It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Baby born with fish-scale skin

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Baby born with fish-scale skin


news.ninemsn.com.au

A Chinese baby is suffering an incredibly rare disorder that makes his skin peel off like fish scales.

Song Dehui has been seeking help for his son's severe lamellar ichthyosis, an autosomal recessive disorder that strikes one in 600,000 people and lasts for life.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Lamellar ichthyosis

Link to an example of the condition.

I would like to say this is proof of reptilian genetics in our system, however, i am not inclined to think this is any kind of smoking gun regarding this topic.

1 in 600,000 is rare. With 6billion people it is possible that 10,000 people have this disease. Is it people with this skin disease that has led to reports and sightings of reptilians?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow
 



I would like to say this is proof of reptilian genetics in our system, however, i am not inclined to think this is any kind of smoking gun regarding this topic.


I would disagree with that. If you buy into the concept that we all came from a single celled organism, then is it not fair to say that all of our DNA comes from the same place, but has, through the course of time, been altered to its present state?

Alterations to DNA creates uncharacteristic features.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
I would disagree with that. If you buy into the concept that we all came from a single celled organism, then is it not fair to say that all of our DNA comes from the same place, but has, through the course of time, been altered to its present state?

Alterations to DNA creates uncharacteristic features.


Yet we can still inherit similarities from our parents. There is alot of information found in that one cell.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Considering that we, as mammals, are evolved from reptiles, this sort of thing, tho rare, probably isn't that surprising.
This really sucks for that poor baby and his family tho.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   


Lamellar ichthyosis (LI) is an autosomal recessive disorder that is apparent at birth and is present throughout life. The newborn is born encased in a collodion membrane that sheds within 10-14 days. The shedding of the membrane reveals generalized scaling with variable redness of the skin. The scaling may be fine or platelike, resembling fish skin. Although the disorder is not life threatening, it is quite disfiguring and causes considerable psychological stress to affected patients.

Sounds more reptilian than fish scales.

And I can't really explain this one.



[edit on 26-2-2010 by JBA2848]



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow

Baby born with fish-scale skin


news.ninemsn.com.au

A Chinese baby is suffering an incredibly rare disorder that makes his skin peel off like fish scales.

Song Dehui has been seeking help for his son's severe lamellar ichthyosis, an autosomal recessive disorder that strikes one in 600,000 people and lasts for life.
(visit the link for the full news article)


What
a
sick
sick
world.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Things like this remind me why i was once an atheist.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
Things like this remind me why i was once an atheist.


Things like this remind me why I still am.

If that was a dog, people would be screaming for euthanasia because it would be the humane thing to do. It's genetically screwed up, not evidence of reptilian genetics, and isn't going to get better. Put it out of its misery.

For evidence of reptilian genetics, look at a chicken.



posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup

Originally posted by DeathShield
Things like this remind me why i was once an atheist.


Things like this remind me why I still am.

If that was a dog, people would be screaming for euthanasia because it would be the humane thing to do. It's genetically screwed up, not evidence of reptilian genetics, and isn't going to get better. Put it out of its misery.

For evidence of reptilian genetics, look at a chicken.

i agree with you..what kind of life would it be for the kid..i just cant imagine..even worse for the parents to put their whole life into it...and what will happen when they pass..



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join