It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Destroyer Star & The Future of Mankind

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Not at all. He says he leaves it to his readers to decide after he draws conclusions on the material.

He also misrepresents facts such as the IRAS info. He quotes from a newspaper article that got it wrong. Does he mention the peer reviewed article that got it right that the objects were a new type of galaxy. Did he tell you that the IRAS was a huge success and pivotal in this discovery? NO. He lets you think that a goofed write up by a reporter is the truth. Either he is a hoaxer or his research was incredibly bad - on the moron level.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

The idea that people thought the earth round, then flat, and then round again is a myth. What people were unsure of was the size. Look at Columbus. He had 3 weeks provisions and was prepared to sail west from Spain to get to China. It's a good thing he ran into a new continent or he would have died.

No ancients knew about the planets beyond Saturn. Although Uranus had been seen a few times it was not recognized as a planet at first. The Greeks though at first that the evening and morning stars were different planets. Did they know the colors? Only of the ones from Saturn inward.

Does Lucus offer verifiable references? No. He gives a few references. Is any of his new conclusions on the ancients true? Well no. He dumps a lot of unverified junk on you and tells you its a fact.

Basically he's fraud.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

So you use the false claim that people thought it was flat after they realized the earth was round?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

It was easy. All you have to do is think. People that don't think and takes things hook, line, and sinker get conned. Go ask Madoff.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Doglord

What's apophenia? I' too lazy to look it up. ( I'm not poking fun at anyone, I'm serious) I do think that a synopsis of video's being presented is a good idea. So they are presenting false star fields to obscure something they do not want to see? Interesting. What ever happened to the planet sized object's around the Sun? SOMETHING is going on! Is it inbound planets, space ships?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Klaatumagnum

Apophenia is the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data.

The only planet sized objects around the sun are the known planets.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Nibiru is something I have a hard time believing in.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007

Originally posted by Moonman1111
They are hiding the 'blue star' that is coming out of Orion.

Oh noes run to the hills......
give me a break, even if a star was moving out from Orion towards us do you have any idea how far away Orion is???? try 1,500 and 1,600 light-years. A light year is the distance light travelling at 300000Km per sec can do in one year.

DO some basic research.......

Another thing if this story was true I rather take my chances on the surface then to go into the earth where I could experience cave ins or having the exits blocked by millions tonnes of rubble...

and what is this of a 3600 year cycle????
The only thing that happened was the eruption of Thera in which altered the worlds climate and brought about the end of many civiisations of that time. If some other planetary force was responsible for Thera erupting dont you think it would have set off other volcanoes??? Considering there was no major disruption to the Earth then I hardly think you can go around claiming that theres a 3600 yr cycle..

People really need to start using their brains and stop other people filling their heads with crap.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by loner007]

Wow dude - don't bash something you clearly...

a) Know nothing about,
b) Obviously can't be bothered learning about before making your wonderfully mainstream opinion known.

If you hadn't started drawing attention to your lack of knowledge concerning an apparent 3600 yr cycle, then it looks like you might have had something to contribute... I refer to your criticism of the blue star theory - I hadn't come across it before, and I agree that given the distances involved it's not what we should be worrying about. However, I personally don't think they're obscuring something that far away.

In fact, on reflection I feel strongly that the obfuscation seen in the vid is actually DISINFORMATION - making us all leap to shout 'AHAAA...!' - conveniently making us ignore more subtle obfuscation elsewhere in the astronomical applications... :bnghd:

Read Alan F Alford 'Gods of the New Millenium (at least, the first 6 chapters) then come back and talk about the possibility of a 3,600 year cycle and what this might mean concerning the obfuscation tactics seen in the video. There's loads of textual/ archaeological evidence that SOMETHING went on, particularly from roughly 11,000BC, then at 3,600 year intervals since, and is related to the dawning and progression of modern human society. It even appears that the same culprits might have been coming and going since around 500,000 years ago.

NB - I haven't watched the video yet, but it's almost certainly not entirely aprophenia, as another cynical poster has suggested. That stance, viewing people who try to connect the dots as aprophenic, is basically BS. The same sort of label could be applied to archeologists, economic theorists, diagnostic practitioners etc under certain conditions. In the main, it's only an unwillingness to examine potential evidence and possible interconnectedness that is deserving of criticism.

Again, there's always an exception to the rule - reference is drawn to David Icke and his reptilian shenanigans as Exhibit 1. I hope to high heaven he's guilty of severe aprophenia.

Noah

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NoahTheSumerian

Roll on 2013 when we can start all the SO what happened in 2012 threads and all these conmen start there theories on the next year disaster will strike I WONT HOLD MY BREATH.

I have a laugh we people talk about google sky its NOT A TELESCOPE its software THEY uses images they get from others so guess what if an image has a problem and they use it you see the same problem.

Hundreds in fact Thousands of amatuer astronomers around the world would have spotted something by now this Nibiru stuff is BS and that is a FACT!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
This video shows the 3 different astronomy programs using different methods of camouflage...

What are they hiding..?..??

They are not hiding anything its missing data.
go here skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov... and type in the co-ords you want to look at. For instance, this
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/173c8f9fe947.jpg[/atsimg]
is the same as this
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/515a0352bcd7.jpg[/atsimg]

You can do the same with the orion missing data panel
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fd6b47cb3f5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You sir, are a closed-minded disinfo agent - whether you are aware of that or not.

The categorical statement that 'no ancients were aware of planets beyond Saturn' is an absolute joke. Piles of textual evidence point to knowledge of advanced astronomy in the twentieth century BC, which was far beyond what we as humans had prior to the twentieth century AD.

Anyone who reads my post, please be aware that people like Stereologist will generally stop at nothing, ignoring multiple evidential finds and intelligent hypotheses, simply to prove that they are right and we (who seek after truth) are wrong. Anyone who is seriously looking for the truth of the matter (as opposed to simply trying to disprove something that doesn't sit well with them) will look at the evidence (archaeological, geological, biological, textual, cultural traditions etc) and will keep an open mind as to what the possible conclusions might mean for humanity.

And don't try to tell me that people like Sitchin aren't qualified to offer well-reasoned, logical, fact-fitting and downright sensible conclusions based on the evidence drawn across the past few centuries.

FOR GOODNESS' SAKE, STOP TRYING TO FORCE PEOPLE TO ACCEPT A BUTTON-DOWN, BS WORLDVIEW, when the reality is infinitely more mind-stretching (and yet fits the evidence much better than the traditional theories of evolution, societal development etc).

The Truth is there for the taking - don't let people like Stereologist/ Harte et al put you off.

Noah.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

No, it's not a 'fact' that Nibiru, Anuna/Annunaki is BS. It's a conclusion you've drawn based on the info you have available. It's a watery theory at best.

The US military began studies with aircraft some time ago (from memory, no links at the moment), looking at ways to bend light across the curvature of the craft, in order to camouflage it from an observing party (someone taking VISUAL, not radar data). If there is an advanced culture, speeding towards us on some sort of adapted high-tech planet, my bet is that they employ similar technology to obfuscate their approach (and with considerably more success than the partial success of our own twentieth century military powers).

And yes, that's speculation. However, it's based on basic military strategy ("don't let the enemy see you coming") and an extrapolation across hundreds of thousands of year's from our own real and (what we can only assume to be) inferior technology.

And I would love it if all this proves to be BS. Because then I won't need to worry about the world changing on a scale not witnessed previously in the age we find ourselves in. However, I'm keeping the possibility in the back of my mind, and I don't think that the Egyptian/Sumerian texts, worldwide archaeological evidence, human genomic discrepancies and modern indicators of conspiracy should be completely ignored.

IN MY OPINION.

Cannot state that it is fact, but that's my point really, because NEITHER CAN YOU.

Noah.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoahTheSumerian

You sir, are a closed-minded disinfo agent - whether you are aware of that or not.

The categorical statement that 'no ancients were aware of planets beyond Saturn' is an absolute joke. Piles of textual evidence point to knowledge of advanced astronomy in the twentieth century BC, which was far beyond what we as humans had prior to the twentieth century AD.

Anyone who reads my post, please be aware that people like Stereologist will generally stop at nothing, ignoring multiple evidential finds and intelligent hypotheses, simply to prove that they are right and we (who seek after truth) are wrong. Anyone who is seriously looking for the truth of the matter (as opposed to simply trying to disprove something that doesn't sit well with them) will look at the evidence (archaeological, geological, biological, textual, cultural traditions etc) and will keep an open mind as to what the possible conclusions might mean for humanity.

And don't try to tell me that people like Sitchin aren't qualified to offer well-reasoned, logical, fact-fitting and downright sensible conclusions based on the evidence drawn across the past few centuries.

FOR GOODNESS' SAKE, STOP TRYING TO FORCE PEOPLE TO ACCEPT A BUTTON-DOWN, BS WORLDVIEW, when the reality is infinitely more mind-stretching (and yet fits the evidence much better than the traditional theories of evolution, societal development etc).

The Truth is there for the taking - don't let people like Stereologist/ Harte et al put you off.

Noah.

What piles of textual evidence? The only thing I can think of is the drawing of a star and 10 or so "planets" around it, which was thoroughly debunked, so please, give me more.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I'm sorry but your posts Noah are as close minded as they can be. You have swallow this line of reasoning hook, line, and sinker without thinking. Too bad.

Show me one instance in which ancients knew about Neptune. You can't. Your vacuous claim without references to advanced astronomy of the ancients is typical hogwash.

Those who seek the truth need to look and challenge the nonsense spouted by people like Velikovsky, Icke, Lucus, Sitchin and others that is easily falsifiable. Take Sitchinin particular. His claims of a 3600 year cycle are nonsense just on the orbit. Sitchin did not bother to find out that the proposed orbit is unstable. He did not bother to find out that such a planet would affect the orbits of the known planets in an observable way. His quack translations are not supported by anyone else who actually can translate Sumerian tablets. His work fails in countless ways.

It is a well established fact that there can be no planet sized objects within 320AU of the earth. Pluto is 39 AU out. That puts anything out there 8x the distance out as Pluto and it NEVER enters the orbits of the known planets.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The Denver airport should be enough to make people realize something is going on.

Pretty good presentation so far, worth the watch.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

So now we know that no planet sized objects exist in the solar system within 320AU of the sun. If anything planet sized is out there it does not enter the orbits of the known planets.

constraining the orbits of Planet X and Nemesis

So now we know that visually and gravimetrically we can exclude the existence of objects to a great distance from the sun.

Your evidence is that Sitchin is unqualified to translate Ancient texts. The stories are just stories. Archaeological evidence in general has been twisted and misrepresented to demonstrate a nonexistent planet.

So now you claim that no one can demonstrate that an incoming object does not exist. Those are the words of a close minded person unable to view the spectrum of information available.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by stereologist]

[edit on 4-5-2010 by stereologist]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Isis_Is_I

What are you claiming here - the Denver airport is a megalithic astronomical site?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Have you actually done any research of your own at all?
Trying to bump this thread by using your own ignorant views, and claiming that its all BS? Way to go

You my friend are going to be one of those that chose not to open your eyes and will be one of those that will be replying solely for appologies.

Theres not only you that do it theres a pack of disinfo agents on here.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Do you have anything useful to post?
Do you have any evidence for ancient knowledge of planets beyond Saturn?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Do you have anything useful to post?
Do you have any evidence for ancient knowledge of planets beyond Saturn?

Do you? Apart from dis info?
Do you have any evidence for ancient knowledge of planets beyond Saturn does NOT exist?

I think you need to start answering your own questions before you ask me any?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by jazz10]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join