It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you agree with 50 Cent's philosophy of life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Isn't 50-cent's philosophy "get rich or die tryin'" or was that just a movie he was in? That, I do not agree with.

However, skimming through that slide show in the OP link, I must say that I mostly agree with it. Do we know for certain that Curtis Jackson wrote this, and not a "ghost writer"? Not to knock 50...he seems fairly intelligent in his interviews I have seen...but this is the guy that brought us Magic Stick and Candy Shop....and let me no forget his latest gem Have a Baby By Me Baby, Be a Millionaire

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

great job i could not agree with you more.................

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

if you think 50 cent is smart look up his high school grades and his gpa, than come back and tell me if he is smart. just because he wrote a book doese not mean he knows how to get rich and make it big. and education gives u a better chance than being a OG

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpr54
reply to post by Aggie Man

if you think 50 cent is smart look up his high school grades and his gpa, than come back and tell me if he is smart. just because he wrote a book doese not mean he knows how to get rich and make it big. and education gives u a better chance than being a OG

Grades are not always an indicator of intelligence. With that being said, what I meant was that he seems intelligent enough to have authored the slides in the OP link with the assistance of spell check.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
... They are describing a social-economic lifestyle first described by jazz musicians in the 1930's when Heroin first was introduced to Harlem.

As a result Jazz musicians also had a negative connotation associated with themselves similar to the disdain focused upon rap musicians today. ...

You're forgetting that jazz quickly evolved into musicianship competitiveness, not who can talk the fastest over samples or make the most unearned money, or who can kill the most of the 'other' side!

Jazz, IMO, is MUCH healthier form of music/lifestyle than rap. Not matter what time period it's in. Sure, you can claim that some rappers can play instruments...but they are preschoolers compared to the 'jazz' and 'funk' predecessors!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
He is just here to destroy the minds and American culture just like all the other gangster rappers. Sex drugs and murder. He was planted in the mainstream to destroy the country . America was better off without the Street thug rap decade we just went thru. The last 10 years have been a downslide of mental capacity largly due to this culture in America and on the TV mind control box. We promote this culture into the top and look what happens. The whole country is turning into a ghetto.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Actually I have seen more young men die in the streets and land in prison for trying to live up to the bling and dope dealing lifestyle that is glamorized in rap videos!

If they start doing video's showing grieving familes and young men, as young as 16 languishing in prison from trying to live up to this ridiculos standard they put forth then some of my venom will subside!

I am far from some old lady that doesn't have a clue about life!

I meant no disrespect, I could just literally hear my Grandpa in what you were saying. Made me feel a little nostalgic to be honest.

I in no way believe glamorizing idiocy, but the problem isn't with the rappers.

People are really good at pointing out "the problem", but suck at understanding the cause. Fixing the problem is only temporary, because a problem can't be fixed or it wouldn't be a problem. A problem can be averted by education, but everyone has to learn to tie their shoelace sort of speak. The problem of tying the shoelace will never go away, but it will be learned to be dealt with...make any sense?

Most of these kids come from homes with no structure and not by their choice as they are born into it. The home is the structure of life. No structure, no home, no life but to the few that make it out as Mr. Jackson has.

I can't wait to see 50 at 50 or Snoop at 60. The ones who don't learn and change won't be around anyway...Problem takes care of itself.

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Why would you want to follow the philosophy of a slave owning, gun totin, alcoholic, "founding father"?

Hmmmmm...well...if I want to control the world...hey....forget I even asked.

I'm sure 50 cents is a great role model for kids! I bet moms everywhere would just live to see their kids wearing baggy pants and causin trouble in the hood.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

I think that most kids are listening to the words in his songs and not to the words in this book.

The words in his songs give a much different message.

So who is this book for anyway?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I have a question and its quite simple.

Have you read the book?

To answer one or two 'items' I have seen posted here.

It seems this book is based on interviews and observations by Robert Greene.

Robert Greene's Blog

I have a lot of choices for key words but wisdom overrides my comments. I merely request you read the book first.

Covers

Youth-shaping influences
Errors made-lessons learned

It is a fascinating look into an area of urban life few write about or seem to get what is actually going on.

I only ask @ all here read the book first then add your judgments.

And thank you have answered a question I had about posting something in a new thread. I know will not what so ever.

I am merely disappointed at this time. Severely disappointed in the responses in some areas.

The screamed at me, not merely talked. Thank yall for the enlightenment. I will not be sharing certain things now. I do truly appreciate the warning.

For the scholars and the warriors. (pick up the book, its worth the time. I found mine on amazon cheap in the used section)

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil
Recently 50 Cent made a book with Robert Greene. It's basicaly a self-help book for people that don't like self-help that much.

Here is the gist of the book:

www.slideshare.net...

What do YOU think?

Is it similar to lil wayne's philosophy, "GET MONEY!"

50 cent is just some goon who got lucky.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

Thanks! I enjoy reading books like these. They're always an influence to myself.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

So your saying that if the youth listens to rap/ hip-hop or whatever WILL become a thug, prisoner or a drug dealer? As long as I can remember, I always listened to rap and hip-hop and I'm certain that I am not a thug, bank robber or even a drug dealer. You probably didn't know many people that listened to the genre and have become mistaken. I believe that you need to do more research before you criticise something.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I think:
"manny man, manny man wish def pon me, wish def pon me"
Personally i take my advice from
Reh Dog

and Wesley Willis

Moral of the story do not smoke crack

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Moral of the story do not smoke crack

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That right there made this thread worth reading, though you have to admit, people have gotten pretty successful while smoking crack.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Pants sagging or owning slaves? Which, as a parent, would you prefer your child do?

Let me guess....

[edit on 28-2-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
lol at people thinking that if music was all holding hands hippy bullcrap, that poverty, violence, frustration, prejudice, hate, and many other negative things that compel people to do things we deem bad, wouldnt exist. not to mention such an ideal world would never exist, and the hippy movement is long gone, and it brought some wonderful changes worldwide, especially in america, but well, look what the world still is now.

ask yourself why does 50 cent exist first, and go back from there. lol at idiots thinking that if they were born in some of these environments, under some of these specific conditions people have to deal with, they wouldnt end up being a gangbanger, drug dealer, violent, promiscuous, ect.. your lying to your stupid selves. morons.

i understand why people do the things they do, and i do not agree with a lot of it, but i understand why someone might become a gang banger, or sell drugs, steal cars, pimp hoes, be a hoe, ect... it can be a horrible world out there, and humans can be horrible people when their backs are against the wall, but the fact of the matter is, when your in the environments that create these people, its hard to not get caught up in a criminal lifestyle. if your in some shanty town in russia somewhere, living in levels of poverty i cant imagine, in a place with less opportunity then this beautifully soft bed known as america, you will do some rough stuff to get by. let someone offer you 10,000 to kill someone. im sure there are billions of people worldwide that would jump at such an opportunity, no matter how immoral.

there is a reason that the rappers who talk about the gangsta #, or the over the top crazy #, like eminem, who i might add, created an entire career off of talking about killing people, raping women, doing drugs, ect.. LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN. one of the most famous and loved rappers of all time, has an entire career based off of lyrics of some of the most grotesque # ever, but people praise him like a god. hell, even during his freestyle for the hip hop awards he mentioned raping a female. lol. im not saying hes a rapist, but his psychotic mindset appealed to millions, young, old, black, white, purple, ect... but i got off topic, sorry.

what i wanted to get at in the previous paragraph, is that there is a reason these people act, and rap the way they do, and the source of that problem is more to blame then them. but no one wants to discuss that, because that is a very complex, deep, and conspiracy filled discussion when you try to get to the root of the problem, and ways to fix it. so as long as money hungry people in power exist, and powers in the world that have more control over my life then i do, exist, there will continue to be all the negative # your seeing, and all the negative lyrics you hear in music.

but this shouldnt turn into a 50 cent bashing thread, because the fact of the matter is, hes way more rich and powerful then all of his haters, and you dont get like that on accident. applaud the man for trying to get out of hustling, getting shot up, surviving, and still not quitting his career as a rapper because he would rather make music then get shot up again and be living in the hood.

plus, he was inspired by the 48 laws of power for his current book, and have any of you actually read the 48 laws of power, or listened to the audio book of it? lol! that stuff is raw, manipulative, and to the point, but for anyone who has actually lived out here, and not been in their little box of life in some bum crap town in nowhere land, where its easier to make negative comments towards things, while staying blissfully ignorant, can see the application of such things discussed in the 48 laws of power, because if your not a predator, then your prey. welcome to the real world.

get real! ats is trash nowadays. i think i should sig that i say it so much.

oh, and ill check that link later, and i will be looking forward to reading 50 laws by 50 cent soon. i just havent bothered to go buy it and make time to read it.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Some of it I certainly agree with. We live in a world where everyone wants instant gratification; they don't want to work or take risks. They want sure things with the slightest degree of effort in obtaining their goal.

In that regard, I'd say that they are pretty much spot on.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join