar is very strong language, and now I am demanding… If I’m going to spend the time to answer your questions… You must answer my questions… Prove Lucus is a liar… prove it with links…

I thank you in advance for your time spent helping to prove your contentions, and I will be back before next weekend with all the information I can find to help answer your questions… and I’m pretty sure all of ATS, as well as myself, will expect you to be back with your proof within the same time frame.

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 6-5-2010 by littlebunny]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by contrafear

OK. Another complaint. Again no evidence posted.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

So your evidence for the existence of the destroyer star, the topic of the thread, is that Denver has an airport.

Can you explain how an airport implies the existence of a celestial body?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Not the owner, but thanks for informing me about the site. I'll see if the info is legit or not.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I accept the offer to point out lies perpetrated by Lucus although I have to say it was so painful going through parts of the video and his website. Ill just will have to grin and bare it, won't I little bunny?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
My challenge was to this unsupported claim:

The categorical statement that 'no ancients were aware of planets beyond Saturn' is an absolute joke. Piles of textual evidence point to knowledge of advanced astronomy in the twentieth century BC, which was far beyond what we as humans had prior to the twentieth century AD.

Any translation would have to be a generally accepted translation. Any evidence must name the source including the name of the ancient text, the pertinent text from that source, and why this indicates knowledge of other planets. If there is an online source for the original text, then we want a link.
Oh yes and the ancients knew of Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. That leaves Uranus and Neptune as the only planets unknown to the ancients. I'll accept evidence that they knew about Eris, Pluto, Sedna, or any object larger than that. Comets and meteors are not acceptable.

Fair enough? IF not, why the hell not?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sure, show a video. If it came from a NASA website, then we'll want to identify the image. You know the basic things like the instrument that made the video, the dates when the images were taken, and the orientation that the instrument had when taking the video.

Fair enough? IF not, why the hell not?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join