It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman avoids jail after sex with boy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Woman avoids jail after sex with boy

au.news.yahoo.com

A Tasmanian woman who had sex with a 14-year-old boy after "one thing led to another" has been given a three-month suspended jail sentence.

However, because their age difference was not considerable and it was not alleged that the woman was some sort of sex predator, Justice Crawford said it was not appropriate to send her to prison immediately.

She also avoided being placed on the sex offenders register.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I CANNOT believe this.

If this was a man, he would have been hung, drawn and quartered. Placed on EVERY sex offender list that exists and would have had been run out of the very town he lives in.

This woman gets 3months SUSPENDED sentence. I cannot believe how bias and sexist these kinds of cases can be. Is there some unwritten law that says hit men with the book?

It reminds me of a driving tester who told me not to feel bad because they are instructed to fail every male the first time they take the test.

Give her the full treatment. Just like any other [MALE] person.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
"...after one thing lead to another."

What a load of crap.

She knew what she was doing, who she was doing it with.... and that isn't right. A line was crossed. Messing about with a 16 yr old boy is walking a tight rope. That's a blatant line step!

I'm sure many women have gotten away with this over the years.

Even though he was 14, and probably was already messing around with girls his age... this crosses the line.

She should have been sent to jail OP. This probably isn't the first time she's done it.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I hear ya! I know of a woman(32yo) that had sex with 3 15 yo boys.
You want to know how much time she got?
4 years probation! NO jail time at all!

She admitted in court she did this and they still let her off. She is shunned in town but still how can this happen?
I have a son and if anyone ever so much as touched him in a sexual way they would not live to see a court room!

Our system is sick and screwed up!

BTW how do you flag a person? I starred you but no flag. So I am giving you a verbal flag.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by freedomataprice] Just to say thanks SS for teaching me the ropes. Just flagged you.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by freedomataprice]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
are mens expression of outrage about her sentencing more angst about the act in regard to personal jealousy?if i was a sexually active preteen i would want the ripest fullest woman available!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Why do women get off easy? I bet she was a looker.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

She must be pretty hot. The amount of jail time a woman receives is the inverse of her hotness. Anybody got a pic?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by SilentShadow

She must be pretty hot. The amount of jail time a woman receives is the inverse of her hotness. Anybody got a pic?

I have nothing to say but:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So because she may or may not look good is even an issue? Serious?

Well if that don't beat all, and here I thought it should have something to do with the fact that she was an adult and he was a child. My bad.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

There's no doubt a 14 yr old boy would love to dip his fingers into something older...

The problem here is her wanting and HAVING him. He's too young.

She's a paedo thru and thru, end of story.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Nice... No, in all seriousness that's just not right. I'm not talking entirely about the woman and the boy having sex, that's a controversial thing. What I'm talking about is how the law can be changed(unofficially) depending on your sex. I don't understand the logic because there is none in this. Somehow attractiveness permits the breaking of laws to these people and that is just wrong.

Equal rights means equal consequences too, people.

The Protector

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomataprice
So because she may or may not look good is even an issue? Serious?

Look at the female pedophiles, and the sentences they receive. The uglier they are, the more time they do. The 'hot' ones get off pretty much scott free.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This is not unheard of at all. www.guardian.co.uk...

Debra Lafave was to pretty for jail. Jane Crane got pregnant with her victim, she got custody and he has to pay child support.

I do not trust women at all, and here's a tid bit of info. If you do get a woman pregnant and you don't want it and she does, remember creeping time tea. It will cause her uterus to contract a give her a miss carriage. I'd rather that than be some sort of human ATM for 18 or so years.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
whats the problem? if the boy wanted to have sex, there is no problem, you just dont know how it happened

the problem is when someone is drugged or when someone doesnt even know what is happening ...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
are mens expression of outrage about her sentencing more angst about the act in regard to personal jealousy?if i was a sexually active preteen i would want the ripest fullest woman available!

I wouldn't call it jealousy....but a demand for equality.

You know, that word that everyone loves to use, but hate when it gets used against them?

The OP is right. If this were a man - he'd be in jail & on every sexual predator website on the internet.

Since it's a woman - and boys love sex - its forgiven.

More proof that we live in a backwards society that says men are the root of all evil, and women are sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Though i agree with you - if i was that boy, i'd have no qualms.

But how many 14 year old girls can say "i wanted to have sex with that 35 year old man"

Doesn't make it okay where the law is concerned.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
whats the problem? if the boy wanted to have sex, there is no problem, you just dont know how it happened

The law (and common sense) states that someone that young is incapable of understanding the potential ramifications of his/her decision; the adult knows. Adults should protect and nurture this immaturity, NOT, take advantage of it.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hello? Tasmania,do they even have laws there?And how does Dracula fit in?

Or is that Transylvania?

I agree with the hotness inversion ratio.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
14 boy and 20 year old girl. Thats right the age diffrence was not that much. He probably ended up bragging to friends
There was nobody hurt!
I do agree that if it was a guy teacher and female student that he would have had the book thrown at him, which is so wrong!!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by (C2C)
14 boy and 20 year old girl. Thats right the age diffrence was not that much. He probably ended up bragging to friends
There was nobody hurt!
I do agree that if it was a guy teacher and female student that he would have had the book thrown at him, which is so wrong!!

So if this was your 14 year old daughter and a 20 year old man you would have no problem?

2nd line

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This is probably not going to be a real popular opinion..but here goes:

The law makes no provision for the obvious psychological differences between male and female. While sex with an older man would be traumatic for a young girl, sex with an older female is the stuff of dreams for most young boys.

So the judge is sitting there in these cases and thinking how lucky the kid is and secretly wishing it had happened to him when he was 14. I see these stories on other forums about older women seducing boys..the responses from women are filled with disgust...the responses from men are typically "where were these women when I was 14?"

The typical feeling among men whether they will admit it or not is that it is very difficult for a woman to "abuse" a sexually mature male.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join