It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe They Are After Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Quote from source:
I've always been particularly contemptuous of conspiracy theories, whether it's U.N. sponsored black helicopters, the dangers of the Trilateral Commission, or alien abduction. It's never been the way I see things, although as a kid I had a period of concern over sitting on toilets and baby alligators that kids bought at the circus and flushed into New York City sewers.

But now I am joining mainstream America in its paranoia. This week we've witnessed the dissolution of ACORN, the leading national advocacy group for the poor, shut down with the active help of the Congress from both parties, and the stunning decision by the U.S. Supreme Court in Citizens United vs. Federal Election Commission which allows unlimited spending by corporations and labor unions in political campaigns. ACORN was forced out of business despite the fact that the expose´ that led to repeated attacks on it was perpetrated by a conservative activist now charged with a wiretapping attempt against U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, and the congressional blocking of funds to the group was found to violate the Constitution as a Bill of Attainder, a law aimed at only one group or person.

The Supreme Court decision suddenly makes the whole notion of campaign finance laws a joke. How in the world is a person or a group without money and/or power going to cope with corporations which can literally throw millions into a political campaign and consider it pocket change? In New York City, we're all still staggered by the $112 million spent by Mayor Bloomberg last year to get reelected. Against major multinational corporations, that amount could well be considered trivial in the future.

I had to post this because I am happy to see anyone else waking up to the way the world works. Anyone that is opening their eyes to this crazy world deserves applause if you ask me.

Good article and glad to hear more people saying these kind of things.

Bravo.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I usually try to stay away from posting on political issues because it just wreaks of corruption. I believe many Politicians start out with good intentions based on their personal beliefs but once they get elected they see how things in the government function and realize they are fighting a losing battle and give into the corruption.

Its like a saying my Parents told me when I was a kid, if you hang out with drug dealers and drug addicts you will also become one of them, and if you hang out with good, caring people that are hard workers you will become one of them. I always thought that was a weird thing to tell a kid but now that I'm older I see just how right they actually were. Same thing goes for politicans they are just surrounded by so much greed and corruption they become one of them.

Now this doesn't quite apply to "All" politicians but I think it can apply to a vast majority of them. I think Ron Paul is a straight shooter, at least he seems like he is. Jessie Ventura also seemed like a straight shooter when he was in office. Probably had something to do with why he never got re-elected, although I don't know if he ran for a 2nd term or not. Just my 2 cents on politics.

new topics

join