It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman avoids jail after sex with boy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I almost mentioned this in KyoZero's survey threads, but it didn't seem to be properly relevant. I was in a similar situation to this lad when I was 14, except the woman was in her late 20s, it was far from an isolated incident & nobody ever found out.
For most of my life I've considered that it did me no harm, quite the opposite. I certainly did learn a great deal about sex, emotion & dealing with it. I still believe those were positive factors in my life. However, looking back, I now also realise that there were subtler consequences which were not helpful.
I had a rough upbringing, so, like it or not, I had to take more responsibility than I was ready for as a young teen. In consequence, I used to let off steam with pretty reckless behaviour. Being with this woman made me all the more confident & even less willing to listen to anybody trying to urge any caution. This culminated in my taking some risks which were not just dangerous, but worse, were disproportionately dangerous compared to the reward on offer. Frankly, I was an idiot & doubly so because I was sure that I wasn't. Its something of a minor miracle that I didn't get myself killed.
In fact, I'd probably have continued on that path if it hadn't been for meeting my wife at age 19. Here again is the subtle influence I'm talking about. Although my wife (recently ex) is only 2 months older than me, it did take a combination of "woman" & "sex" to get through to me, if that makes sense. I just wouldn't, perhaps couldn't, listen to anybody else.
For clarity I should probably mention that the degree of risk I'm talking about involved illegal activity, a war zone, a lot of cash & being under 18 still. Seriously, I was a nutcase. If I found out that my own son was planning anything even remotely as stupid, I'd lock him up.
I also believe that my overconfidence led to marrying too young. Not that I'm complaining about our time together, or how our kids have turned out, its just that it was a lot more hard work than I believe it'd have been if I was wiser.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by oppaperclip

Do you realize that if a woman can prove you gave her
something to purposely cause a miscarriage,she can
file charges against you?
Have you ever heard of condoms?You don't want to make
a baby,wrap it up to make sure that you don't.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Im sorry, but if a man had sex with a 14 year old girl this thread would be littered with the usual castration, take him out and shoot him etc Either both situations are right whether male or female or both are wrong even if both people involved consent.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
sex is sex.

he wasnt raped. he obviously wanted it. so let it be.

its all about dominance and morality. historically and physically men are the dominant partner. this women chose to be with someone younger because she wanted to be in control.

she had sex with a teen to show dominance. when a man has sex with a teen it is because he is sick.

men have no need to show their superiority ( historically and physically speaking) women do. points moot anyway.

at 14 i would have sex with anything. so cant blame the kid.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I agree with you,I think any man or woman who has sex with
a minor should suffer the same punishment.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

So you would have no problem if it was a man and a 14 year old girl given both consent to having sex?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
i would because the man is not acting out of a mental need but a physical one.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

Utter twaddle.
Many woman are just as bad if not more than men in regards to sex. This argument that they are all after a mental and emotional relationship is nonsense.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
sex is sex.

he wasnt raped. he obviously wanted it. so let it be.

So when an under-age female says she wants it bad from me, I should just brush off my responsibility as an adult and have sex with her? If a 14-year old girl says she tempted me, we had sex, she enjoyed it and she didn't feel harmed, would I walk away without any punishment? Would the Law see that her enjoyment of the activity cancels out my illegal action?

its all about dominance and morality. historically and physically men are the dominant partner. this women chose to be with someone younger because she wanted to be in control.

So her psychological need to be this dominant figure cancels out the welfare of the child who is probably not mature enough to comprehend the consequences of having sex with her?

she had sex with a teen to show dominance. when a man has sex with a teen it is because he is sick.

Is it so hard to believe that an adult female wanted to experience physical gratification with somebody she found sexually attractive? Why is it sick when a man does it, but it is "about dominance" when a female does it?

men have no need to show their superiority ( historically and physically speaking) women do. points moot anyway.

Is that an excuse to absolve female adults of their responsibilities towards under-age members of the opposite gender?

at 14 i would have sex with anything. so cant blame the kid.

Most of us males admit that if we were in his position, we would have done the same. (I had some pretty hot teachers in high school). But that does not change the fact that an adult woman had sexual intercourse with a minor.

When an adult male has sex with an under-age female, it is all about how selfish and sick he was and how he destroyed the life of the minor. The fact of whether the minor enjoyed it means nothing. As an adult he had sexual intercourse with somebody judged by the law as a minor. He broke the law. He should be punished.

Can you not see the Double Standards here?

[edit on 26/2/2010 by Dark Ghost]

<< 2  3  4   >>

join